Being in prison

hans_talhoffer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i did time, when i was sixteen. (dont ask why an underage was sent to prison its a long fuked up story). however nothing sexual happened even though i was was a big target, a skinny white kid, the reason i was able to stay safe was because the juvi's stuck together (u'd be surprised how many juvi's are in adult jail). we took showers togeher, and watch one another's back, even if we didn't like each other we were all vulnerable. when i was locked up i heard plenty of stories, rape happens in jail more than one thinks. you survive by not being stupid and doing shit alone. so yepthats my experience

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lets try to not get fake stories here. I am sure it is not like OZ but how would some LPSG'ers who did time like to tell about there sex expirences. How do str8 guys cope? Do you lie to your friends when you get out? Did ya turn Bitch? Anything good!I can't imagine being str8 and my first encounter with cock is 9x7

Well, gjorg... you're right! it aint all like OZ...more like a hellish nightmare with lots of demons day and night fuckin with you in a cage you can't do nothin about. If you lucky you make it out just half crazy.
Some Str8 guys don't cope well ...and many times don't make it...loosing the mind, body, and soul/spirit.
I really don't lie to my friends about the prison life I had...I just don't tell it all unless it's gonna help keep some one away from prison life...I try to put it all behind me, sorta speak...which is a bad pun to follow with an answer to "did ya turn bitch".
BITCH is a state of mind.
AINT NOTHIN GOOD IN PRISON compared to FREEDOM inspite of.
It's high tech zoo... wrost than animal slavery.
And my friend, stra8 or not, a 9x7 dick will become the least of your worries and what you face daily; and imagination has nothing to do with it
other than imaging the time coming when you might get the hell out of there alive and sane.
FYI= a large % of the popuation (males) are repeaters for jail time.
"Institutionalize" prisoners. They are the most dangerous kind and often will run the prison more so the the warden and guards.
Their attitude is that they have nothin to loose or gain and scared of nothing...not even death and punishments up on them.
But they do and will get a kick breaking you and your spirits down to hell.
it's a kind of society that aint for the weak-minded or faint in heart.
If they don't do it, the guards will.
I like the saying: "I was in prison...the prison wasn't in me."
I don't know what kind of "fake stories" you have heard, but brotha, I can share some with you that you would not even want to think about or experience or repeat...let alone write or dream about.
I'm only willing to PM you some experiences I seen and had, giving some moral standards and respect to me and other brothas that's been there and done that.
Let me know through a PM....Whopper-lee
Word -Up & Peace out.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
However, it is not like it is on TV, and does not happen as often people think unless you are a pedophile.

Why would being a Pedophile make someone think it happens more often in an adult prison? We are not talking JUVE here? Btw are you related to Arliss, no reason just askin?
Pedophiles who are in prison are more likely to be sexually assaulted the same as will happen to child killers They are some of the lowest of the low Peophiles are going to be gone after because they had sexually assaulted children and this is a little prison payback. Many prisons have to keep their sex predators in a seperate area for their own safety (I know it sounds crazy to protect a criminal but thats the law in some places)

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It would be interesting to start a prison thread - ways to fix the system. I think we are wasting a life that many time has already been wasted. But there are good people in prison that mad a mistake.

I think there so many things that can be done.

Rule #1 - You go to prison / jail for the second time and it is worse and more scary than the first time.

Rule #2 - Prisons should be self sufficient. You do not want to work fine; you get bread water and a cot with a sheet. You work your butt off you can have cable and good food.

Rule #3. Allow people to apply to be trustees that build additional prisons and prison space.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
By the way freddie did you read the OP! I does not sound like it. There is nothing there that says rape. I even had to go back and re-read it because it got so off track.
Yes, I read the entire thread including #7. which is quoted below. I did not call you out by name. There were several complaints about this thread. I was asked to close it. I looked back to make sure that it was the OP that mentioned rape. From your quote in post seven, one must assume that rape was at least part of what this thread is about. Until you posted this post every person posted was refering to sex in which the prisoner did not want to participate as never had male to male sex and being scared of the big penis and such.

