Being gay, older brothers and birth order...

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I've read a lot of stuff that points to the number of older brothers you have as a man, can determine whether you're homosexual.

Apparently, as a woman has more male children, her body becomes more skilled at treating the male foetus as a foreign body and feminises it by producing more and more female hormones.

The odds that the next male child will be gay can be anywhere between 10% to 40%, but will become higher the more male children she has.

This got me thinking, I have two older straight brother... and I'm gay.

What about you?

If the research is proved conclusive, would having brothers become a gay identifier, for better or worse means?

:O Two straight brothers, and I am gay. Guess the theory is right so far. Keep in mind when you get more stories that the human immune system can be 'reset', through major infections, illness, trauma, and can effectively drop the increased chances back down to nil.

So you know that Octomom chick? Yeah, lets look forward to her 5 gay sons. :D

I was told in a Human Biology lecture about this. The lecturer said it was something to do with the testosterone wash not spiking during pregnancy, due to it's ability 'wearing down' with subsequent male pregnancies, while letting the female hormones have more of a prevenlent effect on the hypothalamus during foetal maturation.

But anyway, No brothers, no sisters, and gay.

wazwolf

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
2 older straight brothers and I'm gay.

Keep in mind, this is statistical. So not everyone will follow it, yet it is high enough that it isn't random chance.

I'm more interested in what causes gay feminine men and gay masculine men. Nature or Nurture?

Madison, WI is highly femmy and twinky..... blah.

Oh! *pokes Andy and waves*

Wisconsin eh?

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've read a lot of stuff that points to the number of older brothers you have as a man, can determine whether you're homosexual.

Apparently, as a woman has more male children, her body becomes more skilled at treating the male foetus as a foreign body and feminises it by producing more and more female hormones.

The odds that the next male child will be gay can be anywhere between 10% to 40%, but will become higher the more male children she has.

This got me thinking, I have two older straight brother... and I'm gay.

What about you?

If the research is proved conclusive, would having brothers become a gay identifier, for better or worse means?

I agree with this basic theory and would add I think some woman have a natural hormone response that does not need previous children but starts with the first preganancy...though the hormone response is more likely with every increasing preganancy...for some. I always thought there had to be some genetic reason for this process. It doesn't lesson gay people or need to be changed. Just think it is interesting. Also works then like a built in population control on some level. (Not saying gays shouldn't have kids...they should and lots of them :) )

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
daughter straight
son straight
son gay
son straight
son way gay,

proud of him has life partner and moved out of state, I'm the monkey in the middle. I also have a niece that is gay or was she says she's been saved and isn't gay anymore but concensus tells us otherwise. I think its a gene which is dormant or skips through the limbs of the family tree.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm an only son, but I'm gay. My other half is the elder son and has a straight brother.

The theory's based on statistics, but I think it's definitely worth doing some research into the physiology.

RedDog9

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Youngest of 9 kids, I'm gay w/ 2 gay brothers, 2 straight brothers, 1 lesbian sister & 3 straight sisters. For what it's worth, 2 of my 10 nephews are gay as well!

Media
There is probably some truth to those medical findings, the information does not take into account the many variables life tends to throw at us. There goes God tossing the dice again.

I am the youngest of four, two older brothers and a sister. All str8 and I am gay. The two brothers do not speak to me or my sister because they do not like gay people. I have never discussed being gay with the exception of my sister. She has two sons, the eldest is gay so there is that variable again.