Being bisexual is great

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It has its nice aspects and bad aspects. I particularly enjoyed sitting at a curbside cafe with my wife commenting to each other about both all the hot women and men going by, with each of us telling the other what we found hot or not. With two kids now, we don't get that opportunity as often as we used to.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Being BI has its good points as well as its bad point, but all in all,
I'm still happy that I am a BI and don't think I would change it if I
could.

In the real world, most BI's are in the closet and probably will never
open the door fully to come out. Not if the current attitude of the
general public, including both straights and gays, stays as it is today.
In the real world, a BI is not as accepted and there is very little or no
support systems for them. I have always been in the BI closet, except
for here at LPSG. It is one of the only places I have felt completely
comfortable being myself and let it all hang out. But, then, it still is a
place of anonymity (closet :shrug:) where we still are hidding behind a
name other than our own.

Being a BI is very difficult. It means a life in which one must always be
on guard, watching what you say, and how you say it. You can never
assume that you are in the company of those who would understand.
I've know many whom I thought were Gay, or were BI and was wrong.
And, boy was that a sticky situation and an embarassment. Also, it can
sometimes be very dangerous to be BI since there are a lot of BI-phobes
out there, just like there are homophobes, and you, never know what
they will do, or how they will act.

Some years ago when I was single I went to a gay bar where I met a
very nice man and we came on to each other. He made a comment about
someone at the bar...saying that he was BI and that in a few minutes the
bikers there were going to throw him out. In a moment of anger, I said that
was not right...and confided that I too was BI..well..we both were roughed
up pretty badly and thrown out onto the street. A really scary night I can tell
you!

Very few seem to understand what it is to be BI, or even want to try to
understand. Most don't believe there is such a thing as a BI (or a "true
BI" as some say), or even accept that such a thing is even possible.
Some of the Straights shy away from us thinking we are Gay, some Gays
don't like us at all (usually) thinking we are just hidding behind being BI
because we are ashamed of being Gay, and of course, neither trusts you.

The opinion of most is that a BI can never have a loving and permanent
relationship with either their own sex or one of the opposite. I can't say
for others, but I know that I would prefer to be in a permanent relationship
than "whoring around" as most say BIs do. Most BIs (male and female) that
I know are in a LTR. I was BI before I married, and never betrayed my vows
while I was married, but unfortunately the marriage didn't last due to inlaw
interferrence (they did not and do not know that I am BI..nor my former wife
or my children). I had two LTR after the marriage...5 years with a woman and
6 years with a man. Today, I've been with the same man in a monogynous
relationship for 20+ years.

So, YES, being bisexual is great, but it does have it down points...

Last edited:

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Why is it that "Str8" guys are so uptight about anything approaching "homo" yet most would happily see their girl have sex with another girl?

Until recently, I was physically hetero, but I think I've always been mentally Bi. I never got into anti-gay conversations - even with my closest friends as I never thought it was any of my business, for one.

While I still consider myself predominantly Str8, I recently enjoyed reciprocal sex between myself and my longest-known male friend who is ordinarily as butch as a very, very, butch person.

It was an awakening to us both and we are the happiest people I know in that we each are aware of sexuality in others (of either sex) and have had a whole new world of sexual pleasure opened up to us.

Being Bi is not great.

It's fantastically great and ought to be made mandatory.

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Why is it that "Str8" guys are so uptight about anything approaching "homo" yet most would happily see their girl have sex with another girl?

Until recently, I was physically hetero, but I think I've always been mentally Bi. I never got into anti-gay conversations - even with my closest friends as I never thought it was any of my business, for one.

While I still consider myself predominantly Str8, I recently enjoyed reciprocal sex between myself and my longest-known male friend who is ordinarily as butch as a very, very, butch person.

It was an awakening to us both and we are the happiest people I know in that we each are aware of sexuality in others (of either sex) and have had a whole new world of sexual pleasure opened up to us.

Being Bi is not great.

It's fantastically great and ought to be made mandatory.

