Being Rejected by your "type"

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wonder if anyone else in here has encountered this:

I've spoken before about the fact that I prefer white men to any other type of guys, but my consistent problem has been that I'm hard pressed to find white men who are into me. I sometimes think that my standards may be a little above what I can attain, but I get frustrated when I'm totally into a person and they almost scoff at the fact that I displayed interest in them.

Am I the only one out there that suffers from loving something that doesn't love me back?

I can't be...can I?

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I wonder if anyone else in here has encountered this:

I've spoken before about the fact that I prefer white men to any other type of guys, but my consistent problem has been that I'm hard pressed to find white men who are into me. I sometimes think that my standards may be a little above what I can attain, but I get frustrated when I'm totally into a person and they almost scoff at the fact that I displayed interest in them.

Am I the only one out there that suffers from loving something that doesn't love me back?

I can't be...can I?

No, It's just the two of us. Maybe we just need to stop liking white guys. . . .

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Despite how it may sometimes appear :)biggrin1:), my standards are pretty high - I've been rejected by people I approach far, far more often than I haven't.

*shrug* Doesn't stop me trying, and I don't see why it should. (It took me a while to realise that.)

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think it happens a lot, man.

On the other hand, there are some people who subconsiously seek out certain "types" BECAUSE they're unavailable ...

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I am sorry you guys get hurt. I tend to be drawn more towards personalities. I do find certain types physically attractive but you have to draw me with your personality. A kind heart, tender strength, and a good sense of humor are tops in my book. An average looking person with those qualities is hot to me. A super good looking person without those qualities is a Zero to me.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am sorry you guys get hurt. I tend to be drawn more towards personalities. I do find certain types physically attractive but you have to draw me with your personality. A kind heart, tender strength, and a good sense of humor are tops in my book.

Oh. You must be an incredibly hot white guy. Your avatar threw me off. I was gonna say, "I've never been rejected by a hijinks causing monkey before?"

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think there's a difference between rejection and someone simply saying no. To me you can only reject someone that you really know and who really knows you, a relative stranger saying no can't be viewed as a rejection because they don't know enough about you to reject you.

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think there's a difference between rejection and someone simply saying no. To me you can only reject someone that you really know and who really knows you, a relative stranger saying no can't be viewed as a rejection because they don't know enough about you to reject you.

So they aren't rejecting me. They're just not attracted to me? Right?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rejection sort of carries with it some implication that you're substandard, not being someone's type doesn't have that implication, they're just saying no you don't suit them not that you've somehow failed.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Maybe, you guys should start making friends with people first. Then, see where it goes from there. I can't fool around with someone I don't love. To me, casual sex is way over-rated. It has to have an emotional connecton for me or I don't want it. I am sure you guys know how to take care of your needs. You've been doing it for most of your life now. :wink:

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Rejection sort of carries with it some implication that you're substandard...quote]

I'm talking about rejection, not not being someone's type. I'm talking about disrespect without provocation and worse with provocation.

I'm not someone who looks for the unattainable, but it seems that my type is something unattainable for me.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm talking about rejection, not not being someone's type. I'm talking about disrespect without provocation and worse with provocation.

I'm not someone who looks for the unattainable, but it seems that my type is something unattainable for me.

How well I know...

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rejection sort of carries with it some implication that you're substandard...quote]

Wow,

This sounds like a thread from a couple of years ago about preferences. I dont konw exactly your type or how you approach them but you are seeking a limited market from jumpstreet added to the fact that you are actively seeking someone not of your own race or ethnicity. If I were you I would look on sites that specifically cater to who you are interested in meeting. That way you will have an automatic edge towards people who are seeking the same things you are seeking. I hope this is helpful. I am sorry you have been rejected. I hope things look up for you.