Because of my considerable edumacation I thought I would explain the difference betwe

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by BUSTERHYMAN, Mar 14, 2011.

1. BUSTERHYMAN

Gold Member

lol a great combo , geology lesson and visual aids.

Because of my considerable edumacation I thought I would explain the difference between the two types of earth quakes............

[FONT=times new roman]
    [INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]

[B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana][B]Recently, [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana][B]California[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana][B] had a series of smalll earthquakes. [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=red]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#7b0099]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][B]Some were thought to be [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana][B]oscillatory[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][B], while others were believed to be [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana][B]trepidatory[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][B]. [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][B]It occurred to me that most people might be confused about this,[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][B]so I thought it wise to let everyone know the difference. [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]

[CENTER][/CENTER][/COLOR][CENTER][/center][/FONT][CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=7][COLOR=#00097f][COLOR=#00097f][FONT=Verdana][B]What's the difference between an oscillatory and a trepidatory earthquake?[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER][B][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000b98]
    [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]
    [CENTER][/CENTER][/COLOR][CENTER][/center][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=6][COLOR=#00097f][COLOR=#00097f][FONT=Verdana]1. This calculation is just for engineers:[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#00097f][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#00097f]

[CENTER][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][URL="http://us.mg3.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f6402105%5fAFrFtEQAAAi2TX2OgANEiQurLNk&pid=2.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1"]mid=1%5f6402105%5fAFrFtEQAAAi2TX2OgANEiQurLNk&pid=2.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1[/URL][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][/CENTER][/COLOR][CENTER][/center][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=6][COLOR=#00097f][COLOR=#00097f][FONT=Verdana]2. And this one is for laymen -- like you:[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]

[CENTER][/CENTER][/COLOR][CENTER][/center][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]This is a trepidatory earthquake -- an up and down movement.....[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][URL]http://us.mg3.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f6402105%5fAFrFtEQAAAi2TX2OgANEiQurLNk&pid=2.3&fid=Inbox&inline=1[/URL][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][/CENTER][/COLOR][CENTER][/center][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]This is an oscillatory earthquake -- a side to side movement...[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][URL]http://us.mg3.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f6402105%5fAFrFtEQAAAi2TX2OgANEiQurLNk&pid=2.4&fid=Inbox&inline=1[/URL][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][/CENTER][/COLOR][CENTER][/center][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]And this is a combination of both trepidatory and oscillatory:[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]

[CENTER][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][URL]http://us.mg3.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f6402105%5fAFrFtEQAAAi2TX2OgANEiQurLNk&pid=2.5&fid=Inbox&inline=1[/URL][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER][/COLOR][CENTER][/center][/FONT][CENTER][/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Isn't science beautiful when properly explained???!!!![/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=5][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Fascinating when you know ![/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=black]
    [SIZE=5][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]You're Welcome! (Six years of high school came in handy)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

[/INDENT][/INDENT]

[/INDENT][/FONT]

Draft saved Draft deleted