Bear Grylls

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thought this thread was going to be about large, hairy men with gold and diamonds in their teeth.

Who is Bear Grylls?

(I know I can Google him...I want to read your words, not Google's.)

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
he host a survivor show on Discovery, where they drop him in the middle of an extreme enviroment and he has to survive, just him and a camera. He drinks his own urine in one episode, then guts a camel and sleeps inside it all night.

Gab_Stone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think he is an idiot and probably gets coached on the lame things he tells people. If you are in the positions he gets in, then you should know more than what he talks about. Or you just shouldn't be out there.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bear is hot, but becasue of his job he has quite a few cool points deducted.

I highly doubt anyone would find themselves in the situations that he puts himself in unless they were complete morons and fancied themselves a Steve Irwin type (r.i.p.).

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
he host a survivor show on Discovery, where they drop him in the middle of an extreme enviroment and he has to survive, just him and a camera. He drinks his own urine in one episode, then guts a camel and sleeps inside it all night.

It's called Man vs. Wild.
He's not quite 34, used to be an SAS (Special Air Service Regiment) thingey from Britain.
Was briefly called the youngest Brit to ever climb Everest.
(Did he really sleep inside a camel? Ewwww. That's going a bit far. Anyway, the real thing is that he's not in survival mode at all, what with all the production peeps that accompany him... and he's taken quite a bit of flack for the disingenuous pretension that he is.)

MAJOR2910

Sexy Member
Media
Bear is hot, but becasue of his job he has quite a few cool points deducted.

I highly doubt anyone would find themselves in the situations that he puts himself in unless they were complete morons and fancied themselves a Steve Irwin type (r.i.p.).

Steve Irwin wasnt a survivalist! He just poked, prodded & tormented animals to make himself look good. Bear isnt about animals. I think you're confused! Bear is more about sustaining your health in extreme conditions.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
He's not quite 34, used to be an SAS (Special Air Service Regiment) thingey from Britain.

My wife has a big crush on Bear...thinks he's built like me. :tongue:

The reason he left the SAS was due to a skydiving incident gone awry that left his spine fractured in several places. That he walked again was impressive...that he's continued to do the things he does is fucking amazing, regardless of whether or not he's in "survival mode" when he goes on assignment.

MAJOR2910

Sexy Member
Media
It's called Man vs. Wild.
(Did he really sleep inside a camel? Ewwww. That's going a bit far. Anyway, the real thing is that he's not in survival mode at all, what with all the production peeps that accompany him... and he's taken quite a bit of flack for the disingenuous pretension that he is.)

Its states very clearly at the beginning of each segment that the following situations were staged for the purpose of showing survival techniques so I dont know where he's being dishonest! Most of the things he does (and eats!) are clearly for real & u can see him suffering. Any one who expects him to constantly be in REAL dangerous situations is clearly a TWAT! He has one cameraman with him but has to have safety back up due to TV regulations.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Its states very clearly at the beginning of each segment that the following situations were staged for the purpose of showing survival techniques so I dont know where he's being dishonest! Most of the things he does (and eats!) are clearly for real & u can see him suffering. Any one who expects him to constantly be in REAL dangerous situations is clearly a TWAT! He has one cameraman with him but has to have safety back up due to TV regulations.

Those statements at the beginning of each segment were only added after a great deal of criticism.
Sometimes he wasn't anywhere near the wild.
He clearly wasn't forthcoming in the early going.
Discovery channel re-edited some of the segments to reflect the truth.
Now he gives a more accurate picture of what he's doing.
FWIW, I'm not for 'im or agin 'im, MAJOR2910.