Be careful accepting $100 bills

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Most of us will only get $100 bills from a bank, but if you work retail you might get scammed.

The showed how they did it on Dateline. They take $5 bills and remove the ink. Then they photocopy a $100 bill over the paper. This way if you only rub one of those pens that detect counterfeit money it will still show up as money, they only mark black on paper. Visually you can still tell because they said that the Lincoln watermark stays. Also the security strip will still say $5 and be in a different location than on the $100 bill. They didn't mention it but on the lower right hand corner the $100 symbol should not be reflective and change tones on the counterfeit.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I saw that Dateline (as usual). I remember a story where some teens were making color copies of bills on a priinter and taking them to change machines and getting the coins, rolling them and getting real money for them. I should try this! :D

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Usually in retail, the watermark is always the telltale sign- without it, you're just hassiting a guess, and that's not accuracy. Sides, the security strip is specifically designed for one singular denomination, and can't be removed. To the trained eye, it's easy enough to bullseye the bullshit bill. To the untrained eye, it's almost accepting it on its own merits, even with the currency pens.