beaches...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by muscledog, Mar 10, 2005.

1. muscledog

muscledog New Member

Just wondering what the general consensus is about nude beaches. Are they considered places for gay men to "hook up", or are they legitimate places where anyone can go to get an all-over tan?

2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
  3. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

I would say both. It's probably a good hookup place, but anyone can go there for a good tan.

4. muscledog

muscledog New Member

I wish there was a nude beach near here so I could go see for myself! :)

5. FieldRatt9

FieldRatt9 Member

Albums:
    I go for the all over tan and freedom of just being me. Swim trunks and me do not get along. Friendly people and good views all around. I usually go with friends both straight or gay, a friend is a friend. As for the "hook up"...not me, but I see it happen alot. Too bad...it spoils the view.

6. BuffMusicIdol

BuffMusicIdol New Member

Dr Rock's answer wins. Hands down.

No, uh, make that pants down.

Um, Rock, do us a favor and start a thread. I'm dying to know what else is in your head (and pants.) :p

Buff

7. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

i've only ever been to haulover beach north of miami. it was very mixed. about 50/50 on the day i went between straight couples and guys. everyone i talked to was pretty friendly, and i did not pick up alot of sexual overtones. but it was 2pm on a thursday when i went.

i suspect alot of it depends on where you go and when.

8. Dr Rock

Gold Member

personally I don't go to beaches - I don't like sand. ugh. also I don't agree with jumping in the ocean and swimming around in it. bad idea. the ocean is absolutely overloaded with unspeakably malevolent horrors that desire nothing more than to kill us all in the most painful and horrific ways possible. you're just giving them the finger by entering their territory. you don't see great white sharks swimming up fifth avenue and jumping the lights do you? why do we do the same thing to them??

9. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I see where you're coming from a bit, Rock, but not all beaches are abound with marine life like that. Don't forget that a good number of beaches are actually man-made, and not necessarily linked up to a big ocean -- that's more applicable to landlocked states such as mine.

That said, you wouldn't catch me out in the water during jellyfish season. Yeouch.

10. Imported

Gold Member

hung_big: Yeah Dee,

You're right on both counts (beaches and jellyfish). I was stung by one in Nova Scotia (it's a wonder it was only once) and needless to say, it stung (pun intended) like a Biyach. Some of the worst pain I have ever felt. My leg didn't heel for weeks!

Chris

11. Dr Rock

Gold Member

GUYS IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF THE THING

12. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, ever since I've been on the coast, let's just all agree that jellyfish should all be made into sushi.

13. chris88

chris88 New Member

I've only been to a couple naturist recreation things, in which it certainly was not moreso a place for gay guys to hook up then general.

14. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

It probably depends a lot on the reputation of the beach. I've been to only one nude beach: La Playa d'Es Cavallet, Spain. It is on the island of Ibiza, which is a party paradise, especially among the gay tourists. One end of Es Cavallet is especially gay, and especially cruisy. It has the reputation of being a pick-up spot, and so it is. The dunes and scrub behind the strand is pretty busy at times. I would imagine that there are other nude beaches where blatant gay cruising would be frowned upon. BTW, I have never encountered jellyfishes, sharks, stingrays, moray eels, or krakens while swimming in the Mediterranean, okay? :D

15. raj

raj New Member

Albums:
    Boy are you guys really off on this topic.

I frequent nude beaches as much as I can and I don't even go in the water. I personally hate bathing suits. In these situations I don't consider myself an exhibitionist though there are other situation where I do feel I am.

My personal preference are beaches that are mostly isolated. In my part of California, there are many places to find like this. More public "clothing optional" beaches are mainly full of gawkers and people looking to "hook up". Being str8, I'm not looking to hook up by some other guy. Being black, I hate people walking over me to "see if it's true about those black guys" and I'm certainly not there to get a tan. Most of the times the more public beaches are short on females. Most females usually come with there husbands/boyfriends. Women alone are usually shamefully harassed by creeps.

I go mainly for the solitude and yes at times when no one is around, I do manage to get hard and jerk off to the feeling of the sun, and wind on my naked body. It's more of a spiritual thing to connect with nature. Having traveled overseas before, mainly Europe, nakedness is perceived differently here in the states than it is in Europe. I've camped out on nude beaches with a mix of EU nationals and the experience is very different around crowds. People are more mature about bodies. The US is much more prudish. Look at this country's reaction to that "wardrobe malfunction". And it's getting worse. Soon those same prudes would pass a constitutional admendmant to ban nude beaches.

As a proud member of our large member group, one must also feel comfortable being out in public with what we have here. Most times it's no big deal!

if you ever have a chance to experience a relatively solitude nude beach, do try it. It's great being outdoors with our willies waving in the wind!!! I have a collection of friends, both male and female who also like doing the same.

B)

16. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Unforttunately, I really know of no nude beaches in my area, so i have no basis for comparison.

Draft saved Draft deleted