Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
hey guys im going to get tested soon and i was just wondering what to expect when i get there im going to be tested for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia and what they said is a routine check for hep and HIV.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Funny, i literally just got off the phone with the clinic scheduling an STD screening. Expect a swab up your pee hole and a blood test for the hep and HIV part.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and im guessing they dont let you do the swabbing? and i kinda guessed the blood part.

lol nope. I remember my first time, i had a female nurse, she pulled out a swab and said, "do you know what im doing with this?" i said "swabbing my mouth?" she said "Nope, guess again" I said ":eek: dammit"

brinzaulsschwul

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi Beanie

Make your appointment at the sexual health clinic, (it's at Cardiff Royal Infirmary 02920 472244) - you only have to give your first name and true date of birth. The clinic will then give you a clinic number and these are the data that identifies you and your file. It's best to get an MOT at the sexual health clinic because your records are not discoverable by mortgage and pension companies. If you get sorted at your GP the notes are discoverable.

You asked how often you should go, well we say once a year minimum, if you're having lots of sex with different partners go more often. If you only have sex with boyfriends, then after each relationship ends and before you start a new relationship.

So at the clinic you will be tested for Hepatitis B and given your first Hep B vaccination.

When you phone for your test results they will tell you what your Hep B status is and whether you have to complete the course of Hep B vaccinations 2 more injections. Some people have natural immunity and don't require the vaccination.

As for the other tests, you will have a blood test for Hep B, syphilis and HIV

You will be given swab tests for gonorrhoea in the urethra, throat and rectum

For Chlamydia you will have to do urine test for chlamydia in the urethra and swab tests in the throat and rectum

The staff will also look over for warts and herpes.

Oh one more thing, no need to be embarrassed, they have seen more cock and balls than you have had hot dinners! and you have nothing we have not seen before.

Finally, there are some dirty people in the world who think it is funny not to wash before attending the clinic - it really is quite horrible to deal with dirty smelly cock and arse -so please make sure you are nice and clean

Brinz

PS - there is NO SUCH THING AS THE UMBRELLA ok

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The urethral swab is like a tiny little cotton bud. Feels unusual, but not painful. Nothing to be scared of. They might ask you to squeeze your head to open the piss-hole. I have more trouble with the throat-swab - it always makes me gag!

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
hey all thanks very much for all the information especially off of brinz but then again its your job right? i have already made an appointment at somewhere a little closer to home than cardiff so thats already sorted thank you very much anyway. i didnt realise so much when into it, but i suppose they have to be 'thorough' :-/

im a little worried to tell you the truth but that does not mean i will no follow through with it and i know it wasnt your intentions but hey, somethings just have to be done right.

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
oh and brinz, i dont mean to sound like a stupid 20 y/o here but why wouldnt i want pension and mortgage companies knowing my STD status? i mean i dont really want any one to know other than me and who it concerns like boyfriends etc. why would they even want to find that info?

LongRod

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Brinz,

You make a very valid and important point about test results not being picked up by mortagage companies and pension companies. Most people don't realize the hardships which one can experince if that information gets in the wrong database. I didn't know about it until a friend who worked at an insurance company made me aware of those databases. In the USA, there is a MIBS ( Medical Insurance Bureau) database that is shared by insurance companies. Once information gets in the database it stays for life and you can be excluded on all sorts of benefits. If a medical discovery is made and a person is rejected for one insurance policy (ie: AIDS, Cancer, terminal disease, even high blood pressure) that information is shared among insurance companys and the individual can't get life insurance, medical insurance from any company. Likewise, the person probably can't get a mortgage or other things being applied for. They are viewed as a high risk and they get turned down for many things.

Scary............my friend at the insurance company had a relative come to her because she couldn't get insurance from any company. The reason was the MIBS database go wind of the fact the applicant was seeing a psychatrist. Apparently, when the medical records sent into the insurance company, the medical office just photo copied the patient file and sent it in. Everything the patient told her doctor was sent to the insurance company and it was input in the MIBS database. So.....whatever she said to her doctor to get a referal to see a psychartrist was taken a fact and she was classified as a high risk candidate and rejected for life insurance again and again.

brinzaulsschwul

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Beanie

Sorry matey, I've been away and not online. As LongRod says some companies will not want to insure you or load your premiums. They not supposed to but.....

As for GUM clinic that is the same as sexual health. GUM means Genito Urinary Medicine and they are anonymous. Remember what I said above, you only have to give your first name, true date of birth and they might ask for your post code

Remember to hold your pee for 2 hours before as well.

Don't worry about going I know it's your first time and that one is always the worst, once you get into the routine of going at least once a year you will be fine. As I said before we really not concerned about what you got in your pants, we have seen more cock and balls than you have had hot dinners!! ok so stop worrying.

once you have had it done, you will be able to let us all know how easy it was and you might even do some good sexual health promotion by getting others to go too!

Brinz

DaKid23

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
question: how do i find clinics in my area? just search sexual health clinics? or could i go to a normal doctor appointment and then go from there? thanks

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
like some one said on here, the best way to do it would probably be online. that how i found mine. if you go thought your normal doctor then it will end on your normal medical records, to which insurance companies and the like have access to. for more information, read all the posts in this thread.

oh and brinz im sure i will have a good talk with my single mates about getting tested, after all its common sense.