Bear, Otter, Cub etc?

~quicksilver~

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ahh, then you seek a daddy bear!

Actually no... That's my other problem! Because I like older, masculine and hairy they automatically assume that I am a bottom and want a big bad daddy to dominate me.... Actually I am completely versatile and hate playing into those stereotypes... Why can't the younger, slimmer guy be masculine, dominant or in control as well!!! Where are all the masculine, hairy guys who like to get fucked as well as fuck! As you can guess, I have lots of problems dating... :rolleyes: But the few I have found have been pleasantly surprised by the role reversals... :biggrin1:

Actually no... That's my other problem! Because I like older, masculine and hairy they automatically assume that I am a bottom and want a big bad daddy to dominate me.... Actually I am completely versatile and hate playing into those stereotypes... Why can't the younger, slimmer guy be masculine, dominant or in control as well!!! Where are all the masculine, hairy guys who like to get fucked as well as fuck! As you can guess, I have lots of problems dating... :rolleyes: But the few I have found have been pleasantly surprised by the role reversals... :biggrin1:

They're out there like anyone else. I suggest looking for guys who respond to that catagory because no behavioral label is always true. You could find a whole bunch of daddy bears out there but that doesn't mean they'll all want to always be dom. They're out there.

Failing that however, guess you'll just have to wait until I come over to the UK next year. I'll be able to assist you personally then :wink:.

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I find the whole Click thing quite annoying.... I am crazy for older, masculine, hairy muscled guys. But it seems that they only shag other older, masculine, hairy muscled guys! I am not even considered because I am younger, slim and cutish... grrrrrrr :mad:

quicksilver..I'd shag you in a heartbeat! then gladly assume any position you'd like.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Awww but we love you and your hairy man boobs are really nice.
My two cents.

HAAAA!!! That made me laugh so hard I teared up.

I agree w/ quicksilver. Clicks are crap. The few times I went to a bear bar, I didn't show it, but I felt majorly uncomfortable with the whole "click" deal. Guys hung in groups and stared at me and my friends as if we were making the biggest scene ever just by being there.

I guess we just have to keep going so they can get familiar with our scents...isn't that how it is in the wild?

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Isn't that the case wherever you go, straight bars, quite local bars, dancey twinky places, people will always stare.

(Or is that just me),

I remember the first time I ventured into a gay bar in Manchester, it took me ages to pluck up the courage only I chose THE leatheriest bar around, I pushed open the door just as the jukebox stopped playing. Every eye turned my way, gave me the once up and down and just stared, I could have died, but I brazened it out....

"Clicks" as you are calling them, are there for people who need the familiarity of knowing there'll always be someone to talk to, and can't be arsed making the effort to talk to new people. Their insecure. Thats all. Talk to those people out of their clicks and they're completely different in my experience, classic self defense- safety in numbers.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As far as gay labels go they get quite intricate. This past lazy bear weekend I learned a few new ones, and since Hairison street fair is this weekend I might learn some more.

Bears: general catch all phrase for a mature beefy furry man
Cub: younger furry man
Musclebear: bear with muscles; a furry gymbunny
Polarbear: bear with white fur
Blackbear: African American bear
Pandabear: the hard to find, rare Asian bear
Daddybear: bear who is also a daddy
Leatherbear: bear into S&M
Pradabear: bear who is a label whore
Princessbear: the pretty bears that are too good to talk to anyone not as hot as themselves, also a high maintenance bear
Otter: furry man with a swimmer's build
Silverfox: an attractive older man with mostly silver hair

That's just off the top of my head, as you can see, this could go on and on. I don't know what they call Latino bears... and what the heck is a Wolf; is it the same as an Otter? As for myself I guess I'm just a Puppy :smile:

I've only been a member for less then 3 weeks, but man, have I gotten an education! I learn more every time I visit the site.

I think LPSG should be changed to LPESG (large penis & educational support group).

Thanks guys and girls, please keep teaching me!

~quicksilver~

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
HAAAA!!! That made me laugh so hard I teared up.

I agree w/ quicksilver. Clicks are crap. The few times I went to a bear bar, I didn't show it, but I felt majorly uncomfortable with the whole "click" deal. Guys hung in groups and stared at me and my friends as if we were making the biggest scene ever just by being there.

I guess we just have to keep going so they can get familiar with our scents...isn't that how it is in the wild?

I wish he'd post a link in here to an enlarged photo of his man boobs. :rolleyes:

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a bear and I tend to be attracted to other bearish men, but it's not exclusive. Even though a little bit of "fur" can turn my head "fur" does not always translate to mean "bear" and I am much more interested in maturity and not whether a man meets some sort of bearish criteria.

Anyway, "bear" is more about attitude. If you're thin, but you feel like a bear... You're a bear. If you are older, but you feel like a cub... you're a cub. What matters is your attitude about yourself and not the other guys attitude about you.

guiltrip

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do people actually use the term "bear" in real life or is this like an internet thing. I mean I've known hairy people before and I'm hairy but I've never heard someone actually say the word in those terms.

Do people actually use the term "bear" in real life or is this like an internet thing. I mean I've known hairy people before and I'm hairy but I've never heard someone actually say the word in those terms.

Oh yes. A friend of mine is definitely bear-ish. He collects bear things, goes to bear bars, is looking for a husbear, and even has the bear pride flag:

bearpride.gif

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A boi is a guy who is no longer in his earliest years but still dresses the part.
I always thought that "boi" implied something other than how a guy dresses, although it might be part of the persona. To me, it implies a sexual role.