Being hung with a mental illness

B_mylipswet

Experimental Member
Media
In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes and no, my main problem with regards relationships (of anytype) is trust, due to alot of things in my life I find it nearly impossible to trust anyone, even worse with women.

That isn't strictly to do with my illness but has to do with the reasons for my illness, if that makes sense.

Is this an excuss? possible but when I do start to trust people they tend to shit on me, the ones that don't are my true friends and unfortunatly the women in that catagory are all married or in serious relationships and I also don't view them in a sexual way.

For me now my trust has to be earned and no one seems willing to earn it.
Stick with it and make them earn your trust. You should trust your own feelings. You deserve it and you will find someone who is willing to go the extra mile if they are worth it. Good luck

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haven't I heard somewhere that the brain is really the main "sex organ?"

Being mentally sane then, having a great and caring and moral and intelligent personality, would seem to be far more relevant to relationships and sex, than actual physical "endowments." Although obviously being more "endowed," seems to help some.

Being some "circus freak," in being "unusually endowed," probably isn't going to help form lasting relationships, all that much.

While some people may think it's their little head that decides when to have sex, obviously that isn't the case. It's their brain that decides to initiate sex and to sire or procreate children. Even many erection disfunctions, may have some component lying with the attitude or the brain? Maybe a mental block, or some disturbing memory of past child abuse or something? But sex is no longer "dirty," if properly procreative in a proper committed marriage relationship, but life-giving and natural, hopefully "overflowing" into more children coming to life.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Re: Being hung with a mental illness. They have no connection with each other. But do you think it affects your ability to attract other people, have sex, form relationships etc?
By the way... I'm bipolar and I think yes.

From what men here have often said, being well endowed does not make it easier to attain or sustain relationships.

Having ANY mental illness, especially depression will of course inhibit your ability to attain and sustain a relationship. :cool: Think about it nobody wants to be around a depressed person. Depending upon the type of manic phase you experience you could either be the life of the party or a raving lunatic. Some people will be attracted to this while others will shy away.

From what I have read, the key seems to be a healthy diet, exercise, a really good cognitive behavior therapist, and medications.

MTHgasm

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From what I have read, the key seems to be a healthy diet, exercise, a really good cognitive behavior therapist, and medications.

Exactly, however that's for very difficult cases. With the more difficult cases it is easy to forget about the effectiveness of coping skills. From time to time, a person may become dependent on the medication to take the pain and awkwardness away but when the meds don't wash away the symptoms; you have to a hobby and a way to stay positive until it passes.

Smooth88,

Many combinations meds have not worked for me but one has made a difference and now that I have been taking it for several years it has been soooooooooooo worth it so I will offer you a recommendation.

Wellbutrin XL or generic: Clincal depression, OCD, PTSD, bipolar disorder
Lamictal: Anti-Anxiety/Bipolar disorder
Seroquel: For helping me keep my thoughts together and insomnia

A person with mental disorders can be a very HAPPY and healthy individual they just have to work harder at it. However, it would seem that a person with mental disorders is just plain crazy, but that it because the person is irresponsible in controlling it/them and rehabilitation.