Being a teacher or professional, gay and sex-positive

majonathany

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi all,

This is my first post under this username, and it's nice to meet you all. I've been familiar with LPSG over a little less than a decade now, but I wanted to create a real account instead of just lurking under less serious usernames. I think this will help me feel more a part of the community.

What have some of your guys' experiences been as a professional but also being on this website or gay dating apps? I'm a 4th year high school teacher who's gay, but I no longer want to be anonymous or discreet - I am embracing a more sex positive attitude in my personal life at least, and as my username suggests, I am not afraid of being public with my personal life. This of course does not mean that I will talk about it in the workplace, but I don't want to hide the fact that I'm gay on the internet or on dating apps any longer. I can do that now especially since I'm out to my family, and my high school is very liberal with several teachers out of the closet.

I am also husband hunting - if you guys know of any potential husbands, let me know so I can hunt them down and capture them. LOL, just kidding. I am interested in romantic relationships with a guy, and exploring the dating scene more. This past year I lost a ton of weight and started weight lifting, and while I'm totally a body positive guy, I figure that's important on a small level for being successful in the dating scene with guys who are my type. I also have been trying to put down roots in Chicago. However, I haven't had much success in getting a relationship going because I feel that many guys my age don't really want a boyfriend or husband yet. Or, maybe they do and I just haven't been lucky. What are some strategies for being more successful in dating? I've never had a long term relationship, or even a short one.

I've also been trying to overcome some insecurities being a gay man - for example, things like I have a small penis, and I'm Asian, and I'm nerdy, and I have a difficult time with bottoming, etc. I am working on overcoming these insecurities so I can have a more flourishing sex life. In the past three months I think I've been successful because I'm having a lot more sex, about 10 partners, which is more than I've had in several years.

Anyway, nice to meet you all. Hope to stick around and get more romance and sex advice.

kingdong9

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey, welcome to the new 'coming out' you. First of all, don't panic. If you waken up in the morning and find that you are still breathing then go out there, enjoy the day, learn something new, have a laugh, and if something happens that you cannot do anything about then screw the problem up into a tight ball and throw it in the fuckit bucket (trash) and move on.

Well done on the weight loss and getting into training too. However, despite many guys out there being shallow and looking for the toned, 6 pack body, there are many others who look at the person as a whole. Trust me on this one, I am not body beautiful, but I am in great shape! ROUND is a shape, isn't it?

Be yourself, be natural, don't try and be something you are not, and you will attract the right guys for you. It may take time, but Rome was not built in a day.

Most of all, have fun and make the most of each day!

Good Luck!

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Great, keep working on your own happiness, well being and positive outlook on life, and make sure you you have fun and a sense of humour - that can be the most attractive quality a guy can have. As far as bottoming goes maybe consider a quality butt plug or comfortably sized dildo so you can stretch gently. You will develop a network of friends and contacts over time, good luck with all of that.

majonathany

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks everyone, I am looking forward to being a part of this community. I think that in terms of LGBT life, LPSG, despite its name symbolizing a community being thought as for only a certain type of man, is quite an interesting online community for information regarding the LGBT community and LGBT lifestyle. So, I hope to listen and contribute more here.

I'm currently working on the following life and personal goals:
  1. Growing and evolving in my career as a teacher.
  2. Merging my personalities and friend groups in my professional, familial and personal life.
  3. Researching strategies for LGBT-inclusive educational practices so that I can help meet the needs of LGBT children and adolescents.
  4. Exercising and eating better to look and feel more personally fulfilled and confident, while promoting a mentally healthy body image, growth mindset and supporting others in their journeys in trying to be healthy and finding ways of supporting their self-confidence and self-esteem.
  5. Strategies for dating so that I can explore physical and emotional intimacy with other men, and finding a type of dating and romantic life that is meaningful for me and others.
  6. Meeting and evolving with a partner so that I can grow a life and a family together.
  7. Working on strategies to be listening to others more effectively and growing in empathy and self-awareness.

Reactions: bkmuscledad