Being lonely and unloved: Another poem

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Smooth88, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    I wrote another "poem" please tell me what you think.

It must be nice to be wanted....
    It would be nice to feel that warm and fuzzy feeling inside where you know
    That someone wants you
    Someone that gives you the time of day
    A loving voice that says hi once every so often
    It must be nice to have someone want to be happy with you
    Unfortunately i spend most of my days alone wandering through my brain
    Waiting for someone
    Anyone to call
    Anyone to instant message
    Waiting for someone to notice you for the right reasons
    You hope and hope and hope but nobody ever listens
    It must be to love and love back
    I love and it ends up being for no reason
    It must be nice to have your feelings returned
    Something real and true and not contrived
    When you pick flowers its always you love me not
    It must be nice to not walk alone in the world and always have something To look forward to
    Is it possible that I try too hard
    To make people feel good and be happy
    Is it possible that I may never find what I really want
    Is it true what they say
    I'm unapproachable
    I'm Unlovable
    That no one wants to be around me
    That I'll never be good enough
    That I don't have what it takes
    I'm a guy that has a lot to offer
    But no one will ever see
    They'll only see the baggage
    All I want is one chance
    A chance that no one will give me
    It must be nice to have a chance
    It must be nice to know that someone cares.
    It must be nice to know someone loves you.
    it must be nice to know I can be loved in spite of all of my deficiencies
    It must be nice...

Please tell me what you guys think.

I really need help.

2. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Never underestamte the power of wrtting down your feelings in a poem. It can be the best and at times the only way to physically get some of the darkest feeling out of you and safe held within a page.

It can be a very worth while and even cathartic thing for one to do.

Well, certainly was for me a few years back.

3. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    *pets Rugbypup*

Thank you. I just don't want to be alone forever.

4. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    No one does I guess. I often wonder if I will be though. I don't have much to offer anyone and often seriously doubt anyone would even really be interested in me but there seems to be a small hope in me somewhere that I might find someone one day.

I have however, reached the point where I'm not making any kinda plan for it though. I wouldn't really know how to handle it even if someone did, lol. Nah, all my future plans exclude the 'other half' element and if it happens, it happens and will probably be only short lived anyways, lol.

I do get tiered of living in a perpetual Monday morning though.

5. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Good morning, Smooth.

I just read your words and I'm moved. Being alone has seemed to take a toll on your because your efforts have been so heavy. Have you ever considered the fact that you are trying to love the wrong person? You should try loving yourself more. Love the hell out of yourself and focus your mind on what you're supposed to be doing instead of what you would like to be doing. Through that behavior, I think that you'll be blessed with that warm and fuzzy feeling that you're looking for. Looking for love is not the right way to go. Being patient for it to come to you is a far better road to travel.

When you put your efforts on someone that isn't feeling you, that can dampen your spirit. Don't do that to yourself. Use every minute to make yourself better and when you're love finds you, that shit will take off in the right direction and it will easy. You'll enjoy that fall. So, hold you own hand, compliment yourself, wine & dine Smooth and you'll eventually have perfection blowing your cell phone up. Peace:cool:

6. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    I'm trying to constantly make myself better and love myself more but it's really, really hard. I know it's really good to try and love but I never get my feelings returned no matter how hard i try and it really hurts. I'm co-dependant so I need other people to feel good about me to help me feel good. And it gets very hard to build healthy relationships. And then of course I get attracted to taken girls. I just want to be important people. Wanted and needed. And no one does and it makes me feel sad.

7. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You need to shake that codependency thing. Waiting for other people to give you what you need in your life is a guaranteed ticket straight to insanity. Look for your inner strength. That may be why you can't find anyone. Independence is a sexy quality. Try playin' hard to get, first with yourself. Create something mysterious about yourself. Don't just fall into infatuation and love so quickly. It's doesn't work like that. You have got to change something about what you're doing or you'll never be happy. You want to be happy. Then, you make yourself happy. When you appear to be content and satisfied with yourself, someone else will find you extremely interesting. They'll be looking for something from you to fill a void within themselves.

8. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    I understand. It's hard. There's this girl I really like and I've been friends with her for so long and she's taken and I fall into this cycle of girls who are taken and I don't know what to do. I've never had a very healthy relationship with anyone so it's really hard and I have a harder time meeting people and it takes me a long time to get comfortable with people. And I'm afraid people can't love me and accept me for who I am. Being a severe bipolar, possibly slightly autistic, abused, and a co-dependent. I have been left before because of this and haven't had anyone significant in years.

9. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Smooth, I empathize with you completely. You have some personal and private issues that you need to address in your life. You might want to look into seeking counseling for someone with the issues that you have to deal with. Going through a growing stage like you need to will be a lot easier if you are not alone. A professional in this area will be the best bet--not just someone that you know. A qualified person with instruction in seeing you through.

And search your mind for the qualities that you want in a woman instead of a particular woman. You're young, and so am I. Youth can be hard at times but well worth it. You'll miss it after it's gone, especially if you can't find a way to enjoy it. I want you to read one of my favorite books if you feel up to the challenge. It's title is "Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison. It tells a story of a young man's journey without an identity that has to struggle to get through societal and personal dilemmas. It's a great story and I think that you wil get a lot out of it. Good luck, keep your head up, and remember YOU.

10. B_boynextdoorkpt

B_boynextdoorkpt New Member

That is a wonderful poem, I wish there was something I could do to help, but if its worth anything, I am here to listen to you.
    Landon

Draft saved Draft deleted