Being framed as gay... that's amusing.

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Lito, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Lito

Lito New Member

Well, I am a 32 year old single guy. I am considered atravtive (and fit). I do hold a job (good one), live alone and own my own car.

Perhaps it's the single part that's getting to people's mind, but I don't think that's all of it. I've had my sexuality questioned more times than I can't count in recent past.

I'm not sure what is giving ayay such vibes. I am definitly interested in women only, I do not have interest in men (really)... but last month, for example, when I was going out with a girl (1st time, mind you), she told me I was an amazing guy, and even if nothing worked out between us, she'd like us to be friends... well... long story made short, she got a feeling I was gay.

Happened again in a congress, another drunk woman asked a friend if I was interested in women...

Frankly, what the hell is going on? I mean... something I say? How do you guys pick up this "gay vibe"? Because it's freaking me out here. I do date women (a lot), I have an active sex life which I enjoy...

Reading it now, it does look like a joke, but I do assure you it's not.

So, fellows, what gives?

2. findfirefox

Gold Member

This is what makes you seem gay. (I'm soo helpful)

3. galaxus

galaxus Member

...what?

anyway, the probably ask because your still not married. but its ok. if you get yours, i see no problem :smile:

4. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't sweat it too much. My family does the same thing to me. And I get sooooooo tired of it. I tell them I'll get married when it suits me and not before, because I'm only going to do this ONCE. Then I'll point out to them that with the exceptions of me and 2 of my cousins, there is no way that I'm going to follow their examples of marriage, as they really suck at it and should give it up, hence the numerous marriages and divorces. Then I tell them that if I was going to follow their example, I would do better for myself to go out once every ten years, find a woman I hate, and buy her a house!!

They never quite know how to respond to that, but it does shut them up and they leave me alone after that. :biggrin1:

5. Lito

Lito New Member

ehh... it's mostly an amusing thing for me really. I'm not really losing a night's sleep because of it. But I do get that feeling of wtf sometimes hehehe... it's weird, but funny.

I just thought this would be a nice place to share, and get some answers maybe :)

All in all, I'm good.

6. Fire Agate

Fire Agate New Member

that sucks dude. i know exactly how you feel, i used to get the same treatment in schools :worried:

7. B_bicepguy

B_bicepguy New Member

I am gay.

It's not an issue, is it? 2007?

Smile, thank them. It usually stems from a set of characteristics that prompt the question: he' single, an attractve guy, in shape, with some degree of taste.

The popular misconception is that all such men are gay - of course they are not.

Strange how out of shape, unsttractive men dont get askd the same thing?

So ask them! Then offer to disprove it in a VERY obvious way >smirk<

8. Divine1

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dude it's hard to tell what vibe you are projecting without meeting you.

You know your sexuality. Be comfortable with it.
    Maybe you need to hang out with some different woman who will appreciate all the great things you have to offer.

Don't worry about what others think!

9. Lito

Lito New Member

No, it's not an issue. I'm not angry, nor do I think it's a bad thing to be gay. Its just that... I'm not (unless you take teenage years into account) :/

I am curious though, as to why do these comments keep coming my way. :)

Pax.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

Maybe you need to behave in a more stereotypically straight fashion? I know that sounds stupid but I honestly can't think of anything else.

When I was 23 I had an older, married, female cousin insist it was okay for me to come out to her; as she would still love me. :mad: :redface: :confused: When I told her I was dating a white guy she was like oh . . . end of conversation. :tongue:

11. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

Well, Fire Agate, you ARE 50% gay, according to yourself.

12. Fire Agate

Fire Agate New Member

actually im bisexual, not gay. there was no bisexual option for me to choose from in my profile:wink:

13. marko88

marko88 New Member

a lota ppl (espec women) think that a guys gay when he's well dressed, an looks like he looks after himself! think of it as a good thing! its a good way to start chatin sum1 up, if a woman comes to u an asks u if ur gay or not, its coz she wants u!

bein gays awsome anyway lol :p

14. frizzle

Gold Member

Well then you are gay. Just straight aswell. Like saying "I'm a crack addict, but also a coke fiend."

15. Fire Agate

Fire Agate New Member

well, thats not how i understand it. i didnt know you called someone whos bisexual, gay but ok. im really not into arguing over straws so dont expect another reply after this one

16. frizzle

Gold Member

That's quite an immature post. Maybe if you wasn't so defensive or maybe easily offended, we could of had a nice civil chat. But I guess not.

Anyway, I've never been accused of being gay, I guess it's because I'm a stereotypical white bloke, I love my football, my beer, and my women. I don't act camp or anything, and I don't think I would get offended or insulted for being called gay, it's usually a compliment.

17. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    WHat kind of car do you drive?

How do you dress?
    Do you walk with a swoosh?
    Do you talk with your hands?
    Do you have a slight lisp?

I wouldnt sweat it, because in todays world, there are a LOT of single young to middle aged folks, just because there isn't much pickins out there anymore.

18. Lito

Lito New Member

1) Classic sports car from the 90s (took me a while to find a good one).
    2) Mostly casual... I do like black.
    3) Not sure what you mean... my English is not that good.
    4) I use my hands, yes, but not too much.
    5) Not sure what you mean, I don't know what a lisp is :)

Now you'll have to tell me what do these questions mean hehe.

19. Lito

Lito New Member

You got me there. I don't like sports... I can't bother myself to watch soccer (national favourite sport by far)... I can't drink beer too (or whisky), as I like sweet stuff... usually coktails (exceptions being good vodka and good wine).

Heh... guess I'm getting it ;)

20. Principessa

Gold Member

EXCUSE ME!! Frizzle you are an ignorant troll! 90% of your posts are dissing gays and bi-guys while strongly proclaiming your wonderful heterosexuality. What's up with that? Did you join LPSG just to mock people who are different from you? :confused: :mad: If so you need to leave, cause we don't take kindly to that around here.

Also I am personally offended that you would equate being a drug addict with being gay or bisexual. You need to go crawl back under that rock, under which you were raised. :mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted