Being single

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
1. My bills are my own.
2. I don't have to worry about anyone else's mess: cleanliness, financial, emotional, etc.
3. I have the apartment to myself whenever I want. My home is my Temple.
4. If I want to drink, smoke pot, party, and stay out all night there is no one to wave a finger of disapproval at me.
5. I don't have to put up with another person getting drunk, high, and staying out to all hours of the night.
6. I'm available to my friends and family at a moment's notice if they need me and I want to be there for them.
7. I don't have to worry about someone else's hang ups, "quirks," complexes, or insanity.
8. My money is my money.
9. I decide how I want to live my life on my own time and on my own terms.
10. I can explore who I am on my own with my own unique perspective going on internal and external adventures that reveal who I am at my core without the interference or influence of another person. And there is no way to do this the same way when you have a partner. It's impossible, sorry. Being partnered is ontologically different. Your perspective changes, and it should. It's just different. One state isn't better than the other. Each is its own unique path.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I ever want to sit nekkid on the bed with a wine cooler and a pepperoni pizza, at the end of a long week there is nobody to tell me not to do that. :biggrin1:

Oh, let me tell you, with the right guy, that is even more fun... especially if it's not the salami on the pizza that you go searching afterwards ;-)

I've been single for most of my life, except for short episodes. One of the advantages I've found out there definitely is that you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, as most have already stated. Restrictions from official duty aside, there was absolutely nothing speaking against hitting all the bars with a girlfriend until sunrise, nothing against flopping on my couch first thing after I come home and turn up the stereo until someone pounds against the wall.

Most thing I liked that wouldn't have been possible is the travel around the world I did, just weeks after I had retired. It wasn't even out of a suitcase, I only travelled from one place to another, bought clothes when I needed them, stayed as long or as short as I wanted and then went on. With a partner, that wouldn't have been as easy, and I consider that the best experience of my life.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

The worst thing about being single is that you're never surprised when you open the refrigerator.