Being Told At Work to Wear Underwear?

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A few months ago we had a staff meeting and our boss (who is female) said that she feels it is needed to remind the male staff to wear underwear when at work, especially if wearing shorts. She then made a comment of how she recalled one male staff and how distracting it was seeing his goods thru his shorts when he was sitting down.

This is the first time this has ever happened in my work experience. I always wear underwear, but she got me so paranoid that i won't even wear boxers to work.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Whaaaa? hmm something about what she said doesn't exactly sit right with me.....I mean....isn't that some sort of sexual harassment or discrimination or something like that?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
no, it's sexual harassment for your genitilia to be on display. she was perfectly correct in what she said and made a wonderful point because, intentional or not, it's entirely unprofessional to have your junk on display at work, and some pervs actually set it up that way.

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and thats why this story is a heaping pile of BULLSHIT. Have a nice night.
Wear underwear at work. its a frigging business for christs sake. But maybe in canada, you can sue due to "no underpants discrimination"

Unless you work for a gym, give us a break.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
It is inappropriate. If a male boss were to make a comment about women wearing bras, he would have been hauled in front of HR so quickly with an allegation of sexually offensive language against him.

The appropriate course of action is to discretely take the employee aside. Actually, under the circumstances, it's better to just ignore the activity unless the employee is exposing himself on purpose, in which case, it's a criminal offense.

LuvMensCocks

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Unless your junk is hanging out in plain view, What does it matter. You are entitled to wear whatever you want. What about the women at work that wear their tits pushed all the way up to their chin. If a man were to say something like that, They would scream harrassment.

Society is so two faced. What is ok for some would be considered racist or sexist to others. Take a look at some of the networks, Again ok for some, But would not be acceptable for others.

Marley, do you actually believe all the shit you write. Every one has an ulterior motive, That is what you think.. Going commando is normal and if you have the tackle, as long as it is contained, there should'nt be a problem.

Media
When I was managing a telecommunications office, I had an employee that was not all there. She lived out of her car, etc. I felt badly for her and kept her on the evening shifts after business hours.

Things were fine until her mental issues began worsen, she went days without bathing and for a while slept in her car. Her hair became knotted in the back to the point where it looked like one solid dreadlock.

I won't even go into how she would bathe her arms in Pine Sol before sitting down to work.

Long story short, I pulled her aside and basically had to tell her if she didn't bathe, get her hair cut and stop with the Pine Sol, I would continue to write her up until dismissal was the only option.

Sometimes bosses are forced into these things because of the employees inability for whatever reason to use common sense.

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
going commando isn't a big deal AS LONG AS YOUR GENITILIA ISN'T SHOWING. i think that was the focal point of what she was saying. i agree with you that as long as its contained, nothing's wrong with going commando but obviously she said what she said because someone wasn't contained. i'm sure she'd have had the same talk if someone made a complaint about a female employee didn't wear a bra and everyone could see her nipples. i'm surprised you guys don't realize how unprofessional it is to have your genitilia showing. on here its fun to talk about but it DOES NOT belong in the workplace.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
I am interpreting the OP to mean the male employee may not have been wearing underwear and had a VPL. The material of the shorts still covers the genitalia.

If the male employee was "exposed", then clearly that is a public offense. In such a case, the boss should discretely pull the employee aside and request that he be careful not to expose himself in the future.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i'm interpreting the meeting as either it's a problem with several employees or she was uncomfortable singling someone out so made a general statement, this would also eradicate future incidents so a meeting seems fairly appropriate,

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unless your junk is hanging out in plain view, What does it matter. You are entitled to wear whatever you want. What about the women at work that wear their tits pushed all the way up to their chin. If a man were to say something like that, They would scream harrassment.

Society is so two faced. What is ok for some would be considered racist or sexist to others. Take a look at some of the networks, Again ok for some, But would not be acceptable for others.

Marley, do you actually believe all the shit you write. Every one has an ulterior motive, That is what you think.. Going commando is normal and if you have the tackle, as long as it is contained, there should'nt be a problem.

OK. go to work tomorrow in a mesh top and a thong. Then you can have an excuse to drain taxpayers for paying your unemployment. Good luck with that.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A few months ago we had a staff meeting and our boss (who is female) said that she feels it is needed to remind the male staff to wear underwear when at work, especially if wearing shorts. She then made a comment of how she recalled one male staff and how distracting it was seeing his goods thru his shorts when he was sitting down.

Sorry folks... she has no authority to define nor determine what you are wearing under your clothing.

She did not say the guy's junk was hanging out... she said she could see his junk THRU his shorts?

Either the shorts were painted on, they were too white and too thin to provide actual visual cover... or she has a vivid imagination.

The proper response is top simply ask her how she intend to police such an order without incurring a sexual harassment suit.

If some employer was stupid enough to accuse me if "not wearing underwear"

I would tell he to her face to provide PROOF of her assertion that I was not, or to shut the fuck up.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry folks... she has no authority to define nor determine what you are wearing under your clothing.

She did not say the guy's junk was hanging out... she said she could see his junk THRU his shorts?

Either the shorts were painted on, they were too white and too thin to provide actual visual cover... or she has a vivid imagination.

The proper response is top simply ask her how she intend to police such an order without incurring a sexual harassment suit.

If some employer was stupid enough to accuse me if "not wearing underwear"

I would tell he to her face to provide PROOF of her assertion that I was not, or to shut the fuck up.

i see where you're coming from, although it seems a catch 22, how do you tell male employees that their genitilia is showing without constituting harassment?? perhaps the underwear comment was a bit uncalled for, but it was probably her first time handling such a problem and it is definitely a problem to have your dick and balls on display. except for you phil, i've actually been meaning to talk to you about your workplace attire, i feel like you're not showing enough bulge and recommend you switch to boxers, the loose material gives your genitals more room to swing around as you walk past my office.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
if so, it is in poor taste for her to do so publicly. Again, think of the consequences if a male supervisor made such a statement about women wearing bras in a meeting. He would be in front of H-R so quickly, on the verge of dismissal.

If a man is (accidentally) exposing himself, then he should be called on it in private. If it's simply a matter of a VPL (= visible penis line), then it should go unreferenced.

As an aside, I believe that the supervisor is more at risk for a liability than the employee for making what can be construed as an unprofessional remark. The supervisors comments were inappropriate in a public forum because it's a distraction from the real purpose of the meeting. Very few employees would know of "the VPL problem" if she had not pointed it out. Her efforts will most likely backfire.
i'm interpreting the meeting as either it's a problem with several employees or she was uncomfortable singling someone out so made a general statement, this would also eradicate future incidents so a meeting seems fairly appropriate,

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
if so, it is in poor taste for her to do so publicly. Again, think of the consequences if a male supervisor made such a statement about women wearing bras in a meeting. He would be in front of H-R so quickly, on the verge of dismissal.

you're speaking hypothetically. again it's a catch 22, how do you tell a female employee that her nipples are on constant display without constituting harassment.

actually most work-places have guidelines about attire and i personally think that, if executed properly and professionally, there is nothing wrong with a male employee telling a female that her attire needs modification. there's a difference between saying "your wardrobe is causing disturbances in the office" and "hey everybody can't stop staring at your rack, put a bra on". this is a legit problem, as would a female employee who's nipples were visible would be a problem. it's not the fact that you address the problem that's an issue, it's HOW you address it.

it's entirely inappropriate to have your genitilia showing at work, and i beg to hear how you'd handle such a situation??

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always wear underwear, but she got me so paranoid that i won't even wear boxers to work.
L.M.A.O.! Boxers can be revealing if your pants or shorts are made from thin material. As long as your pants or shorts aren't too tight, I'd wear the boxers anyway. The underwear police can't say anything because you're following the rules.