bear pit

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know a forum (no, no URL, "thou'lt be afraid to hear it") with a section called the Bear Pit. That's where members make personal attacks on each other - specific attacks for genuine transgressions, not just calling each other stupid. Anyone else ever seen anything like that?

Things aren't sufficiently vitriolic here to make a Pit worthwhile, I suppose, though I'm sure something like it would appeal to some of you who lean toward a bit of S&M (only for recreation, of course).

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
LPSG's administrator has said that one of the goals of the group is 'to have fun.'

Such a place as a Bear Pit would be totally out of place here for, regardless of one's intentions, feelings would be hurt and LPSG's inclusiveness and friendliness would be ultimately damaged.

Trolls are not tolerated so we certainly wouldn't want to provide an outlet for them.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, these individuals aren't trolls. Trolling is a different problem entirely. And I wouldn't try to assert that those in the Bear Pit aren't having fun, albeit in a noisy sort of way.

I wasn't seriously suggesting that there should be one at lpsg. I was wondering if anyone had seen anything similar elsewhere. I posed the question here rather than on some other forum, as there are plenty of members here who, I suspect, read some boards that I don't.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I know a forum where members make personal attacks on each other - specific attacks for genuine transgressions, not just calling each other stupid. Anyone else ever seen anything like that?

No. I don't think I've seen anything like that, not even here.

And I've never seen another penis.j/k:wink:

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haha big dirge, I think I like you being an instigator.:tongue:

I've never seen that per se, but I've been on some forums with some pretty aggressive posting styles. I think lpsg is too *moderate* for that. Too many people would get their feelings hurt for real. Send me the link if I'm allowed to see it.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've heard of it before, but it has no appeal for me.

There are also some restaurants famous for the rude waitstaff. One of my brothers wanted to get a group together and go there, he thought it would be a blast. I declined, I didn't think having our waiter insulting us would be a fun way to enjoy a dinner.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know a forum (no, no URL, "thou'lt be afraid to hear it") with a section called the Bear Pit. That's where members make personal attacks on each other - specific attacks for genuine transgressions, not just calling each other stupid. Anyone else ever seen anything like that?

Things aren't sufficiently vitriolic here to make a Pit worthwhile, I suppose, though I'm sure something like it would appeal to some of you who lean toward a bit of S&M (only for recreation, of course).

LPSG's administrator has said that one of the goals of the group is 'to have fun.'

Such a place as a Bear Pit would be totally out of place here for, regardless of one's intentions, feelings would be hurt and LPSG's inclusiveness and friendliness would be ultimately damaged.

Trolls are not tolerated so we certainly wouldn't want to provide an outlet for them.
To the first two--this is why we have The Untouchables thread and over in games there's the dangerous precedent being set with Insult The Person Above.

BigDirigible (and might I say you are looking insanely sexy today); you of all people know~as do I~that personal attacks occur on this board on a fairly regular basis. Why, just recently someone (who shall remain un-named; but he did once post "I will promptly ignore you") compared you and me in the same line of words saying that you are as miserable as I am. Hard to tell which one of us he was attacking. For the record, I am not miserable. A little hard around the edges and willing to slice down any scuzzball who comes near with hypocritical rubbish; but not miserable. I don't get the feeling that you, B.D. are miserable either; but, not knowing you directly, it's not my call to make.

Many persons of good intellect and pleasant manner have left after being repeatedly attacked--often attacked even after they presented valid arguements with documentation to back up their views. Are we willing to risk losing more good people by creating an entire section to this sort of nonsense? Best to keep the attacks as limited as possible~~since they will occur~~within threads. Nicely interred where they are harder to locate.

If you want to see attacks, check out any political or religious thread and of course circumcision threads. These bring out the calls of asshole, asswipe, moron, a twit, a schmuck, a-- well you get the idea.

No. I don't think I've seen anything like that, not even here.

And I've never seen another penis.j/k:wink:
Yeah--what's up with that? A large penis support group and nary a penis to be found. It really gets my goat.

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know of several forums that run a "Flame wars" thread. It's more common than you think.

The funny thing is that people rarely use them to actually get into a flame war. They tend to be full of "Your Mama is so fat..." or "You're so dumb that you..." kind of jokes. Rather silly.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Quite interesting. I really don't see as how a section of this sort would help any site. As to a greater understanding of this Big Dirigible member/former member; I do not yet have a full understanding of who he is/was. Is the search function here worth my efforts to use? So often it's merely a useless button on forums or causes a system to crash; so, I'd rather not use it until I have more information on it.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Just click on his username Northland. Then you can click on the links for all threads and posts posted by him.:smile:

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why is this shit here? This was an old thread used to reference another point in the why was Big D banned. This serves no purpose. Delete it.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why is this shit here? This was an old thread used to reference another point in the why was Big D banned. This serves no purpose. Delete it.
Sorry about that. I posted in it without realizing it had been so long neglected. By the way, is there a time frame for topics to be responded to before a thread is closed?

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no idea but I sure wish one of the moderators would close this one!

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have no idea but I sure wish one of the moderators would close this one!
Who exactly are the moderators? Is there a list located somewhere? I am still quite new here and haven't as of yet discovered all the locations of the things and people which keep this place running.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
By the way, is there a time frame for topics to be responded to before a thread is closed?

There is no time limit. Post where you wish Northland. Threads are only closed if some heated, horrible battle occurs within them or ... I think the mods can tell you more about the other reasons.:smile:

BTW you can find the names of some moderators in this thread:

http://www.lpsg.org/654617-post1.html