Beautiful vs. Cute vs. Sexy

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by stamrod, Aug 19, 2007.

1. stamrod

stamrod New Member

Albums:
    After reading some comments in the 'choice in measurements' thread, it got me thinking about a conversation I had with some friends over a few drinks. We were talking an actress was in a recent movie, and I mentioned that I thought she was cute, but I wouldn't be jumping into bed with her. So that led to a long discussion about how men view women. Here's what I think we ended up with (since this came from the minds of three tipsy guys, hopefully it makes some sense):

Beautiful: Aesthetic beauty, someone with exquisite looks, flawless features, high cheekbones, smooth skin, etc. Examples: Nicole Kidman, Gisele Bundchen, Tyra Banks, Zhang ZiYi

Cute: Usually a younger woman with some inncence to her. Could be small in stature, have a lot of energy, or a bubbly/silly/fun personality. Alot of factors contribute to this category, and it's hard to pin down the exact combination sometimes. Examples: Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway, Mandy Moore, Jennier Aniston.

Sexy/Hot: These are the women that men just want to jump into bed with. Whose bodies leave men staring and drooling. Examples: Angelina Jolie, Beyonce, Jessica Biel, Salma Hayek, Scarlett Johansson.

Now, these categories aren't all mutually exclusive and of course different men would put women in different categories. However, we found that it seems harder be in both the cute and beautiful categories. The beautiful/sexy or cute/sexy seem more common. Beautiful/cute is uncommon and excelling in all three is rare. We found "pretty" to be too general of a term and a guy using that word could mean any of the above three aspects.

I think the three categories might also reflect different aspects of a man's psyche. Beautiful -> aesthetics, Cute -> protectiveness/paternal instincts, Sexy/Hot -> carnal lust.

Comments, Questions welcome.

Are there similar categories/points of view that women have for men?

2. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Id say you have it summed up very well.

Except id consider beautiful someone with good curves (breasts, butt, hips) rather then athletic.

Also im sure it is just my view but i tend to see cute as small vaunerable, women who are so shy and demure they need help and someone to rely on.

Sexy women, they do nothing for me. I find they seem very cold and selfish and would have no problem stepping on people to get where they want to go

3. love2showoff

love2showoff New Member

Albums:
    You know everyonce in a while there is a post that has the potential to be great fodder for human thought. I think you have orchestrated this very well it will be fun to follow and see where this goes. I am interested to see what the women say in response about us.

4. viking1

Gold Member

Stamrod, I think you made good point. I agree with your observations.

5. B_capslock

B_capslock New Member

its different for everyone. A clinical and horny wat to see things:

Beautiful: Registering that someone is attractive, but not necessarily fuckable. The may not be fuckable because of age or because of decency... They also may have a really pretty face, but just an ordinary body i.e. no parts that stick out that make you want to grab them anf going boinkity-boink!

Cute: they are both attractive enough and fuckable because they are accessable. i.e. the receptionist at work is cute because she's not model beautifyl, she;s acailable becasue she;s single and she may need "it" because she just moved into town. Cute also applies to many of people's spouces who they "settle" on... i.e. they are attractive enough, but it was really the whole package as to why you married them, i.e. they are responsible, loving, good job, etc. usually, their physical attractiveness comes from how well kept they are, not necesssarily that theya re attractive, period.

Sexy has a closer tie to fuckability than either of the other two. Its usually because of some physical attribute (plumper-dimple Ta Tas and or Bubblelicious Butt), but sometimes its just how a cute and/or beautiful person caries themselves. Brandi belle is a bood example of someone who is cute that becomes sexy because she's, well, a slut. but sexy usually means that they are both beautiful (for some genetical reason, i.e. they can still look good waking up in the nmorning) as well as cute (good mainenance of appearances, good dresser) along with some display of a prominent sex organ like a ta-ta or an ass. Something that would make you want to fuck them right there!!

Madeline stow is cute because of her regal good looks and how she carries herself. Jennifer Love Hewitt is sexy because of that thin frame and those bigg bazzongas that you just want to mash around all day.. when you see her you just get this need to poke, poke and poke!!! Meryl Streep is beuatiful because of her bne structure, her accomplishments as a woman and actress, but you wouldn;t really want to fuck her on grounds that you own mom may have a better body.

6. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok, so everything anyone needs to know about cute, beautiful and sexy has now been officially recorded for posteriors and posterity!

BUT, I have to ask... what is the difference between "hot" and "sexy", or is there no difference?

7. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Here is how I view guys...

Beautiful - (Yes, I do refer to guys as beautiful... some guys hate it, but it's at the top of my list as far as overall attractiveness is concerned.) To me, a beautiful man is physically attractive overall, but it's also in his personality. Someone who is kind, caring, and generous. Someone who shares his emotions and allows himself to be vulnerable, but still has a very masculine side to him. That is a beautiful man.

Cute - Usually when I refer to a guy as being cute, I'm generally just referring to his face, and no other phsyical features. Sometimes I say it in relation to personality. When guys say silly/stupid things that make me laugh, I think it's cute. :smile:

Sexy - Sexy and beautiful sometimes go hand in hand with me. A sexy man is very attractive physically, and he's got this brute masculinity about him that you just can't ignore. Generally when I say a guy is sexy, it's because I'm entranced by his appearance and aura, and I just want to jump into bed and have hot, passionate sex with him. :biggrin:

8. lemont77

lemont77 Member

Albums:
    Meh...the only people who fail to fall into at least one category are those who are ugly in spirit. A good soul can be the most beautiful, cute and sexy thing in the world, all at once.

Breasts, at that point, are just a wonderful bonus! :biggrin1:

9. lemont77

lemont77 Member

Albums:
    oops...double post

10. stamrod

stamrod New Member

Albums:
    I don't think there's much of a difference. Sometimes "hot" means very "sexy", but I think the context and tone is what conveys the level. To me there's no difference, but other guys might have differing opinions though.

11. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

I can put on sexy, just like putting on shoes. I have been described as beautiful on occassion but more often said to be 'pretty' where does that fit? As for being cute, those who really get to know me inevitably always say ... you are so cute. That probably has to do with me being such a nut, once I am comfortable with someone. For me laughter is a necessity day in and day out, so if I know you, love ya, I'm laughing with you.

12. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I like this attitude! :smile:

I am probably more in the "cute" category, although I'd prefer to be more "sexy". Oh well. Hey, I'd take "beautiful" too. But "cute" is fine, too. All 3 at once would be perfect!

13. B_capslock

B_capslock New Member

i think Hot is a synoynonynonynomyn for sexy. However, sexy may be more god given, while hot may be more wardrobe enhanced....

BTW, on what I posted before, a "cute" person's beauty will grow over time. I think thats a critical point to make, while a beuatiful may maintain its lable, as does sexy... but cute's appreciation definitley grows "fonder" with time. Cute can also easily inherit properties of "beautiful" when the light is just right, with a nice evening gown, a touch of eyeliner as well as when she's pregnant. Cute can also inherit properties of sexy the said cute individual whispering something dirty in one's ear, displaying a certtain sexual confidence as well as when she can often "loose herself" when near an orgasm... or it can be as simple as after a few weeks at the gym, "Cutie" gets rid of her usual baggy pants or sweats and suddenly gets a low cut hip huggger jeans.. Wow....

You know what.. while I was web surfing... with both hands.. honestly... I found this site on mail order brides... they show a varaiety of women off the street which I thought would be a great visual aid for understanding not just the definitions, but the interchangeability of the above termonology:

here's a perfect example of cute:
    http://www.russianwomen.nl/page/irina_101840.htm

Nothing glamourous at first... most itdiot dudes would call her average. But you spend time with her, note her passions for music and interest, and suddenly she becomes beautiful to you.. and with an evening dress and a little make-up... amazing..

Nw this is sexy:
    http://www.russianwomen.nl/page/svetlana_101843.htm
    faceis pelasing tomany, some insensitive dick head dudes will say that she has a big nose. Fuck em. If you scroll down, you will sse some nice curves on thsi woman that immediately place her on a fuckabilility list in terms of desire. yeah, she likes ats and cinema.. that nice.. but man look at that rack!!! And that thin waist tht makes her ass curve out without having a huge ass!!!

now here's beautiful...
    http://www.russianwomen.nl/page/anna_102308.htm
    her eyes, lips, nose.. all form this beautiful structure of perfection. Her eyes are just stunning. If you scroll down, you would see a picture that would have downgraded most other women to cute, but she;s still beautiful for those God Given assets like her eyes and face and mouth... You can see why beautiful women are ususally models, not sexy women...

here's some "hybrids":

here's a more subtle sexy example..
    http://www.russianwomen.nl/page/tanya_102491.htm
    some would say, "hey capslocks, you think fatties are sexy, you fat fuck!", I would say eat shit 'casue she ain't fat, first of all. Second, look at those eyes.. I mean.. there's a look that says that she's a predator posing as a house pet. I can see in a candlelight dinner looking into those eyes, especially with a little wine in them! :tongue:, man this women can get your engine running pretty fast!!! She can easily be made beautiful, and her personality would cement the cute catagory, too.

