ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
@tncentaur Ted Cruz is an A- Hole and I say this as a point of fact. I Concur That there are many problems some caused by religion; but I think Man is too quick to blame others and organizations for the evil and short comings of man him/her self.

The Rich do not like the poor is this the fault of religion ?
Americans do not like immigrants and some want to build a wall, is this the fault or religion ?
Mexicans are Christians and so is the majority of the USA
The New testament does not say Muslims are evil go invade their countries ( only remote reference is when the Jews left Egypt )

Even on Homosexuality yes there is the book of Leviticus
But in the same breath the book of John says He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone

There are good people who live good lives free from racism and hate. Then there are some people who are just A-Holes. Religion does not make them hate, nor does it make then kill just the act that they are A- holes

Even when a group of like minded, A-Hoes get together and preach hate they are far more akin to being a mob than true believers of the Bible.

tncentaur

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ronin101 wrote: Even on Homosexuality yes there is the book of Leviticus
But in the same breath the book of John says He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone

Nice of you to pick a general passage that fits your argument from the NT when there are so many specific passages specifically against homosexuals:
1 Corinthians 6: 9-12
1 Timothy 1:10-11
Romans 1:27

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ronin101 wrote: Even on Homosexuality yes there is the book of Leviticus

Nice of you to pick a general passage that fits your argument from the NT when there are so many specific passages specifically against homosexuals:
1 Corinthians 6: 9-12
1 Timothy 1:10-11
Romans 1:27

I still like the New Testimate

Mathiew 5:39 : but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
I prefer Luke 6:31 do unto others as you would have them do unto you
John John says He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone
Matthew 7.1 Judge not Least ye be judged
Romans 3.23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Those who follow the teachings of Jesus understand that all men / women are flawed, we should not judge each other or apply corporal punishment for their sins . No offense but not a bad concept for a Religion

tncentaur

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I still like the New Testimate

Mathiew 5:39 : but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Those who follow the teachings of Jesus understand that all men / women are flawed, we should not judge each other or apply corporal punishment for their sins . No offense but not a bad concept for a Religion

Dude, there is no book called the 'New Testimate'

Reactions: ronin001

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Heat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
First -- The original question is an awful start to an awful thread. Period. And it's made all the more so because it is on a site where the range of sexuality is not just recognized but encouraged, and reverberates with hate and intolerance.

Secondly --
I know a lot of gay men who:
1) you'd never think are gay (they are the muscle-dudes you're so envious of...the men with the big cock and balls that your wife/gf ogle and dreams of getting fucked by and you possibly jack off thinking about)...
2) would and could beat the shit out of you if you (and perhaps even your buds) attempted to gay-bash them
3) would rightfully beat the shit out of you (and possibly fuck you while you're down) AND then call the police and press charges against you for a hate-crime.

P.S. Have you ever noticed that straight guys who beat up on gays are always in packs? Alone, they'd never think of approaching or attacking someone based on a idea about their sexuality...bunch of sissies.

Again, what an awful, ugly thought behind the original question.

Reactions: Timo94

I've been attacked in the street. Walking back late from the cinema with a camp gay friend, discussing the movie. Maybe we were too animated, I don't know. Three guys crossed the road. One of them punched my friend very hard, full in the face. Another one got behind me and rabbit punched me in the back of the neck - like an electric shock. Bit of a blur after that but I managed to punch and knock him into the road. I wanted to stamp on his head and kill him. Honestly I wish I had. But we ran off and they chased us for a few hundred yards but we were much quicker! I wasn't sure if this was 'gay bashing' or not but the police thought so. The same group went on to attack a lone guy and put him in hospital with serious injuries.

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think these days we could make the case that in most of the United Kingdom, it's almost a non issue
May I ask you something personal? Have you ever pretended to be straight or omitted your relationships in a situation where a straight person would be open about it?
I have never lived in England, but I know that LGBT suicide rates are much higher then straight/cisgender rates. So is it really a non issue?

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
May I ask you something personal? Have you ever pretended to be straight or omitted your relationships in a situation where a straight person would be open about it?
I have never lived in England, but I know that LGBT suicide rates are much higher then straight/cisgender rates. So is it really a non issue?

