Being blunt to get a date

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Moez???, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Moez???

Moez??? Active Member

Albums:
    This isn't really penis involved, but I was just wondering ladies take on a guy being blunt when approaching you.

i dont mean sexually. If a guy approached you, who said something like "hi, I think you are very pretty, and would like to get to know you better" type of thing. Is that too blunt?

specifically, my situation, across the street from where I work there is a girl. I see her often, and sometimes we have some small talk, but nothing beyond that. I've been trying to think of a way to ask her on a date, but usually it's busy and I can never talk more than a few minutes.

I was thinking of something like "I think you are very pretty, and I've been trying to talk with you a bit more, but haven't had such luck. I was wondering if you wanted to get a coffee (whenever)?"

would that be too blunt?

2. karldergrosse

Gold Member

Obviously I can't answer to that, M--but I am a bit puzzled. :confused: On another of your threads you say that you've lost your sex drive and no longer get an adrenalin charge from looking at women. Does that mean you are looking for a merely platonic relationship with this woman you're interested in...??? ...Or could you be hoping that she'll rekindle that special drive...??? Whatever, I wish you success..... :wink:

#2 karldergrosse, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  3. KTF40

Gold Member

Albums:
    I suggest being more blunt. Just say, "Hey my name is Moez???. I think you're beatiful and I was wondering if I can have sex with you?"

Now the ball's in her court...

4. voidout

Gold Member

i think that's pretty much a great way to ask.

5. StraightCock4Her

StraightCock4Her New Member

"I think you're intriguing, would you like to continue this conversation over dinner tonight?"

6. voidout

Gold Member

LOL. :biglaugh:

7. dolfette

Gold Member

moez, that approach is fine.
    even if you're not her type you'll have made her feel good.

8. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

No, no, no. I think you should be much more cunning.

If you have the balls to actually do what you have stated you want to do then we have something to work with.

If you are self-aware enough to determine if SHE thinks you're out of HER league you should start there? And you should determine how much time you have to work on this. Is the semester almost over? Is the canning season almost done? Do you see her around with some guy(s) who are as smitten as you are?

If she's out of your league you've got to take some time. When you see her go over to her tell her she is pretty. But don't put a conditional on it like will you go on a date with me.

Instead build up. When you see her in a nice dress tell her so. Ask her if she knows about the play going on downtown...

Actually this is putting the cart before the horse. Have you even talked to her yet. What kind of work does she do? Have you got any excuse to talk to her for some manner of time before asking her out?

You haven't given enough information. You should probably rent a dating movie.

Anybody got any ideas?

9. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    This thread reminds me who much I dig Emily Blunt. Ah, Sunshine Cleaning..........

10. Moez???

Moez??? Active Member

Albums:
    hmm...

I should've also mentioned the cold approach. I'm not a very social guy, I don't like big parties or gatherings of the such where people would typically meet other people. The only people I know are friends of friends, and that only goes so far.

Lets say there is a girl in class sitting on the opposite side from me. She is really pretty. what are some suggestions to begin talking with a girl like that, or a girl randomly sitting on campus between classes trying to pass time. seems like the perfect opportunity, right? she's bored, and even if she isn't interested, she's still probably willing to chat with someone to pass the time. what approach could I use on a girl in that situation?

one of my biggest fears is coming off too strongly with a girl. a girl who might not be interested, but doesn't want to seem rude. I don't want to be that guy who thinks he's getting somewhere but am really just being annoying.

11. D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

I think if you can summon enough courage to approach her and be blunt then your original line is quite fine already. But that's just me. Different guys have different styles and there's no guarantee that any given style will hit the switch with any given girl. Spiker's way is very nice too. More subtle. But, again, no guarantee that she'll respond better to his way than yours.

Why don't you just approach her the way you think works? That way if it works you won't have to worry afterwards if you'd come across as yourself or not.

Whichever way you chooses to approach this girl I wish you luck. :)

12. voidout

Gold Member

ahahaha, i like how into this you got. it's kind of cute.

13. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

Don't worry about the approach. If you are aware of your surroundings, watching things, just enjoying the moment its hard not to find something to say with a woman. Whatever comes to your mind first normally is the conversation starter. For instance, I was in line a few days back in a Starbucks. It is at an open mall, and I wanted to get my parking validated. So, I'm not there for anything other than that - no drinks for me. Infront of me in line is this interesting looking girl. She has long black hair, thin eyebrows, strong blue eyes and a large necklace that pops out of nowhere.

The necklace was what caught my eye last after giving her a glance, so thats what I went with. I asked her where she got it, told her it was cool, and sprung board from there. It is just like anything else in life, and not to say that I'm some sort of dating guru - because I'm not, I'm single - but I think I'm pretty decent person. Whatever is going on in my mind when looking at someone isn't going to be rude, bad, or insulting to ask. If it is, I didn't mean it, and if the intent, interest, and openess is there I dont see how a person could go wrong.

Just be in the moment, and what you see, you say, ask about, or make an observation on. As in the case with the girl sitting on campus wasting time - just ask her..."Hows the time wasting going?" I mean, call it like you see it. Break that ice, bro, and just talk. Be cordial, polite, interested, and of course yourself. If you are being yourself you dont have to worry about all that extra BS of how she will take it. If she doesn't take it well, then she wasn't meant for you.

If you say what comes natural to you then it's easy. But I dont know if that even helps. I feel like I just spat some crap to you, because everyone says be yourself. But you gotta trust that what you feel, think, is worth making an observation or comment on. From there everything sort of flows like any other conversation two people have...Well, sometimes. In the case that it doesn't, and you went about it only the way you could - then give a smile, wave, say it was nice to talking and flee! :)

I get the sense that you are blunt anyways. If you are, then be that way, man. Just say what you feel the best way you can whenever you see a girl. If she is hot...tell her she is hot - lol.

#13 D_Petherick_Poundlouder, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  14. D_Preasteman Breastemann

"What do you say we go out on a date? Have some chicken, maybe some sex... You know, see what happens."

15. unzipped

Gold Member

Albums:
    grab their hand and place on your bulge... works most of the time... of course, I have been slapped a couple times. lol

16. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

One question.... do you get a real smile out of her when you see her? If you do... then just ask "would you like to have coffee/drinks with me on ..... day/night?" Be sure to set a date and time in the asking not just "would you like to get coffee sometime?" that's too opened ended. Worst that's going to happen is she says no.

Crap....now I gotta go introduce myself..... sheesh....

17. D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

Talk about being blunt. hahaha

18. dolfette

Gold Member

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

i'd have you arrested for that.

19. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

No you wouldn't.

20. StraightCock4Her

StraightCock4Her New Member

Hey dolfette... Come here, I wanna tell ya something :biggrin1: :tongue: :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted