BEER!!!

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OK this is totally non topically forum related.

But as much as you politicos on here bash each other over the head in the Politics Forum. I got to wondering...

Could you see yourself going out for a drink with any of "the opposition" on here? You know like great friends or at least aquaintances who hate each others' politics but still get along and jibe each other whenever you can?

No names, not meant to start a flame war. Hopefully you'll say at least one person is a human being who just happens to be completely wrong according to you, without naming any names. Just meant to gauge how strongly your hatred of the others' politics are, seperate from the person themself.

Hopefully your answer would be you could but like the semi-intellectual battles sprinkled with metaphorical bomb tossing :smile:

And if you really couldn't well then I think a nice :fu: :asshole: should be coming your way :smile:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As long as politics are left outside the bar, I'd have no problem with it. I have plenty of friends who have extremely different political views, yet we realize politics isn't everything and we actually have more in common than we do differences

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yeah, no problem. I drink beer with lots of stupid people and enjoy their company.

nitzaski

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
But the punters can - tbh its great with a bunch of mates in a bar talking politics, religion, lifestyle etc...

and the end of the night we're talking about sex again :biggrin1:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a great deal of personal affection for Flashy... I'd drink with him no problem. Star Investor and Faceking are serious conservatives but are GREAT people... I'd drink anything with them as well. Peaceful Cancer seems pretty damn chill too. 1Bigg1 I am sure has a heart... although we see very little of it here, so I'd like to drink with him to get to know him.

I like conservatives... we just have different ways of viewing the world. My childhood best friend is a conservative, my entire family is conservative except for my Mom and Dad... even my step parents are conservative.

I don't live in a blue state... I have to deal with conservatives, so it has made me much more sympathetic to their views.

I would however much rather smoke some weed with them though... seems a much better way of getting to know people without the degradation of the central nervous system.

I could definitely see myself going for a beer with someone I don't agree with.

I think that I am gonna start disagreeing with you. :smile:

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I enjoy debating things with people I don't agree with. It's much more interesting than talking with someone who feels the same as you. You don't learn anything by only talking with like-minded people.

I'm very disappointed that this thread wasn't about beer though.
:rolleyes:

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I could handle going out for a beer or two, although I don't drink but I'm always up for stimulating conversation with those who share and disagree with my point of view. :beerchug2:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Soooo, that's it? Just a handful of people? Wartrac and Curious n straight are genuine people and I respect their views even though I oppose them... I mean, there is always the chance that my view is wrong... nobody is infallible.

Since there's always that chance that I could be wrong, I generally accept conservative's points of views... I bitch and moan and groan, but I am ultimately liberal when it comes to different views and philosophies.

Anyone else?

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
<----------------fires up the guitar and sings

Titties 'n' beer...........
Titties 'n' beer...........
Thank God I'm in here.........
'cause Daddy likes titties 'n' beer!!

:biggrin1: