Beautiful women intimidate me.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm puzzled why you seem to assume men only approach women with the intention of having sex.
I don't. just making a comment after reading one of the prior posts...not sure which one, but it's somewhere in this thread. That's all.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
36DD and i would like to add, if you dont have any front teeth, might not want to let the drool run right out of your mouth while we are talking to you.
I think you need to add Snoozan to that too...she appreciated your comment as well!:biggrin1:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I say... be the part that is "you"... nothing to worry about. "Beautiful" women vs. "average" women vs "not-so-attractive" women... are all somewhat into personality/spirit... and those that are not, the 5 to 10% amongst within each category.. there's nothing you can do about it... and if you don't have 'it'... looks that is... you have nothing to lose (that means don't be a prick, just be casual and normal, and let your thoughts, opinions [keep it light at first], and emotions [again, easy at first baby] come out.... just because a woman or man is very attractive doesn't mean they don't want to converse/share/relate to anybody/everybody... so long as it's normal. and i use normal strongly.

Unless you are thinking to score... which then... you need to know your time/place... and if "beautiful" women aren't accepting to you... ummm, maybe you ... well... standards in check?

and then some...

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I used to be intimidated by beautiful women, until I realized that they're just as prone to being insecure, doing stupid things, and generally being unpleasant as anyone else is.

I think "intimidation" here is actually code for "think they are better than me". Which I got over. I now think I'm better than everyone else. It's possible that this is neither true nor especially healthy; however, it is a lot healthier than an inferiority complex.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to admit, the time was PMing with you on the chat, i was very intimidated. Not like you came off as trying to be intimidating, maybe my own insecurities coming out. Like i've said before, guys who look like you normally dont pay attention to women who look like me. Atleast not that i've noticed, they might just hide their glances a bit better than most.
I was intimidated talking with you. You were writing more and faster than me. I feel like I'm not good verbally. It takes me a long time to put my thoughts to words. Maybe that contributes to my shyness.

And it really confuses me when girls (a few have said it) say guys that look like me usually wouldn't want to talk to them. Who should I be talking with? No one ever tells me. :confused:

I think it does come down to what you think the other person is thinking. I guess we build up in our minds that someone wouldn't want to talk to us. I always think that women get hit on so much that I think why would they want another guy (me) to come up to them and start a conversation. Also, I think they are defensive, like what does this guy want talking to me, like I'm just after sex or something. Maybe they are just nervous, I don't know. Women confuse me. :confused: :redface:

B_blackkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm intimidated by people whom I find beautiful. That's rare however thus I am not intimidated by many people. Having a nice body does not constitute beauty in my eyes; a lack of wisdom, intelligence, and grace simply suggest that all you are is a pretty flesh-puppet.

I'm not one to fear Chucky.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was intimidated talking with you. You were writing more and faster than me. I feel like I'm not good verbally. It takes me a long time to put my thoughts to words. Maybe that contributes to my shyness.

And it really confuses me when girls (a few have said it) say guys that look like me usually wouldn't want to talk to them. Who should I be talking with? No one ever tells me. :confused:

I think it does come down to what you think the other person is thinking. I guess we build up in our minds that someone wouldn't want to talk to us. I always think that women get hit on so much that I think why would they want another guy (me) to come up to them and start a conversation. Also, I think they are defensive, like what does this guy want talking to me, like I'm just after sex or something. Maybe they are just nervous, I don't know. Women confuse me. :confused: :redface:
you should talk to whoever you feel like talking to...whoever is responsive to you, and let the other garbage in your brain show itself for what it is.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No the only guy.

The very attractive women I've observed in my years tend to have throngs of guys vying for their attention. Usually, although not always, those very beautiful women grow accustomed to having their pick of handsome, wealthy, talented, strong, confident guys who can give them alot. I usually pale in comparison with that crowd, so, yah, I tend to feel second rate.

Exactly how I feel. I'm way out of that league...

:biggrin1:

I made a choice to be confident a long time ago when I was in my teens. It isn't something I was born with. It initially took sheer force of willpower. Now, it comes naturally.

Work on that. Good luck.

After being this way for most of my life, I doubt I change it now.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Speedoguy, I was referring to post # 69 (figures!)in regard to men looking at it as a potential hook-up. Hope that clarifies it for you.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am far too appreciative looking at a good looking man to be intimidated by him...wish it was the same for men, it's sad really, because we are just like you. Maybe you men who get intimidated should approach a beautiful women with the thought of just being a friend instead of indulging in fantasies of having sex with her, after all, any relationship worth having has its base in friendship.
True, but women would never believe that I (or other men) would just want to be friends with them. Makes it difficult to become friends sometimes unless you are around each other working or something.
I used to be intimidated by beautiful women, until I realized that they're just as prone to being insecure, doing stupid things, and generally being unpleasant as anyone else is.
Even if I realize that mentally I still get intimidated at first. Once I know that a girl does stupid things and is unpleasant, then I don't want to talk to her anymore. :rolleyes:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am very intimidated talking to beautiful women that I don't know. I'm tall and in good shape but still get intimidated. The main problems for me are initially talking to women and then taking it to the more serious dating/sexual level.

I wondered if women are intimidated talking to me, as silly as that seems to me. I'd hate to think I don't meet many women because I'm too shy to talk to them and they are too shy to talk to me.

If I had your "assets" I'd be Don Juan. Yeah, I'm jealous...

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A beautiful woman is just a woman, the ones
with unpleasant personalities would be nasty pieces of work even if they had a face like a bag of spanners.

Do you not think their attitude changes once they know they are beautiful?

I have to say that, both men and women who at first seem beautiful but who have a horrible personality soon become ugly to me.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've found the reverse, I've always been considered very pretty at the least, often beautiful, so people have always been nice to me - as they're nice to me there's seldom any need for me to be gratuitously bitchy.

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've found the reverse, I've always been considered very pretty at the least, often beautiful, so people have always been nice to me - as they're nice to me there's seldom any need for me to be gratuitously bitchy.

You are one of the good ones though! True beauty. :wink:

B_blackkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

The Psychology behind that is people are generally nicer to more beautiful people; the converse is that people are generally nice to those who are kind to them in return. The conceit thing is simply taking for granted some attribute.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I had your "assets" I'd be Don Juan. Yeah, I'm jealous...
Thanks...but I suspect that you'd still be in the same position. It's a mental thing more than a physical thing. People have told you that you are great and women would want to be with you, but you still don't believe it.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just have to laugh a bit. The people who are pretty, particularly women, do receive preferential treatment in this life, whether they know it or not. All kinds of studies have shown that pretty people have innate advantages.

Its so patronizing to hear the beautiful people breezily claim that all the not-so-beautiful need to do to is be themselves and develope some confidence.

It ain't that simple, folks.