Beard or Goatee color

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by horny6.5, Feb 28, 2008.

1. horny6.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    For a while now on and off I have let a goatee grow and let that grow in to a ful beard. I was just wondering does the beard ever match your head hair or pubes. My hair on my head is dark brown my pubes are dark brown but my goatee is somewhat more red. Will it take more time to turn dark brown or its going to be red for the rest of my life. Any ideas

2. ThreeLegs

ThreeLegs New Member

I was born blonde, which turned ash brown, but all my facial hair is pitch black. I'm a fan of it. Be proud of your uniqueness.

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    The hair in my beard was red until it went gray.

4. spfldstyler

spfldstyler New Member

I'm a haistylist, here's my experience with that. Most men do not have the same color of hair on thier heads as their beards. Usally the facial hair is either darker or redder in the face, it's totally natural. I would strongly advise against coloring your facial hair for two reasons: Facial hair is coarser than head hair and will not accept color the same way,it will either be too dark or too light and will look unnatural (I have a few clients who color their own beards and none of them look natural). Secondly, facial hair grows much faster than head hair and will need to be touched up at least once a week if not more often. Every time the hair is colored, the previously colored hair that is left will inevitably get color on it and it will get even darker. You also run the risk of staining your skin with the color each time you apply it. I chose to shave off my goatee when it got grayer so as to avoid all of the hassle with keeping up with the color.

Draft saved Draft deleted