Before all the BS...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

throb919: Last week before all the BS (uh--that's breakaway schism), Footlongteen had asked a legitimate question about how the "Fictitious Stories" section would be moderated. I had intended to post this then and feel even more strongly about it now:

Footlong--From everything I know about Monstro, we're in very good hands with him moderating this section. He is much more likely to be hands-off than heavy-handed. While the big blond boy may be imposing in...y'know...certain areas, one of those will not be in imposing his views on others. He'll guide the section with an even hand, and when a firm hand is called for, he'll be eminently fair. (At most, we may all learn to write a little better by his example.)

Then all the BS happened. The real shame (Monstro would think it overdramatic to say "tragedy") in all this is that it happened on Monstro's watch--and he'd only been a moderator for (what?) 10 minutes or so. (Hyperbole, y'all--put down the stopwatches.) And now he's (unfairly) feeling somewhat responsible for what happened and that he "can do nothing right."

Would that we could all be as thoughtfully, caringly, and compassionately "wrong" as Monstro.

Tony

[No, this isn't a fictitional story and it may be moved to "Etcetera" or wherever the fires are still burning. Or--I could work in something about a Great Dane just for the hell of it...!]

2. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Luckily, I think Peter realises that he is not the reason Tosca flung herself of the cathedral (The most melodramatic opera example I could think of!). A lot of us stand behind our favourite Monstro because he did what he felt was best. We applaud his effort.

Before the BS there was a site called LPSG that offered a lot of useful information, advice and camaraderie. Then came controvery involving posts of pedophilia, bestiality, rape and incest. I'm still not sure how these topics are viewed as furthering the purpose of the site ... I'm really not ... but you know what? After the smoke clears, the aforementioned positive points of LPSG are still intact. In spite of content that we may find objectionable, there are still the worthwhile contributions to LPSG that led most of us here in the first place. Let's not lose sight of the merits of our 'home'.

3. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: All I really have to say is, Thank you.

Throb and DMW you both have just illustrated one of several reasons why I've stuck around here both before and after all the b.s. And I'm glad you guys and many others are here.

But I could go for a little less Tosca and a little more opera bouffe right about now. ;)

4. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: I agree with what was said above

Keep on as you have, Monstro.

SG

5. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Hear hear Tony!

Monstro - just remember that "on your watch" does not mean "all your fault"...you did what you felt was right. You are a man of high principles....and erudite enough to know good writing from bad, I might add.

7x6&C

6. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: i just want to ditto all thats been said here

a thousand times...especially for Monstro...

:-*
    Tender

7. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: He isn't totally at fault by any means. I contributed to the drama as well. Hell, for a bit I was turning into quite the dictator! :D It pissed Mark off and further led to the turmoil that ensued.

My apologies for that.

8. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: Speedo, Tender, Paul, Gigz, thank you all.  I really appreciate your taking time to post here.

But I'm starting to feel like I'm at my own wake. . .  :D
    and I ain't dead yet!

Let's all just move on and start focusing on the important stuff.   ;)

I'm lucky to have all of you as friends, though.  

Thanks again,

Peter

9. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: *WAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic*

I REMEMBER TOSCA!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted