Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Lets make a short review:
1) The bible say that sodomites must be stoned to death (Leviticus 18:22) and will not inherit the kingdom of God, that is, they will go to hell to suffer eternal damnation (1 Corinthians 6:9-12).
2) You don't deny the existance of this verses, but you point out that we are all sinners according to several verses.
3) I point up that according to this interpretation, homosexuality is still a sin, and therefore, this interpretation is still homophobic/heterosupremacist.
4) Somehow I'm a bigot. See, I'm strugling with this part...

Genius, I am quoting the books of the new testament. You know the stuff that Christians, the folks who allegedly follow the teachings of Christ. You are quoting the old testament . I do not deny what the early entries of the Bible state. I am only stating that the later passages reference over and over that no one is without sin of some kind.

Man and woman have sex and are not married this is considered sin. How is this different than Man and another man having sex, sin is sin. You are trying to justify your opinions if not your very existence; by casting aspersions on the beliefs of others.

I leave you with one last passage Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
As this sounds like a pretty cool wish to have for others. not only for Hetero, not only for Homo but for mankind

This Thread was about beating up gays, I thought I was supportive in telling why it was not just criminally wrong; but morally wrong.

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Look, if we are talking about gay bashing (physical and verbal) and more than 90% of the population of my country believe in a book that contains verses like Corinthians 6:9-12 and Leviticus 18:22, it is relevant.
Don't talk to me like I have no idea what I'm talking about. Christianity is something that torments profoundly the lives of every gay person everywhere in the world. I remember I had nightmares about being condemned to hell, several of my friends opened up to me saying they had similar experiences. I was terrified not because of the fear of being sentenced to something terrible, but to be completely scorned. Not by someone who only have a partial view of me, that will have a subjective judgment, but by who have omniscient view. To be objectively garbage waiting be thrown away. This is what a gay person realizes when he understand completely what Corinthians 6:9-12 says about us.
I don't know how you identify and how much you can relate to this, but I'm sharing this because I believe it will make you comprehend that this topic is not something that I can considerate irrelevant, or that any gay atheist can.
Of course, I admit that not every gay man I've speak about this had experienced this level of psychological suffering in the hands of Christian Theology, but the negative impact of Christian "moral" principles are present at every coming out process I've ever heard of.
Diluting this message is not enough. When I love another man, I'm not sinning. If you say anything opposite to that, and yes you can absolutely believe whatever you want of course, but be assured that I will denounce you message for what it is: homophobia.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I decided to delete the original response to your last posting as it was written in haste and was quite hate filled, and re-wright it. I am I native born male of color from a line of native born persons of color, I understand persecution and elitism all too well. Yet I do not blame or fault the bible for it, Man and many of his actions are indeed evil. But the fault belongs to man not the bible.

Please do not misquote me, or try to dissect my writings, I assure you, you are not qualified to do so. I stated that unmarried sex technically is labeled as sin for M/F, so technically it goes equally for M/M or F/F. It just means that I an just as guilty and am just as flawed according to the book you slam.

You kind of bored me three postings ago, I played along till now because it amused me to. Well the amusement is over for me.