Being Handsome Is Kinda Like Being Well Hung

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
O.k., I'll jump in.
I don't generally think of myself as being particularly attractive. When I look in the mirror I see a guy who is not bad looking but not above average. From my earliest memories, however, people have complimented me on my physical attractiveness. Even my sister-in-law, who Does. Not. Like. Me at all as a person, said to my wife, "He's the best looking guy you ever dated."
A whole lot of people I've come across in life had made comments to me, about me, etc.

It used to make me uncomfortable to be noticed, especially since I'm shy, bashful, and tried to hide. Even now, at age 52, I still get the uncomfortable feeling that people are noticing me, but whatever.

I will also freely admit that being physically attractive gives me an advantage in life, especially career-wise. People are willing to give me the benefit of the doubt. They like me. It would be foolish to not take some advantage of that.

If I had to give up the looks or the big dick, I'd give up the big dick, because that's not what people notice when you walk into a room. And if they do, it's not going to help get you the job (in real life).

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Except that it's a lot more useful than being hung. The influence of good looks on others is constant. Behavior shifts to try to impress handsome people far more frequently and across many more contexts than with hung men, the quality of which is often only known in sexual contexts. Additionally, this dynamic of catering to and wishing to impress beautiful people isn't inhibited the way that genital endowment is. People are far less likely to even think of questioning themselves for being extraordinarily kind to a pretty person; when one is extraordinarily kind to a man for being hung, it's completely transparent the reason for doing this being an attempt to draw attention sexually.

Hung privilege pales in comparison to good looks privilege.

Reactions: Prattat and nicnic

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Except that it's a lot more useful than being hung. The influence of good looks on others is constant. Behavior shifts to try to impress handsome people far more frequently and across many more contexts than with hung men, the quality of which is often only known in sexual contexts. Additionally, this dynamic of catering to and wishing to impress beautiful people isn't inhibited the way that genital endowment is. People are far less likely to even think of questioning themselves for being extraordinarily kind to a pretty person; when one is extraordinarily kind to a man for being hung, it's completely transparent the reason for doing this being an attempt to draw attention sexually.

Hung privilege pales in comparison to good looks privilege.
The problem with any accusations of privilege is that for as many who will be drawn to and favor the attractive (or hung), there are many who are resentful. It may not level the playing field, but it lowers the tilt.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The problem with any accusations of privilege is that for as many who will be drawn to and favor the attractive (or hung), there are many who are resentful. It may not level the playing field, but it lowers the tilt.

I think you’re right. Maybe not many who are resentful, but there are at least some who are. I’ve met guys who have big egos who take a dislike to me for no apparent reason, or try to compete with me when there’s nothing to compete over. I’m not competitive like that, which probably irritates them all the more. When one guy tries to show off to get the girl, and the other guy couldn’t care less, she tends to lean away from the show off. Which frustrates Mr Ego all the more.

Reactions: ItsAll4Kim

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I think you’re right. Maybe not many who are resentful, but there are at least some who are. I’ve met guys who have big egos who take a dislike to me for no apparent reason, or try to compete with me when there’s nothing to compete over. I’m not competitive like that, which probably irritates them all the more. When one guy tries to show off to get the girl, and the other guy couldn’t care less, she tends to lean away from the show off. Which frustrates Mr Ego all the more.
Hah yeah, the more the competitive guys push, the more laid back I get. Seems to *really* piss'en off. Had a boss who was like that. I became friendly with a female coworker from a distant office. She came out to our office and after hours we all went to the restaurant and club at the hotel everyone was using. The boss was hitting on her like crazy. Really working it. She would break away and cozy up to me. He tried even harder. I simply was being a decent guy. She invited me to her room, and made it abundantly obvious...no sneaking off. She took my hand and led me away. Coworker said he looked as if he would explode. He even called up to her room as she was giving me head.

And I didn't care or worry about losing that job, which infuriated him even more.

aldawg

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
When I was in college and my early 20's, I was pretty vain. I kept in shape and dressed nicely. Several times I had people say, "Damn, you look just like Rob Lowe." That just stroked my ego, as I thought he was hot as hell. Fast forward 35 years....Rob Lowe is still hot, and I'm not. Gained a significant amount of weight, and am now completely bald. After being told for years how pretty my hair was ("too pretty for a man"), how nice me eyes were ( "you have the most gorgeous blue eyes"), it was hard losing the edge that physical looks can give to you.

However, I've now dropped a lot of the weight, and I've accepted my baldness...I gained a lot of self-esteem and became much more confident. I'm average in the cock department - 7" fully hard and not too girthy - but I've now entered the world of being called a "hot daddy". I've had many younger guys at the gym (steam room hookups) tell me this, and so I guess as life goes on most of us do enter different phases and have different experiences. Sure, I'd love to look as good as Rob Lowe does now, but I'm happy with who I am today and will continue to be the best I can be....for me.

Reactions: Thicckie

BoBolt

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was thinking about how odd it feels when I get complimented for being handsome. I get that a lot. I did get good facial genes I guess. But I really didn't do anything to get that handsome face. And it probably is more of an asset than a huge cock. But again, it was just a genetic gift. I wonder if guys with big cocks also feel kind of weird about being complimented about something that is genetically caused rather than something you accomplished?

I mean I like it but it seems like the world would be better if we all focused on complimenting people on character traits.

Does that make sense?
Blessed with both, don't take credit for either.

Came here originally to try to find clothes that fit modestly.

Would like to be appreciated for things I do, that I've accomplished myself.

Check out my albums and Let me know your thoughts about my cock
[album=medium]227261[/album][album=medium]218521[/album]

normguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wow. So very well put. You bring out some salient points. I assume that for folks who are exceptionally attractive it's not all sunshine and flowers as a result. But I also know that it sure helps one along life's path in ways that average or unattractive people will never experience. And so many things that make us who we are simply a result of good or bad genes. Nothing we've done on our own. In a humorous vein I always feel that were it not for us plain looking folks then all the beautiful people who had nothing to compare their looks to, right?

Well, as someone who is neither handsome nor well hung, I say this.

You are blessed genetically and will benefit it for much of your life. Just say thank you.

You feel unease about being complimented? Imagine how it feels never getting complimented. Or worse, being told you're ugly, right to your face.

You wonder what you did to deserve handsome face? Imagine wondering whay you did to deserve an ugly face. Or worse, realizing you can't change it for your entire life, unless you want to undergo expensive and potentially dangerous cosmetic surgery.

You feel weird about being complimented about your genetics rather than your accomplishments? Imagine being accomplished but never getting compliments because of your looks. Or even worse, getting completely ignored because there is a pretty shiny thing in the same room that others will be drawn towards.

Yes, it would be nice if we were complimented on our traits. I have longed my entire life to be described as the "handsome one" instead of the "smart one" or the "thoughtful one." In a society that prioritizes and embraces good looks (especially if you're gay), you become conditioned to thinking that "you're so smart" or "you're so thoughtful" equates to ''you're ugly."

You wonder why many good-looking people treat others so poorly. Yet people still flock to them. You wonder why you are kind and humble but repel.

I would love for a day -- just one day -- to walk in your shoes. To turn heads in a room. To get smiles and looks. To not have to think about something "smart' or "thoughtful" to say because that's the only entry point into interaction. And I wouldn't want to wish you walk in my shoes for a day -- just one day.