As far as my comments, my moderator status does not limit my ability to post as a member here. While several people felt like there was some sexual fetish to this thread and it looked that way to me as well, I did not close the thread as several members requested that I do. I stated my opinion and still gave you the benefit of the doubt by not taking any moderator action. I know I was direct in stating my position, but I still stated it as an opionion, not fact. There is a major difference.

Again, no, your opening post did not have the word rape in it. But all posts after that including your own were about rape in prison up until I posted. (I haven't read every post after mine. I will before I leave this thread.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzle

Rape in prisons doesn't happen as often as you'd like to think in Western Civilisation.

I am afraid it does! I know people who have done time. Hell I almost got it in a holding cell for a dog walking incident!

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Rape in prisons doesn't happen as often as you'd like to think in Western Civilisation.

I am afraid it does! I know people who have done time. Hell I almost got it in a holding cell for a dog walking incident!

I don't like to think it happens ,it's not a fantasy of mine. It is a reality and happens at an alarming rate. I know people who have done time and I am not talking rape here but a sexual need. Like "didya flip in the joint".

please kill this thread
Oh why oh why oh why didn't some one listen to this man?
Yes, I read the entire thread including #7. which is quoted below. I did not call you out by name. There were several complaints about this thread. I was asked to close it. I looked back to make sure that it was the OP that mentioned rape. From your quote in post seven, one must assume that rape was at least part of what this thread is about. Until you posted this post every person posted was refering to sex in which the prisoner did not want to participate as never had male to male sex and being scared of the big penis and such.

As far as my comments, my moderator status does not limit my ability to post as a member here. While several people felt like there was some sexual fetish to this thread and it looked that way to me as well, I did not close the thread as several members requested that I do. I stated my opinion and still gave you the benefit of the doubt by not taking any moderator action. I know I was direct in stating my position, but I still stated it as an opionion, not fact. There is a major difference.

Again, no, your opening post did not have the word rape in it. But all posts after that including your own were about rape in prison up until I posted.
Good going there Freddie53 I thought for sure he had mentioned rape and you proved he did. Wonder if he will come clean on that now

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Other members brought up rape first and I was responding. Post 8 clearly say's I am not talking Rape here. BTW I guess there is nothing wrong with the thread "were you ever raped" by another poster? Even tho he is a boob!

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Other members brought up rape first and I was responding. Post 8 clearly say's I am not talking Rape here. BTW I guess there is nothing wrong with the thread "were you ever raped" by another poster? Even tho he is a boob!
Are you saying you are for or against boobs?

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am blocked from here but be careful--u might get raped by a shameless person

solarphallux

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you're genuinely serious about the topic of prison rape, I strongly recommend "Fish: A Memoir of a Boy in a Man's Prison" by T.J. Parsell. It's a rather brutally honest - and I mean that literally - first hand account of the author's time in prison and his history of abuse. He's now an activist working toward putting an end to the "fish" culture that seems endemic to prisons and pennitentaries ("fish" is a prison slang for a young victim who's just entered the prison populace - "fresh fish on the line", as the saying goes)
The book can be rough reading at times, and is very sad as well, although I give a lot of credit to the author for standing up to fight the humiliation he suffered from - from the prisons and the guards and penal system.

For the record - to say that to stay out of prison you just have to stay out of trouble isn't always as clear-cut and defined as you might think.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I got some real stories via PM and prison stories are hardcore horrible. Contrary to some beliefs I was looking for the lite side of male male sex. Some of this shit is downright criminal. I wish I could help but I don't have the resources!!!!

BigFan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Quite frankly, as someone who works in closely with those who both end up in and work in prisons, I hope it is "shitty". I am generally a nice person, but I have little patience for those who go to prison because they disregarded and did not respect the rights of other, who then suddenly become quite verbal and demanding when it comes to their "rights", something I believe they should no longer have.

