Beating at Cracker Barrel may be hate crime

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

FBI: Beating at Cracker Barrel may be hate crime

People are going stark raving mad! :angryfire2: I'm begining to think we need to put Zoloft in the water along with flouride.

2. DGirl

Gold Member

I am PISSED!!
    I hope to hear MORE of this ...
    Why on GODS green earth, would a women let her hubby do something that NASTY!!!
    Hell, a while back ago my hubby came to pick me up at my shitty job and some LOSER started cussing at him.. We have folks fighting at least twice a darn week in SALT LAKE.. I was not gonna have some ASS hole making my hubby PISSED off..
    SO, I kept telling him it is NOT worth it! Lets just get outta of the SHITTY hood and go home!

#2 DGirl, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  3. Ed69

Gold Member

Another reason to join the Marines!The Army always gets their ass kicked!:spankme::laugh2::laugh2::usa2::eek:uttahere:

4. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

is it just me or does it feel like we're still living in the 1800s? seriously, this guy needs to get with the times... you can't do this kind of shit and expect to get a slap on the wrist. i hope he gets punished by every extent of the law.

5. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

its a hate crime because the kid got scared? that would make the old metz adverts with the jedda man hate crimes as i dont know a child that didnt freak out.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

No, it's a hate crime because a white man beat up a black woman and he called her the 'N' word. :rolleyes: :duh: :mad:

You know, every time you make a post like this it makes you appear ignoramt and a bit prejudiced yourself. :irked:

7. Principessa

Gold Member

What are you talking about? He was a complete stranger, NOT her husband.

8. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm pretty sure DGirl was referring to Mr. West's wife...

9. Ed69

Gold Member

So if it was a black man that beat up a white woman and called her a cracker topping what's that?

That's how my sister died,and guess what,there was no news coverage!

No sympathy here.

#9 Ed69, Sep 17, 2009
  10. DGirl

Gold Member

Yes, I was talking about his wife..
    They were leaving and the Black lady was going in...

11. Principessa

Gold Member

Oops, my bad. It's early here. :redface:

12. DGirl

Gold Member

I still LOVE you njqt466 !!:biggrin1:
    Hell, at least your a REAL women!! But, that is a different thread...

13. widenine

widenine New Member

Albums:
    It's is a hate crime and a personal insult to the victim regardless of which way you spin it. Your lack of symphathy and alignment with that bigot makes you part of the problem. Surely you must see this.

14. D_Andreas Sukov

but its not certain from that article what he called her. its her word against his, and from the article it wasnt clear to me. this is why i asked a question. also, next time you decide to to insult someone and call them racist maybe you should actually get to know them instead of one and a half lines of text. also what other posts have i made to give you this idea? because i cant wait to hear them.

15. MickeyLee

Gold Member

using racial slurs during an assault doesn't make the attack a hate crime. unless his motivation was race related, he attacked her because she was black, then he's guilty of using hate speech while in the commission of a felony. not the same as a hate crime.

same goes for my queer tribe, calling someone a faggot or a dyke during an assault doesn't make a hate crime, beating someone because they're homosexual/lesbian does.

hate crime legislation took years to pass and will require years of defending and defining. slapping the term hate crime on any case will just weaken the impact when the additional sentencing * the whole point of the hate crime bill* is needed for public safety.

James Byrd/Brandon McClelland = Hate Crime. *epic bad brain moments, sorry*
    Matthew Sheppard/Deborah Forte = Hate Crime.
    Bombing Churches, GBLTI Community Centers = Hate Crime

calling someone names/verbal abuse = douche bag crime. the Douche Bag Bill is still hung up in congress.

#15 MickeyLee, Sep 17, 2009
  16. D_Andreas Sukov

ok i finally get this. cracker barrel is the name of the place. i was thinking that she called him a cracker or something. i dont know. still dont get how it can be a hate crime though. anything said was probably said in the heat of the moment to use maximum effect. i cant see it as overly racist.

17. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

you know, it's damn amazing people don't know this shit is so ridiculous it's astounding. Who beats up people in a cracker barrel then spews racial epithets reflexively?

#17 MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK, Sep 17, 2009
  18. MickeyLee

Gold Member

Cracker Barrel lives up to it's name. ya turn one over and inbred white people would pour out. :rolleyes:

i don't doubt he was racist or a walking poster boy for postpartum abortion... since i wasn't there and lack court documents, i can't say the assault wasn't anything other than brutal fuckheadery.

i remain twitchy with over use of hate crime legislation.

19. Principessa

Gold Member

Agreed!

http://www.lpsg.org/2335673-post6.html

http://www.lpsg.org/2335307-post1.html

http://www.lpsg.org/2330475-post37.html

You come off in these posts as not just anti-American but you clearly do not have a clue about the history of Racism in America.

I am not saying that racism doesn't exist anywhere but here; but our history is quite unique.

#19 Principessa, Sep 17, 2009
  20. D_Andreas Sukov

hmmm i did a paper on race and politics in america. it got an A. im not saying that i know everything about racism in america, im an 18 year old white english boy, i never lived it. however, with the recent election of a black presidant, in my opinion, proves that the US is not as racist as some people make out. i cant be too sure on a micro level. two posts you selected were written after this post, or within a very short gap between my post. they are not anti american, more my disenfrancment with the Afghanistan situation, and the fact i was unaware that there were many other soldiers there apart from US and Uk one. i defended my highlighting of american in the thread, although i can see why you would see that as anti american. My kanye west comment was just it was so stereotypical to blame the president, it reminds me of undercover brother with the "man" as the bad guy. he had no reason to blame bush and make aqusations. yes, there was around a week with no federal help, but as an american, you should understand that the relationships between departments in goverment overloop so many times that no one knew who's job it was to help. was it a state isssue or a federal issue? theres the debate. Kanye used a very old and tired, lets blame the rich white guy excuse. IMO, it was a highly emotive issue, and we all say stupid things at those times so this could be excused as one of those times. however, his taylor swift escapade, IMO, was a knock at white western america. hey, i think shes shit too, but lets not ruin her moment to make a silly dig at something we dont like or find stupid. NJ, i loved our little back and forth here, but im off for the evening to go meet up with some friends, ill be wearing my DC shoes, ill listen to my ipod on the way there, and i may drink some budweiser. god, i hate america.....

look forward to your reply.

Draft saved Draft deleted