Here's also a more sublte beautiful
    http://www.russianwomen.nl/page/olga_102460.htm
    Thge structue of her face is gorgeous, and it holds up to candid photography if you scroll down. perhaps one of the better tests for beautiful... A gril like this can be downgraded to "bitch" should she be aware of her beauty to the point where she makes everyone;s life miserable!!! :biggrin1:

here's a good example of cute,c aughtin a beautiful pose..
    http://www.russianwomen.nl/page/natalie_102499.htm
    elgant and presentable... she can quickly be upgraded to beautiful. I can see this woman, shoudl she be even tempered, being someone's soulmate. What doesn't qualify her as beautiful is the proff at the bottom where candids can be less flattering, i.e,. not like a model. she's not even close to ufly or anything.. far from it.. just a scientific observation. She can quickly be Sexy as well being a cutie that has captured your heart, who suddenlly squeeze your crotch while kissing you while you were having a particualry stressful day.

Another cutie caught in a state of beautiful..
    http://www.russianwomen.nl/page/natalia_101341.htm
    normally withher hair in a pony-tail, schlepping the kids around, this cutie can clean uop pretty well to where she not only looks beautiful in yoru eyes but to others as well..

You realize, that this is just one person's opinion, and that I;m full of shit, and that these women are all beautiful in a way where their looks would never derail their dating opportunities. I just thought it might help illustrate different shades of beauty...

backto yoru reagulary scheduled fluffer flobbing!

14. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    So, capslock, are you going to invite us to the wedding? (Quite a little harem you're putting together, eh?)

Thanks for the clarifications... but what exactly is flobber flabergasting?!
    :biggrin1:

15. viking1

Gold Member

Doggone it, capslock, now you got me wanting to visit Russia...

16. Kevbo

Kevbo Member

The women I find myself falling for tend to have some imperfection, like a slight under- or overbite, acne issues, slightly crooked teeth, or similar. Perfection is appreciated but kind of boring. A lot of women I've met seem to cite Jane Seymour as who they wished they look like... yawn. Very pretty, but like a china doll you put on a shelf and look at occasionally.

That said, a beautiful woman with an animated personality is dangerous. I would've been all over Kate Winslet in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", for instance.

Cuteness is a function of interesting looks "informed by" an intriguing personality. Sex should be fun, so a fun-loving person can be very attractive. Cute can definitely be sexy.

"Hot", to me, suggests a woman who, uh, knows. There's a look in her eyes that says "You see this beautiful body I have? I know exactly how to use it. And it's been too long since I have."

I've met attractive women of all shapes and sizes, but if you pin me down and force me to confess what I like, all other things being equal, I will say that a thin waist blossoming into a curvy cheerleader bubble butt and round hips just does me in. I will follow that woman for miles, especially if she has that "lemniscate" (infinity-sign) swish to her butt cheeks as she moves. (Some of the guys here will probably know what I mean.) I also love boobs that are slightly bigger than average, and I absolutely adore large areolas but that is typically not something you see first off :->.

Ladies, I will note that what matters most, from a visual perspective for me, is "contrast". You don't have to have the biggest boobs in the world -- if you have a relatively flat stomach and the boobs stand out in comparison, you've succeeded. Same thing with waist to hips. Smooth geometric curves. (It is not my intention to give anyone body issues, BTW, I'm just talking about ideals.)

Kevin

P.S. One final thing -- though I've noted all the usual Hollywood and Maxim hotties through my 40 years of life, the hottest, most attractive girl I've ever seen in my life graduated a year ahead of me in high school.

17. WildHoney

Gold Member

That was a really cool post Kevbo.

I get called sexy often, I think that is because I like sex so much and talk about it more often than some.

At 5'10 it is hard to be cute, and I am a little too brash and ballsy to be cute anyway. I am not beautiful without good lighting :p and only "hot" when I feel great and am in that kind of mood.

I will be back to do the guy part of the question later.

x

Honey

18. espreggels

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Agreed, although the way I view it, "sexy" is slightly more attitudinal and "hot" is more looks-based. But it's splitting hairs, really. Mostly, I think "hot" is useful when you want to convey that you are sexually attracted to someone but don't want to get so dramatic as to say "sexy," which could make people look at you strangely depending on the context. Same way with "pretty" and "beautiful" -- they mean basically the same thing, but "pretty" makes you sound not so intense about it.

Somewhat of a tangent: How would you all prefer to be described -- cute, sexy, hot, beautiful, handsome, and so forth? (Assuming you can't say "All of the above.") Personally, I'd like girls to think of me as sexy first and foremost, because... well, that means they'd like to have sex with me. Pretty straightforward.

19. WildHoney

Gold Member

Smart, funny, kind.

Seriously - They mean WAY more to me than anything else. A guy who notices that I have a mind and wit will earn my affections easily.

xx

Honey

20. espreggels

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well, sure. We all want to be recognized for our inner attributes and all that, but I meant the question to apply to the terms of attractiveness we've been discussion in the thread. Sorry, I should have been more clear.

(Also, let the record show that I notice the existence of your mind and wit.)

Draft saved Draft deleted