I didn't say it was already a total non issue, just that it is (thankfully) heading that way. Yes, there are still a few problems. Particularly from religious imbeciles. But nothing like as bad as it was 20 or 30 years ago, or as it still is in most of the rest of the world. We have legal protection, but sadly there's still a small percentage - probably less than 5%, certainly less than 10%, who still say hateful things. But even they are running out of steam - everyone ignores them.

No, I don't pretend to be straight. After mentioning my partner today, to a complete stranger, I said "he". No problem ... And in most contexts it doesn't have to be said anyway, unless I feel I need to make a big deal of it - which usually I don't have to. It's just about what's natural. I don't care if people make wrong assumptions, usually ...?

Reactions: hunghorse30

The5timeWCWChampion

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tried to fight a gay guy before. Not because he was gay but because he had a better body, cooler mustache and cooler hair than I do. He beat me up and took my girlfriend even though he doesn't like girls. Good stuff.

Reactions: twoton

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Those who follow the teachings of Jesus understand that all men / women are flawed
I don't like this hippy-christian solution for the homophobic content of the Bible, like "I know the Bible teach us that you are wicked, but we are all wicked in some way uwu". I don't want to hear of a religion that teaches people that when I love a man, I'm sinning but going to be forgiven. And I don't get how anybody can settle with this worldview.
Why so many gay and bi people eat up what is clearly a message of inferiority? Why so many straight people fail to notice this is just watering down homophobia?

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't like this hippy-christian solution for the homophobic content of the Bible, like "I know the Bible teach us that you are wicked, but we are all wicked in some way uwu". I don't want to hear of a religion that teaches people that when I love a man, I'm sinning but going to be forgiven. And I don't get how anybody can settle with this worldview.
Why so many gay and bi people eat up what is clearly a message of inferiority? Why so many straight people fail to notice this is just watering down homophobia?

So you call the foundation for Christianity a watered down religion . Last time I checked the best way to extinguish a fire is to pour water on it

Trust me I am not trying to convert you, believe as you wish.

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So you call the foundation for Christianity a watered down religion . Last time I checked the best way to extinguish a fire is to pour water on it

Trust me I am not trying to convert you, believe as you wish.
If a book says I should be stoned (in the old testament) or suffer in hell for all eternity (in the new testament), the book is evil. If someone reinterprets the book, saying that I don't need to be stoned because we all sin, this new interpretation is still homophobic. Same-sex love is still sin. It's a diluted form of homophobia compared to death penalty (that what I mean by watered down), but still puts same-sex love in an inferior position. I see it as an heterosexual supremacist propaganda.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You are what you are; and you believe what you believe. If the Bible works for some other people let them have their enjoyment to the best of their abilities. By criticizing and demeaning other people and their beliefs, you become just as phobic , just as much a hate monger as those you condemn or denounce.

Truthfully I do not appreciate and I am sure many others would concur that being told that their life style is pure propaganda. There is an old saying about being careful when you point your finger at someone, because you simultaneously point 3 fingers back at yourself.

upload_2016-4-25_19-40-39.jpeg

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You are what you are; and you believe what you believe. If the Bible works for some other people let them have their enjoyment to the best of their abilities. By criticizing and demeaning other people and their beliefs, you become just as phobic , just as much a hate monger as those you condemn or denounce.

Truthfully I do not appreciate and I am sure many others would concur that being told that their life style is pure propaganda. There is an old saying about being careful when you point your finger at someone, because you simultaneously point 3 fingers back at yourself.

View attachment 474945
Yeah right, being critical about something you said (and nobody forced you to say) is just as bad as homophobia ¬¬

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah right, being critical about something you said (and nobody forced you to say) is just as bad as homophobia ¬¬

I am pretty sure I am tolerant of others; and I am pretty sure I am not Homophobic. I am pretty sure you are a grade -A- bigot

Reactions: twoton

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am pretty sure I am tolerant of others; and I am pretty sure I am not Homophobic. I am pretty sure you are a grade -A- bigot
Lets make a short review:
1) The bible say that sodomites must be stoned to death (Leviticus 18:22) and will not inherit the kingdom of God, that is, they will go to hell to suffer eternal damnation (1 Corinthians 6:9-12).
2) You don't deny the existance of this verses, but you point out that we are all sinners according to several verses.
3) I point up that according to this interpretation, homosexuality is still a sin, and therefore, this interpretation is still homophobic/heterosupremacist.
4) Somehow I'm a bigot. See, I'm strugling with this part...