Congrats on the discovery! At some point you'll come down off your high (Though I hope it isn't for a long, long time.) If you ever need any advice, tips, or just some people to talk to about it all, feel free to seek it out here. There are a lot of folks here who'd be happy to help out.

Best of luck to ya. :smile:

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Congrats on the discovery! At some point you'll come down off your high (Though I hope it isn't for a long, long time.) If you ever need any advice, tips, or just some people to talk to about it all, feel free to seek it out here. There are a lot of folks here who'd be happy to help out.

Best of luck to ya. :smile:

Thanks for that.

I mean it. You made the effort to type a response.

Glad to see I'm in good company here.:smile:

Rowan Ravenseed

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It has its nice aspects and bad aspects. I particularly enjoyed sitting at a curbside cafe with my wife commenting to each other about both all the hot women and men going by, with each of us telling the other what we found hot or not. With two kids now, we don't get that opportunity as often as we used to.

Can i ask you why has that changed now that you have children?

From a very early age we start programming our children for the mating game knowingly and unknowingly.....My sister has just recently had a little girl and she commented to me the other day that while at playgroup there was a little boy following her (my sisters little girl) around and my sister joked about my niece having a boyfriend at such an early age :)

I remember being 8 years old and having a very close friend that was a female and my parents would kid that she was my girlfriend even though at that age we aren't sexual beings.

Fathers program their little boys from a very early age to appreciate a females beauty and little girls are programmed by their mother to catch the perfect man.

Why is it not acceptbale for mummy and daddy to say to little (insert name here) Isn't that boy handsome or Isn't that girl pretty

To encourage the freedom of sexual expression shouldnt we be teaching our children that its acceptable to find the beuty in both sexes?

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The worst thing about being bi is that you take flak from all sides and very few people (proportionately) are comfortable with it, especially within a relationship.

The plus point is there's always a fairly ready supply of partners available.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In the real world, most BI's are in the closet and probably will never open the door fully to come out.

This is the sad part of the whole deal...people feeling the need to hide who they are & lie to everyone in their lives...it's not good for them or anyone else...

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As one of those older men who has "been there and done that" I'm glad to read that some of you have been surprised and also delighted in discovering that though you think of yourself, as I did, as a pretty "regular guy" you were also fortunate in opening yourself to the opportunity to explore that other side of your sexuality. I would wish for every young man to have a zone of privacy in which he might with a trusted friend discover the ways in which men can express their warm regard for a male friend. And when you do reach the point of real sex you discover that that sky does not fall. It all seems so natural and so right. You have made the discovery that a man can love another man sexually. If you already know that you are able to love a woman sexually, you come away with the sense that you have truly become aware of the wonderful range of your sexuality. A man who knows himself in that measure knows better than to join the "extremists" who keep insisting that they are 100% devoted to those of the same sex or those of the other sex. I have been happy to know that I can be a faithful partner with a man and I can also be a faithful partner with a woman. I have been happily married for many years, but I cannot forget the years I spent in relationship with a man which were also very happy times.

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Can i ask you why has that changed now that you have children?

From a very early age we start programming our children for the mating game knowingly and unknowingly.....My sister has just recently had a little girl and she commented to me the other day that while at playgroup there was a little boy following her (my sisters little girl) around and my sister joked about my niece having a boyfriend at such an early age :)

I remember being 8 years old and having a very close friend that was a female and my parents would kid that she was my girlfriend even though at that age we aren't sexual beings.

Fathers program their little boys from a very early age to appreciate a females beauty and little girls are programmed by their mother to catch the perfect man.

Why is it not acceptbale for mummy and daddy to say to little (insert name here) Isn't that boy handsome or Isn't that girl pretty

To encourage the freedom of sexual expression shouldnt we be teaching our children that its acceptable to find the beuty in both sexes?

You've read the wrong thing into my words. :smile: We have two young children (2 years, and the other isalmost 2 months). It is merely that we don't have the opportunity to do that anymore with kids that age. With kids that age, there's no such thing as a lazy sunday afternoon to go people watching anymore lol.