However, it is not like it is on TV, and does not happen as often people think unless you are a pedophile.

And, there is a difference between high security and regular. Obviously there are high security ones here as well. Regardless, people are the same wherever you go. I can promise you, if it's going to happen in prison here, it's going to happen in prison there.

Originally, I had not intended to say a word until I finished reading this entire thread. The above comments, however, shattered my cool and my silence. Here are some reasons:

I've been to jail. Definitely not the same as prison (to which I've never been), but most people don't seem to get the difference. I've been more than once and am not ashamed to admit it. I'm ashamed that societal laws saw my circumstances as no more than "any other violator", but things could be worse. I DO, on the other hand, accept responsibility for my actions (or the lack thereof, if you wanna look at it that way). You see, I'm intelligent and aware enough to see wrongs on my side of the fence as well as the other. Nonetheless, til now, only people closest to me and those involved with the legalities have ever heard this story. I tell it now in hopes eyes, HEARTS, and MINDS (Wldgirl) will be opened and education can prevail.

When I was 17 and 6 months or so, I bought stereo equipment from a person who stole it. Kick in the head funny part? I had a small get-together to celebrate and "show off." One of the most important guests was my best friend from high-school: turns out the stereo was his father's! Their house had been robbed 2 weeks prior.

He didn't believe I stole it, but he recognized it with certainty. I gave it to him voluntarily and cried for 2 days (in fear of the law, in fear that I would lose my friend, and in realization that I was so damned naive). His dad pressed charges against me, the detectives were "too busy" to look for any "salesman" that I told them about. The judge decided I was just another troublesome black youth (though I had never been in trouble and was one of only two minorities enrolled at my private school where I had an academic scholarship). The prosecuting attorney and judge decided to postpone the trial til I turned 18 so they could prosecute me as an adult (laws weren't what they are now, so you actually had to wait) and convict me of a felony. Their plan worked beautifully.

I was sentenced to the regional jail and served 6 months after good behavior credits were applied. In that time, I gained a felony record, lost the respect of numerous people who didn't know the real deal, lost a decent job, got kicked out by my already "doubting parents," lost a lot of my own self esteem, and got scared the hell out of my damned mind. Those were the major reprecussions that come to mind at that time. But there was more to come....

Here in the Commonwealth of Virginia (different than a State as most are in the US), there are different rules. For one thing (not that this doesn't apply to some States), regardless of your charge or conviction, there ARE court costs in addition to any fines, fees, jail time, community service, or monetary restorations. If you cannot or do not pay the court costs within 90 days, you automatically lose your license to drive. Having served my time, but having exhausted my savings, as well as having lost my job and home, I found myself in a position to decide between paying further societal fees or paying for a place to live and a way to eat.

Just so you know, colleges (I had planned on going to NYU, UVA, or UCLA @ Berkely), employers, and landlords frowned heavily on convicted felons and this was in the wake of the Reagan era of criminal awareness and "reform". That means, to understate severely, my options went from 60 to 60 below faster than I could say "I'm fucked". Worse, I lived in a rural area and my license was suspended since I was in jail during the 90 day period that was established to pay my court costs (which were over $400). You may not be familiar with what that means in Virginia, but it means no public transportation, 30-40 minutes "to town", and a one way cab ride (if you could get one) STARTING at $35 and increasing with mileage and time. So even if I could get a piece of shit job, I basically had no way to get to and from it.

Soon, I found myself wandering the streets between shifts - staying up and just walking around or visiting the University library all night just because I had no where to go or no way to get there. I damn near starved trying to pay costs and maintain myself while doing things the right way. Finally, I decided: Fuck it. I had a car that was just sitting and I made the (illegal) choice to drive. I figured, if I needed, at least I could get to and from work, and sleep in the car. Of course, it was a matter of time til I got caught.

