Being Bullied

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hootie, njqt466, CUBE, Osiris, Thank you for sharing your stories and bringing them out into the light. My hope was that all the guilt and shame that goes along with this can evaporate and disappear with the heat of the sun. I am touched by your experience because it happened to me too.

Claire, interesting enough I had run into one of my childhood friends who told me that the bullies ended up rather pathetic adults, suprise right? Divorced, unhappy, can't hold down a job, alcoholic, obese. What I didn't realize and was later told was that their family life was the shits. The abusers came from abusive, detached, divorced, unloving families. I figure they might have been re-directing their anger and they were victims of abuse themselves. But in the end there is no excuse for abuse for me. The bulling I suffered stops with me.

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was bullied in elementary school for a while until I called one of the kids who was doing the bullying one evening at his house and told him I'd kick the shit out of him if he ever so much as looked at me funny again. After that, the bullying stopped rather abruptly--word got around somehow, lol. Had some issues again in high school. I was tall, but pretty skinny at 6'4" and 170lbs, but after high school, I added about another fifty pounds and about eight inches of width across my shoulders, and now I find that people pretty much leave me respectfully alone.

Reminds me of that Dead Kennedys song "Macho Insecurity." Bullies are pitiful little people within themselves.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Hootie, njqt466, CUBE, Osiris, Thank you for sharing your stories and bringing them out into the light. My hope was that all the guilt and shame that goes along with this can evaporate and disappear with the heat of the sun. I am touched by your experience because it happened to me too.

Claire, interesting enough I had run into one of my childhood friends who told me that the bullies ended up rather pathetic adults, suprise right? Divorced, unhappy, can't hold down a job, alcoholic, obese. What I didn't realize and was later told was that their family life was the shits. The abusers came from abusive, detached, divorced, unloving families. I figure they might have been re-directing their anger and they were victims of abuse themselves. But in the end there is no excuse for abuse for me. The bulling I suffered stops with me.

Actually, I have to watch getting too aggressive. I do not bully people but I don't take that much crap anymore. I am glad you had your wonderful Italian neighbors earl. They helped you know you were loved. I am glad the "bulling" stops with you. Next friday at 7, would you be free for me to pork you?

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
...I had run into one of my childhood friends who told me that the bullies ended up rather pathetic adults, suprise right? Divorced, unhappy, can't hold down a job, alcoholic, obese.

I can think of a few former bullies who turned out losers in adult life. I can't deny there's a part of my that gets some gratification from that. But, sad to say, an even larger percentage of the former childhood bullies went on to become adult bullies bent on victimizing anyone within grasp: gold digging social climbers, small town corporate tyrants, political hacks, law enforcement fanatics, back stabbing sychophants, amateur sports nazis, military martinets, the list goes on.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was bullied for being a weird contradiction - an over-sensitive tomboy! I took everybody at their word with "teasing" since I didn't grow up with it in my home (only child), and cried easily.

Yet, I liked playing sports, playing army, my favorite toys were construction sets, cars and trucks, that sort of thing and I didn't like dolls at all. I wore jeans and T-shirts all the time (no dresses - although I do wear them now sometimes). On top of that, I was also the smallest kid in my class when I entered school, AND the most intelligent! I had everything going against me, it seems!

One thing I think happened that is positive though - my being bullied for being nontraditional for my gender made me non-homophobic, and I grew up in a VERY homophobic community...

However, for some reason, even to this day I remain very shy in real life, and have trouble in relationships, and also have trouble keeping jobs. I have only had one long term relationship, and only one long term job. That wouldn't be so bad if they were for all my adult life, but they are not. My long term job was from 1997 to 2005. Since mid-2005 I have been unemployed more often than not. I am working now, though, but it is only a temp job.

Oh, and I still run into problems with being as nontraditional as I am. You can't tell from looking at me how nontraditional I am, because one of my few traditionally female interests is fashion and beauty. (I try for this, but don't always succeed!) I still have trouble mainly because too many people are sexist and believe in gender stereotypes. I have learned to bite my tongue rather than speak up and just get a lot of grief, but it still bugs me.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had little to none in the way of bullying when I went to school...... I was a tall skinny gal who hit with my fist and aimed to draw blood when I did, over time bullies leave you alone and move to easier prey.

Now its been many moons sense I’ve seen the inside of a classroom, so are schools and parents doing anything about it in this day and age???

If I was a parent I would be climbing down the school Principal's throat with stiletto heels if one of “mine” was getting hurt physically and mentally by a thug.

Recent legal decisions (with concomitant large dollar awards) in favor of children who have been bullied relentlessly -- while school officials stood by doing nothing -- have pushed this issue to the forefront of many school systems' awareness. I think some "educators" aren't shaken up until their wallets are attacked.

NCbear (who feels the same way witch does, but with hobnailed boots and a BIG damned medieval war mace, not stiletto heels)

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I got bullied for years by my brothers and my dad. I had started working out and doing rough physical work as soon as my age allowed it, to keep them off. The day I graduated from HS, I took a powder and didn't return until the very day, I'm not overly interested in letting them know anything about my success. They can all go and knee-fuck themselves as far as it concerns me.

Just think if you had some paramilitary training and mixed martial arts training. (You still have time to learn.)

It is never too late to fuck up the dysfunctional fam!!! (Remember "Kill Bill" Vols I and II?). :smile:

There are bullies out there that deserve a few frosty pop openings of a few cans of whup ass.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My primary tormentor from 5th-8th grade got a white Corvette for his 17th birthday. Three months later he was speeding on a rainy day, on a notoriously bad curve near the golf course and wrapped his car around some trees. He was in the hospital for a few months and I understand he walks with a limp and a cane to this day.

