Being alone

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by morsecode, Apr 9, 2009.

1. morsecode

morsecode New Member

Has anyone of you had the feeling that you are just destined to be alone? I do all the time, I just get the feeling that one day I'll be a shapeless blob of flesh, stuck on a couch and being present while the contents of my mind are being erased by whatever is going out of the screen, and that as I'm trying to take my mind away from the inanity of my being by trying to stick a french fry in my urinary meatus, I'll just wither, die and rot, without having ever communicated whatever is inside of me, whatever I feel is worthwhile.

How the fuck did you or do you get out of this place?

2. Principessa

Gold Member

Lexapro with a Klonapin chaser. :cool:

3. morsecode

morsecode New Member

no more meds, please

4. orbital

orbital New Member

Albums:
    There's a great outlet to communicate everything that's inside of you...it's called the Internet. So start a blog or post away on here (or something), and just say whatever is on your mind.

But really, what's wrong with being alone? To me, people are hell. Being alone is like paradise. Read Sartre's "No Exit", you'll see what I mean :)

5. morsecode

morsecode New Member

nothing, if you can live your whole life by yourself, without making contact because you don't know how...and I don't really need a book to realize that, I lived on a 3rd world country, on a shooting per diem basis and other assorted shityness.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

I'm sorry but everything above screams clinical depression. Perhaps CBT - Cognitive Behavior Therapy would help. Though to the best of my knowledge they usually try to medicate you along with the therapy. :redface:

Do you have friends that understand? People who can literally pull you out of the house and get you doing something, anything. :confused: At least try St. John's Wort.

7. orbital

orbital New Member

Albums:
    I agree with njqt, getting out of the house would be beneficial. But if you can't do that, maybe you need to set a goal for yourself and just go for it...or set small goals, but reach each one in time. For me, it always feels good to accomplish something, no matter if it's trivial or meaningless to anybody else but me.

Draft saved Draft deleted