LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Before and after surgery, I can understand because that result would be rapid.....but the other methods take years to show improvement and at what point does one consider the effort complete? Perhaps a series of pictures over several years would be more appropriate .

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
ive never felt the need to take before and after pics.ive been pumping since the 90's for my own benefit.dont have to prove anything to anyone,after all...if pe didnt work,we wouldnt be here!right??

darkone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wish I took a before picture with a ruler. But I didn't have digital camera's back then :) or least affordable ones. I thought about starting again for about 6 months too see the progress and chart it with pictures. So maybe I will post something... we'll see.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ive never felt the need to take before and after pics.ive been pumping since the 90's for my own benefit.dont have to prove anything to anyone,after all...if pe didnt work,we wouldnt be here!right??

I don't know if pe works or not. I hasn't been proven to my satisfaction, but neither have many other commonly accepted ideas. I really don't know.

Pictures don't proven anything anyway. Pictures can be faked or exaggerated in so many ways. Just look at the galleries here and you'll see plenty of that. Only some people are honest with their pictures. Whether pe is involved or not.

As far as "if pe didn't work we wouldn't be here," I don't agree at all.
There are more books, tv shows, and websites dealing with myths that people believe than there are about real world facts. That proves nothing.

Again, I'm not downing pe, or dismissing it as bull. I don't have enough info
yet. The argument "can so many be wrong" is very flawed. Just look at all the crazy religions in the world. It's all in what we have be taught to believe over the years. What you, or I, believe doesn't make it fact.

darkone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wanted to startup PE again fulltime (hopefully) I will post my diary with hopefully pics if my wife allows me. Probably on my website or something not sure yet and what my routine should be.

Lampwick

Experimental Member
Media
I don't know if pe works or not. I hasn't been proven to my satisfaction, but neither have many other commonly accepted ideas. I really don't know.

Again, I'm not downing pe, or dismissing it as bull. I don't have enough info
yet. The argument "can so many be wrong" is very flawed. Just look at all the crazy religions in the world. It's all in what we have be taught to believe over the years. What you, or I, believe doesn't make it fact.
Is your interest in whether PE works or not just out of abstract curiosity, or is this something that you would consider doing if it was proven to your satisfaction?

I will relate the reason I ask to my experience. For me, starting PE took a leap of faith. Men hear all their lives that your penis size is your penis size, and there is nothing you can do about it other than accept it. Penis enlargement pill e-mail spam is widely loathed, and use of devices is something that is employed to comic effect (Austin Powers).

I happened upon Thunder's Place, and started reading. What helped me start PE is that at Thunder's, there was a huge volume of posts. Many men had gained, some had not. And Thunder's did not charge anything to join, and was not selling anything. I asked myself the question, "Could so many men spend so much time posting here without there being SOME grain of truth to it?"

And, of course, the answer to that is of course, they certainly could spend all that time posting without any grain of truth whatsoever. However, they also have a Newbie Routine there that seemed pretty innocuous. No pills, no devices; just an investment in time and effort for a limited duration.

So, I started PE, knowing that if it WAS going to work, I needed to give it a fair chance by following the routine as closely as I could.

And it worked for me. I gained.

So, if you are genuinely interested in PE as something that you might do yourself, I would suggest that you start by doing some reading at Thunder's Place. The forums have just re-opened for new member registration, so join so that you can get full access to the site. In that way, you may arrive at a place where you can give it a try with an open mind.

And if your interest in whether PE works or not is purely hypothetical, I think where you are now is just fine in thinking that "maybe it works; maybe it doesn't". There's no reason to spend a lot more time thinking about whether it works or not unless you are actually considering it for yourself, or unless you want to become a crusader against it, warning everyone who mentions it about the impossibility of it all.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lampwick, it's just out of curiosity. I have no intention of trying it or going on a crusade against it. I'm just very interested in physiology and psychology.

The question of whether pe works is just like these questions. Does size really matter? Are ufos really space craft from another world?
Do supernatural powers really exist? I doubt I find the answer to any of this in my lifetime. At least not to my reasonable satisfaction...

Just one medical study has been done on PE. This was performed by Brian Richards, MD in 1975 and the results were published in the British Journal of Sexual Medicine.

In 1975, Dr Richards conducted a blind trial of 32 patients against an equal number of controls to assess the efficacy of the Chartham Method of penis enlargement. A success rate of 87.5% was recorded with increase in length between 2.4cms and 3.6cms, and in girth between 1.4cms and 3.1cms over a three month period. -Dash Publications

The study was not broad enough to be statistically significant and Richards himself was on the editorial panel of the journal which published the results. Despite this, the results were promising.

As this was the only study ever done, there has been no study disproving PE either.

Thunder's Place does have a gallery of before/after pictures to show results of those members who have bothered to photograph their progress. You may be surprised to know that not many people are interested in posting photos of their penises on the internet.

I'm not saying that everyone sees results, nor do I think that tens of thousands of men are all simultaneously delusional. What needs to be done is a serious peer-reviewed scientific study however all of that costs some major cash given the length of time the study would need to go on and the controls needed to get accurate results. Nobody, to anyone's knowledge, is willing to cough up the cash because there's no money to be made in it. All the information about how PE is done is out there on the internet, in many places. There's nothing to be copyrighted or patented that would justify the enormous cost of funding a study to back claims. Until Bill Gates or Donald Trump try PE and then fund the study themselves, we're going to be stuck in the netherworld of anecdotal evidence.

Anyone can say they believe or disbelieve that PE works. What the disbelievers do not have are any studies that says PE doesn't work. The believers do not have anything other than anecdotal evidence and a non-peer reviewed study that it does.

Lampwick

Experimental Member
Media
Lampwick, it's just out of curiosity. I have no intention of trying it or going on a crusade against it. I'm just very interested in physiology and psychology.

The question of whether pe works is just like these questions. Does size really matter? Are ufos really space craft from another world?
Do supernatural powers really exist? I doubt I find the answer to any of this in my lifetime. At least not to my reasonable satisfaction...
Nothing wrong with curiosity.

As to whether PE works, I can tell you that it did for least one person... :smile:

As for the original topic of before and after pictures, I really don't feel the need to prove it in that way to anyone else, especially as photos can so easily be faked, as someone else previously noted. The best proof for anyone is one's own results.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When I started my program, I was 18. I didn't have much money, and digital cams back in 1996 were expensive as all hell.

The only way to get a photo was to take it with your Kodak 110, and then pray to god the person at wallgreens developing the film wouldn't turn you over to the police.
Kids nowadays have it too easy.

Otherwise, if things were different, I would have had a before picture.

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know that PE works for me and continues to work for me; I don’t need to prove it with pictures. The reason I post here is partly because I like to brag about it, but mainly for the benefit of those who seek advice and want to experience PE. As for those with negative comments, who themselves can’t be arsed with the dedication it takes, yet hate the thought of somebody else benefiting where they won't and likewise those who claim their questioning stems only from an interest in the way the mind works, but nonetheless would be the first in the cue if longer dicks were being handed out; they can all go fuck each other.