Being suicidal...

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
Hey All...

Bipolar sure is not fun is it. I attempt to look at it as a blessing rather thn a curse. I have been blessed with this disorder. It is up to me how to deal with the blessing. Viewing as a blessing forces a fundamental change in attitude and how we deal. Being so blessed as given me many opportunities and challenges...like how do I get up in the morning and keep moving.

Do an online search for mood charts, bipolar mood charts etc and you will get several charts. Find one you like and use it. The secret is to do it, and keep track of your life. The ones I have found are PDF and do not allow you use your computer to complete and save...get a pdf file converter and convert to a word doc. and you will be able to complete and save.

Good luck with your blessing.

Questions, feel free to email me with a retuen email address.

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
when i was 18 I felt that way and I felt I had something to live up to. I waited out the hard times

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have no idea what will happen in the future, or even whether I have a future .

Hey I've felt that way before. See my signature (phrase coined by Bob Dylan)... kind of clever yet sick if you really feel that way. Your pacman score is pretty unbeatable. To the OP, pm me before you do anything drastic because I can probably relate. At least challenge me...

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote=naughty;755221]. Also so often because depression is not even recognized or accepted by the person who has it or even others who are around them, they dont know how it looks . What may look to just be an anger problem, can be a signal that the depression is deepening.[/quote]

I agree a sense of perspective can be hard to achieve at times. I feel that that people who are feeling suicidal are people who are suffering a huge amount of pain, or emotional numbness, in some cases.

I feel the point that needs to be understood is that people don't actually want to take their own lives, as much as feel they are running out of ways to try and end the suffering, and pain they feel. We are social animals, and are not always that healthy if we feel isolated, and disconnected from the people who should be supporting us.

In a more humorous analysis it has been said that some people really ought to consider killing someone else rather than themselves, if they are feeling suicidal. Well I am not advising homocide, merely pointing out that often people who are feeling suicidal could quite simply be much better off if they can access support to stand up to (or get away from) the bullies, and controlling people who have turned their lives into a living hell.

Many of us will (according to the research) experience mental health issues at some point (typically depression, or anxiety). There is no shame in this, they are very normal/typical responses to situations we can find ourselves in at times.

Although one may feel alone it is important to logically know there are people not that far away who do care, and simple steps that can be taken to get help.

col

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hey I've felt that way before. See my signature (phrase coined by Bob Dylan)... kind of clever yet sick if you really feel that way. Your pacman score is pretty unbeatable.

Sorry for the very late reply! Yes, I channelled my rage into that Pacman game! :smile:

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Dear OP:

I suffer from bipolar disorder. Just reading a few of your posts it sounds as if you may be experiencing some mania, along with some bouts of depression. I urge you to seek some professional help. I could be wrong, and hope I am...but if left undiagnosed and untreated manic depressive cycles can ruin your life. If you don't have any insurance, I'm sure there are free clinics or maybe a community services board that can help you. There is plenty of help out there, just do a search in your area and CALL THEM. Trust me, your entire life will change once you are treated (if that is what's going on). Just remember you are not alone, and there is nothing to be ashamed or worried about. Mental illness is just like any other diesease, not something you can help, but something that can be treated. Good luck, PM me anytime if you want to talk, and keep us posted.

(((hugs))) - CG

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For people in the USA

Call 1-800-suicide

or..check the inside cover of your phone book, call 911 and they will connect you with a Crisis Counselor at the local hotline

I've been volunteering at a crisis line for the past 20 years

Two of my closest cousins have repeatedly tried to kill themselves..
Please, when ever you have thoughts, need someone to listen to you..pick up the phone and call..it's sanctuary..everything is confidential..you don't have to use your real name or even give out your name