Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Another thread got me thinking... I know that we have several older gentlemen here who would have been teenagers and young adults in the 1950s and 1960s. I am respectfully curious for those of you that are over 55 and well-endowed to share some experiences relating to your cock size from that time period.

Were attitudes very different then? How did your size affect your relationships back then? Was it more difficult to deal with your size without the Internet to find support and fellowship from other well-hung men? Did the prevailing culture and attitudes of the day encourage you to stay stealthy about your size or celebrate it more openly?

Please be sure to tell us your age at the time of any experiences and what year that would have been. As many of us were born in the 70s and 80s, it might help to give some cultural context to your memories too.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just had to reply to this one. I was fourteen years old and a Freshmen in High School. So the year would have been 1954.

We had gym all four years in High School. I was a very skinny farm kid, but I did have a very well hung penis. Never measured it, but I can confidently say that everyone in this small town High School envied me.

Jocks and red Gym shorts along with white T-Shirts were the required gym class uniform. We all had to take showers. I do not ever remember getting an erection in the shower, but I do know that I did often get a semi hard on. Yes, these were gang showers.

Teased, yes, but also envied. I enjoyed the attention and did not hide under a towel. I simply dried off in the common locker room area and put on my clothes.

Thanks for the opportunity to share these memories.

Reactions: Richie4you

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
sorry, 3 years to young.

Bah, the 55 thing was just an arbitrary number, because 55 and up would have been teenagers in the middle of my target time period. You were what, 13 in 1969? I would still be interested if you have something to share on the topic.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I just had to reply to this one. I was fourteen years old and a Freshmen in High School. So the year would have been 1954.

So do you think the attitude toward you in the 50s was the same as it would be now? Did boys back then talk as openly about the hung kid as they might now? I'm really curious about any differences that might have been evident in a more conservative society.

amadordelsexo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Think as years pass , penis don't increase or decrease in size , a big penis allway will be a big penis , and in the supose case of erection problems today are plenty medicine for such kind of possible problem .
But not for increase lenght or girth penis size .

D_Olly_Oxenfrie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Though I am not of your specified age group, being 44, I dare say that in my opinion/experience society has grown more and more paranoid about nudity/sexuality issues as it has supposedly become more liberal, especially where teenagers & young adults are concerned. The point I am trying to make is that we perceive the past generations to have been more conservative with anything sex/nudity related, I believe the reality to have been very different.

I certainly recall when in HS and the military that there was a hell of a lot more bantering and relaxed attitude towards for example actual nudity and even in some ways, sex. No longer the case. Suggestive inuendo is common nowadays but thats where it ends. Nudity amongst boys and young guys, as an example (impromptu swims comes to mind), is not just frowned upon but vilified. I can carry on and on but I think the point's been made.

It's as if society expects the younger generations to turn out the perfectly balanced and openminded sexual creatures it professes an ideal society to be comprised of but by the same token happily proceeds to terrorize everybody under 21 (just as an age example) into being closeted about who and what they are until they reach this magic age threshold.

I guess what I am trying to say is that a purportedly increasingly openminded society seems less and less able to deal with sexuality in all
its manifestations.

It would be interesting to see more responses on this from your target audience from the 50's and 60's

My 2cents worth

Apologies to the OP if I am off on a bit of a tangent........

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
I was born in '47, 19 not 18....

Nudity...no big thing gang showers in HS and Military. Penis size...I really do not remember too many comments being made to anyone in HS...our PE teacher would not hear of it. There was no teasing because of physical endowments or physical skills ---zero tolerance. Peanuts, our PE instructor was short of stature himself and no one dared make fun of him.

Basic Training was the same.....gang showers. I remember some of the normal banter back and forth....some guys really big, and some not so. Nudity was so common it was not really even thought of.

I was made fun of once, and once only.

It was my first night in Viet Nam...a hot February night. I was sleeping bare ass naked on my nylon cot. I heard a loud noise and leaned over to see if I could see anything. The building shook and I fell off my cot and onto the floor. I picked myself up, put on my flack jacket, my steel pot, boots, and grabbed my M-16 with a red plastic dust cover. I made my way out to the bunker behind our barracks.....standing there basically naked, and scared shitless. My buddies slowly made their way out to the bunker. Each of them was completely dressed. One of them looked at me and said..."You're naked." I replied "if you want to die putting on a fuckin pair of pants...that's your business. I would rather die fucking naked, here in my bunker then die puttin on a pair of fucking pants." We all got a good chuckle out of it.

Nudity common in the 60's and even had buddies watch me while having sex with females. No big deal.

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Maybe a little later in time, but has anyone watched the documentary Gay Sex in the 70s?

Gay Sex in the 70s

I saw it a while ago, and it really opened my eyes to how truely different everything was back then. Very different experiences then a lot of guys have today i think.

liberia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Very little has changed over the years and even millenia -- heard of Sparta? In fact, in the fifties and sixties i think boys were less inhibited about nudity than they are now and we often got our dicks out in class at school.