Before the 70s at least...older guys, what was sex like back then?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by draw22, Jun 26, 2011.

1. draw22

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    to the older wise guys on LPSG, what was sex like way back in the days. 40s,50s,60:hump:s wise? gay sex..str8 sex? what was it like? was there dirty talk like today. whenevr i see little clips about sex it looks like someones grandparents are sitting in a drs office talking about sex:mad:, unless it was the bad actors? who knows? was missionary the only way to fuck? did guys back then jus bend over and take it with vaseline:eek:?

2. NY4Curious

NY4Curious New Member

As someone who was very sexually active in the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990, and in the twenty first century I have sex itself has changed very little in our urban cities. In the 1960s there were gay bars, baths, street cruising, tricking with people you met at social events, sporting events, political rallies, and at work. The sex act was almost performed in one of the partner's homes or in a very private outdoor spot. Sex in your car could be risky, especially in urban areas. I lived in both New York and Los Angeles.
    In cities the big difference has occured in professional and private behavior. Unless you worked in a "gay industry"--Interior Decorators, Gay Bars and Restaurants, Hair Salons The Performing Arts and affiliated vendors being Out was taboo, holding hands on the street could lead to trouble and public affection could lead to arrest. Neighbors were not told, neither were straight friends. Your homosexuality was simply not discussed. It was invisible.
    However in private with both LTR and one night stands (tricks) some began by necking, others began by groping. The strength of the sex drive (as today) coupled with imagination and education seemed to determine the length and variations the sex act held. I once met and guy on Saturday night, took him to my L.A. apartment and Monday Morning and sixteen ejaculations later he left. I also got blow jobs that last no longer than a moment or two. There were furtive acts of mutual masturbation and trying out every conceivable position of sexual intercourse. Some guys would top deviate from the missionary position, be they active or passive.
    I'm certain what I've written above (at least on the how did we fuck parts) would be true of same sex sexual encounters between cavemen and it would hold true for every generation that followed. Like eating our sex drives are ruled by our basic instinct and our perceived need to survive. It has been a ruling force in the human animal (and indeed from what every form of life we evolved from) since life appeared on earth.

3. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I'm not old enough to know about the 60s. My sexuality bloomed more in the mid 70s when my best friend in HS and I started fucking each other. The position was always doggy style for some reason - or more lying on our bellys with the other just fucking away. We didn't use condoms at all - even into the 80s. I loved having him cum deep inside me. Mid 80s however changed that. Barebacking became risky and I haven't BBed ever since but miss it.

4. DavidXL

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I didn't have sex until the 80s so I can't speak from personal experience (and while I have had tons of straight sex, my more limited experience with gay sex is mostly limited to mutual JO). I read a novel by Ethan Mordden called "How Long Has this Been Going On?" that follows gay life and gay sex from the late 40s until the early 90s. It is fiction, but felt pretty authentic and might give you a snapshot of what things were like. You could also check out Edmund White's fiction and non-fiction.

5. houtx48

Gold Member

Not really sure but I don't think there was sex before the 70's.

Draft saved Draft deleted