Karma is a Bitch...don't mess with her. :tongue:

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Years after I called that kid on the phone, he got crushed when he was trying to get his pickup truck out of the snow and back onto the road. His come-along broke, causing the truck (which was filled with firewood) to roll over quite abruptly on top of him and kill him. I never thought of it as karma before, but I guess if somebody has to get squished by a truck, it might as well be a snotty spoiled prick.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Years after I called that kid on the phone, he got crushed when he was trying to get his pickup truck out of the snow and back onto the road. His come-along broke, causing the truck (which was filled with firewood) to roll over quite abruptly on top of him and kill him. I never thought of it as karma before, but I guess if somebody has to get squished by a truck, it might as well be a snotty spoiled prick.

OMG! That's horrible! I hate to admit I did laugh a little because that is a truly awful way to go. I do think that is pretty much the definition of karma.

D_Sherian_LaNeige

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
At school I was bullied by the popular kids for being intelligent, big-boned, spotty... anything they could think of at the time, really. It was pretty rough and I'm currently in cognitive behavioural therapy for my skin OCD and poor self-image.

I'd like to think that the bullies are now living hollow, unfulfilling lives, but I've seen one of them on facebook and she is now stunningly attractive with a great job at the BBC. Oh well.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just think if you had some paramilitary training and mixed martial arts training. (You still have time to learn.)

It is never too late to fuck up the dysfunctional fam!!! (Remember "Kill Bill" Vols I and II?). :smile:

There are bullies out there that deserve a few frosty pop openings of a few cans of whup ass.

I have something even better: Military Training and close combat training. Still, I don't think the shits are worth soiling my hands and feet by knocking them out, and I hate Quentin Tarantino and his "art" anyways.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
There are some things from the past that still cause me a lot of pain. However, I found great freedom in surrendering the desire for revenge. What goes around comes around. I saw it with my mom. I've seen it with many others. When I quit wishing for bad things to happen to them, I felt a load lifted off of me.

I wish they loved me but I can't make it happen. Instead, I try to make a family from my friends. I try to treat others like I want to be treated. Send out respect, dignity, and love. It will come back to you in life.

One day last year, a woman I knew stopped to talk to me. When we first met, she was dirt poor living in a shack in a bad part of town. All I had ever done was be pleasant, and cordial. She told me she loved me. She said she never would forget how I loved on all those people all those years. I almost started crying. I hadn't done anything at all but was being given credit for changing a life.

To let go of the hatred, and bitterness is to become the victor in it.

bboy24

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was bullied in high school because I wasn't a born again Christian; most of the kids at my high school were either born agains, evangilicals (sp?) or really really fanatical Christians-the type where everything is evil. I was also bullied for being a bboy and the fact that my family wasn't wealthy.
People would say I was going to hell for being Catholic and for reading certain books and shit like that.
When the kids saw my pops-who is a really really dark Italian he almost looks black or Middle Eastern-they started giving me shit 'cause my family couldn't pass for "true white". There was a lot of racisits at my school. Some of the kid's parents were Klan members.
They would call me the worst racial words for black people, Middle Eastern people and Italians. Kids I didn't even know would come up to me and say I wasn't as good as them 'cause I have racial word for black people hair.
I would go home crying. It finally got so bad that I dropped out of high school.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That is about where their power stops, and if they have based their lives until then on bullying the weaker ones, they have never really built any strength to cope with the world outside school. Most of the bullies I have run into didn't strike me as very intelligent, and I'd really bite my ass if I learned that any of them has become more than a greasy, oily dealer at the local Ford dealership. Well, nothing against Ford.

That would make sense. I've hated every Ford I've owned.

Found
On
Road
Dead

or

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

:rolleyes:

avalonlovelove

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have had horrible experiences I even had friends say behind my back when I didn't go to school that i was bringing my boyfriend to the prom.I didn't even have a boyfriend then and still don't now so they were just pretty much proving they weren't my friends to begin with.Surprisingly these friends were girls and I always thought that girls were more compassionate towards gays than guys.At least that has been my personal experience.I have now found two wonderful girls who are so loving and sweet.I am blessed to have found friends who are accepting and understanding.But i have gone through many dark times because of bullying and harassment I tried to kill myself many years ago at least twice.It was very hard but thankfully I saw the light and have not felt those feelings as intensely as I once did.As they say it takes one day at a time.:smile: :redface: :redface:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have had horrible experiences I even had friends say behind my back when I didn't go to school that i was bringing my boyfriend to the prom.I didn't even have a boyfriend then and still don't now so they were just pretty much proving they weren't my friends to begin with.Surprisingly these friends were girls and I always thought that girls were more compassionate towards gays than guys.At least that has been my personal experience.I have now found two wonderful girls who are so loving and sweet.I am blessed to have found friends who are accepting and understanding.But i have gone through many dark times because of bullying and harassment I tried to kill myself many years ago at least twice.It was very hard but thankfully I saw the light and have not felt those feelings as intensely as I once did.As they say it takes one day at a time.:smile: :redface: :redface:

I'd lay money on the fact that your slanderous female friends were bashing you because they were attracted to you, but you weren't. That is what a lot of school girls do. The "If I can't have him, no one will." thing.

TheManTheLegend

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well i was abandoned as a kid....n growing up all i had were sweats, n hand me downs at that...ppl mad fun of me...but i jus did my thing n e way...n soon i was getting all the girls, every1 was on my shit, n the ppl that picked on me and were insensitive to my feelins.....welll they all dropped out of highschool and im in college, lmao so there u go