Beards: good or bad?

Beards: good or bad?

• Total voters

D_fedex delivery

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I personally love a well-groomed beard (not too short and stubbly, not too long and grandpa-ish) on the right guy. OSme guys look great with them, some don't. I love to "pet" a guy's soft beard and feel it on my bare skin while he's going down on me.

classyron

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I rocked a beard on and off for the last decade (with the exception of Army time). I vary it from a goatee, goatee w/ mustache, chin strip, Lemmy (if you know this then you rule) to a full-blown beard.

I have not shaved since my last official Army inspection in May, so it is quite large now. I just unveiled it to Gillette the other night. I will not shave again until the 1 year anniversary of that day (or until I get mad, or wanted for some crime).

As for long beards somehow catching food, if someone allows it to happen then they are dirty to begin with. Mine is very clean and soft. Hair is hair, and when it gets to a certain length it should be shampooed and conditioned like the stuff on your head. The only issue I had was with my mustache. I had to trim it to keep my mouth unfettered.

Lots of women want to touch it when I am out, but honestly, not too many non-hippy chicks really dig it.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just have stubble. Which may qualify as a beard? It goes across my whole face. Strangely though, it isn't growing at the side of my mouth. Its about 2cm from completing the circuit :mad:

I like, it makes me look older. Then by association, I can pretend I'm wiser? :tongue:

hehe but at least I don't get asked for ID anymore.

classyron

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just have stubble. Which may qualify as a beard? It goes across my whole face. Strangely though, it isn't growing at the side of my mouth. Its about 2cm from completing the circuit :mad:

My friends call those areas "the links", because they link the mustachio and the beard! Took me years to get them and they are still pretty thin.

B_Bette

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Beards are fine as long as they're not too bushy. Bushy beards are gross, and they collect all sorts of things like food and saliva, ICK!

The perfect beard is scratchy enough to be delightful when you're down there. I enjoy the beard in all sensitive places, including rubbed on the nips.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I ove my beard and receive a lot of positive comments about it from men and women. Like you, SoFl, I started mine because I was tired of shaving. Like you, Burns1de, I thought, "Well, hell, men are supposed to be hairy."

Nice beards, guys.

NCbear (who has gotten used to having a beard since 1993 but who still has to be extra careful when eating soup, pasta with sauce, or any other drippy food--no, I didn't mean that)

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love goatees, but a beard is nice on the right man...as long as it is short and trimmed. I do not like mustaches because they are scratchy when kissing and I LOVE kissing!

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So 'links' normally take a long time to grow? I thought it was just me...

Also my right side seems to grow better than my left side :confused: lol.

I have the same problem - I have some small patches on my face where hair just doesn't grow. Plenty of guys have the same problem. Once my beard reaches a certain length, you can't even see those anyway, so it's all good.

Great avatar BTW - good ol' Preston Parker, haha. :biggrin1:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I wore a beard all through my twenties ... a close-cropped beard that won me a fair number of compliments. But when I shaved it off on my 30th birthday, I got a lot of compliments about my improved appearance.
So go figure.:cool:

Burns1e, your beard, d'apres moi, looks great.

Apropos of nothing, I noticed that when AlteredEgo posted this:

I thought this thread was about girls who date gay guys for appearances.

... you seemed puzzled:

Maybe you don't know an alternate definition for 'beard,' one there'd be no necessity for you of all peeps to learn. (But hey, it's interesting and kind of funny.)

From the Urban Dictionary:

BEARD
A common word used to address a homosexual's female friend who he takes around town; he normally calls this companion his "girlfriend" to prove to the world that he is a masculine, football watching, titty grabbing heterosexual male. Although, he may think that this so called 'image' is working, he's actually fooling himself. It's completely obvious to on-lookers that he is a flamboyant homo. Gayer than a chihuahua in pink shades.

Here are some warning signs that you may be a beard...

1. He wears more makeup than you.
2. He looks fucking FIERCE in pictures 'cause he smiles wit' his eyes.
3. Uses bronzer as blush
4. Plucks his own eyebrows and his eyebrows look more groomed than yours.
5. Stands with hands on his hips.

Who the hell does Gayfron think that he is fooling? We all know that Vanessa Hudgens is his beard.

Have you ever watched Sunset Tan? Nick's beard sort of looks like a trans.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe you don't know an alternate definition for 'beard,' one there'd be no necessity for you of all peeps to learn. (But hey, it's interesting and kind of funny.)

Hehe, yeah, someone already explained that thing to me.... that's weird, all this time, I thought that Seinfeld episode with Elaine and that gay guy was all made up... but some women actually go through with this! Weird...