Driving on a suspended license is a crime all across the US and probably anywhere else, far as I know. Having already had a criminal record despite the fact the two were unrelated meant harsher sentencing. I did time in jail again: once, twice, again.... Did it matter anymore? To me, it was obvious that I most certainly did NOT matter. The suck-ass thing was that as politically aware and inclined as I was/am, it was irrelevant. In the Commonwealth of Virginia, felons have no right to vote either.

Anyway.... back to the main topic... Was I raped? No. Was the THREAT of rape presented. Certainly - on more than a few occasions. It was almost a running joke or at least a claim of power amongst those who could make it and not be laughed at. Was there sex involved. Yes. Truthfully, I ended up with a relationship that wasn't ideal, nor what it would have been "on the street", but it did exist and it did continue even after I got out that first time. It was not something glorious, nor something he talked about at all. I was not his "girlfriend," I was a fuck toy, basically - as far as he seemed to express.... applying a little psychology, it was more the fact that he enjoyed some "ass" on the side and that he actually appreciated me and my personality and was deeply affected by me in ways he didn't want to admit or face. Whatever.

After the second time I went to jail, I never did another stint without requesting to be placed in Administrative Segregation. For those of you who don't know, it's basically isolation, or sometimes known as protective custody. Doesn't protect you from the guards though or whomever they choose to allow "access" to you. Whether it's being just stared at, talked shit to, treated like shit, denied treatment other inmates would receive, physically being handled, subjected to ridiculous strip searches for no reason, or anything else... there still was abuse.

Sure, there's no denying that some were kind and even understanding. From one judge to a police seargeant, to other inmates to some jail officials, I've had those who stood up for me. As jail goes, I was even transferred at one point that was more like a country club because of pressure from a lawyer, a guard and a loved one or two. (All of the offenders there were totally misdemeanor and non-violent for those of you who might be saying, "yeah, see, told you they all just sit in there, watch cable, and figure out how to be better criminals." The alternative - my original assignment - was an EXTREMELY violent, shitty, unbelievable hole where I most surely would have been gang-raped or worse. My first night and day there, I slept on the floor, basically under a toilet in a cell built for two yet holding 5!)

So... guess I'm saying: You guys can wonder about jail and rape and prison and fantasize (or not) all you want. It's no damned joke. I'm no hard core person who's done "serious" time (as those who have done "serious" time would tell you). But first of all, Wldgirl, there are those of us who's offenses aren't equal to what you may have in mind when you think of a criminal offhand. Second, there are some circumstances in which racism, sexism, homophobia, or discrimination in other forms play a HUGE part - one which people might not begin to believe contiues to exist in this age. Third, safety is NOT guaranteed in ANY facility of the kind we're discussing here despite what anyone (American, UK, or otherwise) believes. Even when safety IS the major issue, I guaran-damn-tee you that it's the safety of JAIL or PRISON personnel that ranks highest.

Don't know what to tell you guys... That's my story. If I've left things unclear, please ask BUT DON'T ATTACK. I've tried to be as brutally honest as I can despite the fact I really don't even care to lose the "respect" of strangers such as you are. The facts are more important than my feelings. And thus far, I seem to be the only one with any first-hand experience - who's talking, anyway. (Though I'm sure I'm not the only one.)

Rape is not the predominate issue that should be focused on. It is the injustice (from the accusatory to the post-release phases) that should be addressed and considered. Legislation and societal ignorances and pre-dispensations need to be corrected and/or ammended for the safety of inmates, jail/prison staffers, as well as other citizens. Something like rape is only a (possible, albeit serious) symptom of the greater illness of insufficiency.

BigFan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
this was a stupd thread.......there is already a similiar one..use that please..but kill this one lol:biggrin1:

I haven't read the similar/previous thread yet, Arliss. For some reason though (well, from having read some of your wiser posts - and the fact that I think you're wicked cute, I confess :redface: ), I surely hope you won't judge me poorly, or find me to be a shameless negro. It's my hope, in fact, that you will render your opinion. No doubt, you will be honest and succinct. I look forward to it.