Beer drinkers!

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So here's another predicament :biggrin1:

Sticky handles and knobs! :tongue:

It's been pretty busy in the pub this weekend which has meant I've had help behind the bar. This has been quite fun except I've noticed that the handles that I have to pull to get the beer out (and head, obviously) have become very sticky.

I appreciate the best time to deal with these is at the end of the night, once I've finished serving, which is what I usually do. But I'm finding that I can't wait that long and need to give them a rub down mid-way through the service.

Technique wise, I'm fine. I get a clean, damp cloth and start with the knob and work my way down the shaft of the handle, gently massaging it up and down to remove all the stickiness.

My problem really, I s'pose, is a privacy issue. I've noticed people staring! :eek:
I've also noticed people sniggering and giggling at my actions.

Don't they realise it's an important part of my job. I mean, how would they like it if they had to pull on a sticky handle all night!??! :cool:

I've tried all sorts of subtle ways to give them a rub down but it's really quite difficult. They stand so tall and erect they are in full view of everyone.

I even tried pulling them first so that they were at an angle towards me, but then they just looked as if they were stuck in my cleavage and pointing at my face!!! I also got my feet wet cos I'd forgotten to put something down to catch the beer! :rolleyes:

I've considered some kind of lubrication, that might at least help me get through the sticky bits and stop my hand getting stuck to the shaft, but I'm a little anxious that I might lose my grasp on the handle altogether and hurt someone! :cool:

:wink:

Damn, Kate! I came just reading this!!!

When the hell are you coming back to NY? I think it would be better to show you in person how much head is appropriate...

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Damn, Kate! I came just reading this!!!

When the hell are you coming back to NY? I think it would be better to show you in person how much head is appropriate...

Oh! We could go back to that lovely pub you took me to and see how they handle sticky handles!!! :lmao:

I'll be there by mid October my dear! :biggrin1:

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
K8 I think it may be a case of prevention being better than cure, I know I can pull my pump all night without it getting sticky at all, maybe you are pulling too quick and getting a splash back, maybe you could slow down your pulling. Or possibly you are trying to gve too much head and this is what is making thing get a little sticky. Or maybe you have a colleague with poor hygiene who needs to wash ther hands when they are pulling. Either way I think you need to stop things getting sticky...maybe you could put a cover on the pump?

numberseven

Just Browsing
Media

[cut]

Technique wise, I'm fine. I get a clean, damp cloth and start with the knob and work my way down the shaft of the handle, gently massaging it up and down to remove all the stickiness.

My problem really, I s'pose, is a privacy issue. I've noticed people staring! :eek:

Don't they realise it's an important part of my job. I mean, how would they like it if they had to pull on a sticky handle all night!??! :cool:

[cut]

And the award for most hilarious bartending innuendo goes to... :tongue:

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Call them what ever, we really know what being discussed here.

I appreciate the best time to deal with these is at the end of the night, once I've finished serving, which is what I usually do. But I'm finding that I can't wait that long and need to give them a rub down mid-way through the service.
Well I'm sure a nice rub down after way through helps keeps things, well lets say interesting to say the least.

Your technique sounds fine but, I would think that this alone would lead to more stickiness stuff cuming out.

People do trend to like to watch others, why I am unsure but I wouldn't let it bother me.

People react so silly Kate just ignore their actions you are doing what you being paid for.

You would think that they would understand that, really.

I've tried all sorts of subtle ways to give them a rub down but it's really quite difficult. They stand so tall and erect they are in full view of everyone.
They are proud if they are standing tall in public, so why be subtle, just do your job, and go on.

I even tried pulling them first so that they were at an angle towards me, but then they just looked as if they were stuck in my cleavage and pointing at my face!!! I also got my feet wet cos I'd forgotten to put something down to catch the beer! :rolleyes:
Some times a slight change in angle makes it easier to hit just the right spot, but it is often desirable to hit the face and or the cleavage. And I have even hear that some even like it on the feet, I kid you not.

I've considered some kind of lubrication, that might at least help me get through the sticky bits and stop my hand getting stuck to the shaft, but I'm a little anxious that I might lose my grasp on the handle altogether and hurt someone! :cool:
Well lube would help over the Sticky bits and I am sure it wont take you long to re-just yourself to it so that your hands wont be slipping of the shafts.

:rolleyes:

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Camper joe! :lmao:

numberseven and X704... :wink: :kiss:

I'm not sure I make the best barmaid.
Who's idea was it to hang bottles upside down and stick them on the wall?!?!

I had a slight fracas with a 'mounted' bottle of Famous Grouse whiskey last week and ended up with the twins being drenched in the damned stuff!!! :rofl:

Talk about 'wet t-shirt competition'! :rolleyes:

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hahahaha OMG!!!

I have nothing at all to contribute with this thread and your questions K8, sorry But I just laughed sooooooooo hard through all of it, So f*cking hilarious!!!

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you Cockoloco :biggrin1:

Well Catchoftheday, to any whiskey drinker it could have been rather tasty I 'spose.
Or maybe only the str8 whiskey drinkers who like big boobs! :lmao:

Me, I haven't touched the stuff since my scottish friends wedding :rolleyes: and had to go round with the twins smelling like a brewery! :eek:

Tonight I gave every gentleman head and no-one complained! :smile:

D_ohdarnit

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Well Catchoftheday, to any whiskey drinker it could have been rather tasty I 'spose.

Me, I haven't touched the stuff since my scottish friends wedding :rolleyes: and had to go round with the twins smelling like a brewery! :eek:

:eek: ohhhhhhhhhhhh i want some! lol :biggrin1:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

It's been pretty busy in the pub this weekend which has meant I've had help behind the bar. This has been quite fun except I've noticed that the handles that I have to pull to get the beer out (and head, obviously) have become very sticky.

You could wipe the tap handles with a towel moistened with lemon juice and vinegar on occasion. Wash your hands on occasion. Handwashing and cleaning around the keg stations and server countertops are good beertender habits.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think that Kiefer Sutherland can give you assistance with any of your beer and your head problems, okay? :smile:

Mmm that'd be nice.... but the bugger doesn't like beer! :lmao:

It seems K8 is busy but I have some free time.:wink:

:eek: You told me to go to bed!!!! :rolleyes:

You could wipe the tap handles with a towel moistened with lemon juice and vinegar on occasion. Wash your hands on occasion. Handwashing and cleaning around the keg stations and server countertops are good beertender habits.

You saying I'm a dirty girl?!!? :cool:

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

It gives a bit of a twist to the phrase one lump or two:eek:

:smile: The twins smelling like a brewery I can't imagine any man would find that in the slightest attractive:biggrin1:

Maybe you have finding the tits I mean tips useful:rolleyes: :cool: