Believe in ghosts?

D

deleted3782

I can't believe I've never posted here, I probably wanted to avoid looking odd for believing in ghosts. Somewhere else, on this site, I think I've addressed the ghost I issue. I won't review, but I will say I live in a very old house that has long been said to be haunted. I've had enough things go on that I believe in ghosts...and if any big-dicked guy doesn't believe me, we'll he can just come and stay a night and experience it himself.

Any takers? Ya...I thought not...

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Aww if its you, I can hold you tight and tuck you into bed...:kiss: :newangel:
Ha!! :tongue:

if any big-dicked guy doesn't believe me, we'll he can just come and stay a night and experience it himself.

Any takers? Ya...I thought not...
LOL! That sounds like a perfectly reasonable offer. :smile:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, I don't believe in ghosts. Without dwelling on the concept of an afterlife, the fact that no-one ever claims to have seen a Neanderthal or elephant ghost says it all.

If it's possible for a spirit to 'live-on' after death, where are all the ancient people? How many people have claimed to see the ghost of an Iron Age farmer? People always see the ghost of a dead relative, or someone as old as the house/area they live in. In other words, they see what seems logical - but it's actually illogical when you think about it. If I came back as a ghost, I would make the most of my invisibility and go on a world cruise for free - not walk around my old house for eternity. However, even if you accept that a ghost is tied to a particular place - an ancient farmer probably grazed his sheep on that land. Yet, he apparently left when the stereotypical, chain-rattling Victorian gent decided to haunt the house that was built on the same land. Some would say that because people have claimed to see ghosts at all, their existence is confirmed - which would certainly prove them capable of interaction with the world of the living. Despite that ability to interact, though - even the supposed spirits of murdered people won't name their killer. Instead, they decide to leave only cryptic messages and riddles. They could confirm that there's an afterlife and answer many fundamental questions easily, but they never do.

If humans can return in ghost-form, it's logical that all living things can do the same. Personally, I feel cheated that I've yet to see the ghost of a dinosaur. Even if it rarely makes itself visible, it would be pretty hard to miss. If a human ghost can make something move, or make a noise - imagine what a dino-ghost could do! :eek: It could flip a car, pick up a cow and roar like a... well, a dinosaur. :tongue:

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sometimes when I'm in a deep sleep it feels like I'm separated from my body and I walk the earth.
Everywhere I go there seems to be people waiting.
They wait in malls, airports, schools, anywhere large so that it can accommodate all the people waiting.
They just sit there, some talk and hang out in groups, some just sit there alone.
Several times I've seen my deceased wife with what seems to be family.
There are children too.
I have no Idea what they're waiting for but they are always there and they are always waiting.
Do I believe in ghosts, you tell me.

C.

Matt_x

Legendary Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No, I don't believe in ghosts. Without dwelling on the concept of an afterlife, the fact that no-one ever claims to have seen a Neanderthal or elephant ghost says it all.

If it's possible for a spirit to 'live-on' after death, where are all the ancient people? How many people have claimed to see the ghost of an Iron Age farmer? People always see the ghost of a dead relative, or someone as old as the house/area they live in. In other words, they see what seems logical - but it's actually illogical when you think about it. If I came back as a ghost, I would make the most of my invisibility and go on a world cruise for free - not walk around my old house for eternity. However, even if you accept that a ghost is tied to a particular place - an ancient farmer probably grazed his sheep on that land. Yet, he apparently left when the stereotypical, chain-rattling Victorian gent decided to haunt the house that was built on the same land. Some would say that because people have claimed to see ghosts at all, their existence is confirmed - which would certainly prove them capable of interaction with the world of the living. Despite that ability to interact, though - even the supposed spirits of murdered people won't name their killer. Instead, they decide to leave only cryptic messages and riddles. They could confirm that there's an afterlife and answer many fundamental questions easily, but they never do.

If humans can return in ghost-form, it's logical that all living things can do the same. Personally, I feel cheated that I've yet to see the ghost of a dinosaur. Even if it rarely makes itself visible, it would be pretty hard to miss. If a human ghost can make something move, or make a noise - imagine what a dino-ghost could do! :eek: It could flip a car, pick up a cow and roar like a... well, a dinosaur. :tongue:

That was funny ^ You have to realise that their are many myths and legends regarding animal ghosts. I think there is a show on Animal Planet that has paranormal cases regarding animal entities. The ones I have heard about (not on the show) are horses that gallop past the street but you can never hear them further after they pass through your house. A dog in a cementary with big glowing red eyes and chains dragging as he strolled through. Of course these are just stories and myths that rarely have exposure.

The ancient ghosts have been claimed and rumored to still be fighting a war depending on the venue of course but hauntings only have been recorded on extreme death or trauma cases where the spirit cannot find peace and resorts to haunting the living. I have yet to meet a medium and I'm wondering if they are really the real deal. Hmm regarding the dino roar? Just as a comedy attempt it could be those infamous yeti/sasquatch calls..:rolleyes:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That was funny ^ You have to realise that their are many myths and legends regarding animal ghosts. I think there is a show on Animal Planet that has paranormal cases regarding animal entities. The ones I have heard about (not on the show) are horses that gallop past the street but you can never hear them further after they pass through your house. A dog in a cementary with big glowing red eyes and chains dragging as he strolled through. Of course these are just stories and myths that rarely have exposure.

The ancient ghosts have been claimed and rumored to still be fighting a war depending on the venue of course but hauntings only have been recorded on extreme death or trauma cases where the spirit cannot find peace and resorts to haunting the living. I have yet to meet a medium and I'm wondering if they are really the real deal. Hmm regarding the dino roar? Just as a comedy attempt it could be those infamous yeti/sasquatch calls..:rolleyes:
I watched an episode of a series called 'Finding Bigfoot' a few nights ago. They were crawling on the ground to replicate the movements of a sasquatch and howling in the middle of a dark forest, hoping for a reply. :tongue: I found it funny. At one point, they heard a twig snap after howling and insisted that it was Bigfoot moving towards/away from them. I imagine it was an angry squirrel, who was trying to sleep. :tongue:

Matt_x

Legendary Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I watched an episode of a series called 'Finding Bigfoot' a few nights ago. They were crawling on the ground to replicate the movements of a sasquatch and howling in the middle of a dark forest, hoping for a reply. :tongue: I found it funny. At one point, they heard a twig snap after howling and insisted that it was Bigfoot moving towards/away from them. I imagine it was an angry squirrel, who was trying to sleep. :tongue:

Or Bambi trying to get some sleep.:rolleyes:

Back to the thread topic I have experienced someone grabbing my shoulder at the movie theaters hall. Never knew what it was looked behind me; no one there. I have good peripheral vision so it wasn't someone messing with me. Later that night a scratch was visible before heading to the shower. :confused:

D

deleted3782

I think a ghost is like an echo of energy or an event that resonates in a space or place, and gets fainter over time (which explains why MoT has never seen a dinosaur ghost). If a person has a repetitive act, or an intense action occurs, I think the memory of that experience can be replicated or concentrated. Many of my ghost experiences include a feeling that Im not along (I know...touchy-feely), or an animal seems to react to a presence that I or someone else can't see, or a shadow...footsteps...or touch. Most often these occur in old houses, where i can sometimes sense that something sad, or angry, or bad happened there at some time. It's rare, but these things have happened to me.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think a ghost is like an echo of energy or an event that resonates in a space or place, and gets fainter over time (which explains why MoT has never seen a dinosaur ghost). If a person has a repetitive act, or an intense action occurs, I think the memory of that experience can be replicated or concentrated. Many of my ghost experiences include a feeling that Im not along (I know...touchy-feely), or an animal seems to react to a presence that I or someone else can't see, or a shadow...footsteps...or touch. Most often these occur in old houses, where i can sometimes sense that something sad, or angry, or bad happened there at some time. It's rare, but these things have happened to me.
Does that mean I won't get to play with a dino-ghost? :frown1: They can keep the chain-rattlers - bring back the dinosaurs! The spirit-world needs to get its priorities straight. :tongue:

D

deleted3782

I believe you! My other half has explained very similar experiences. I have never had this happen. Can I still come and spend the night?

Haha sure! Both of you!

People ask me how I live where I do, and I just tell them I'm used to it. I don't feel endangered at home...I feel like the ghost is just discontented or lost. I feel bad for her.

Matt_x

Legendary Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Haha sure! Both of you!

People ask me how I live where I do, and I just tell them I'm used to it. I don't feel endangered at home...I feel like the ghost is just discontented or lost. I feel bad for her.

Call upon a succubus or ask her to :tongue:...

I too have lived in a house that once was said that the Ouija board was played. Some of the nastiest growls I have ever heard coming out of that room. Funny thing only happened when someone is alone. The closest they came in contact with me was when I couldn't wake from a sleep but yet I could only feel my face get instantly cold.

Might be asking more than you could handle NudeY some spirits follow beyond the first experience.

Matt_x

Legendary Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Does that mean I won't get to play with a dino-ghost? :frown1: They can keep the chain-rattlers - bring back the dinosaurs! The spirit-world needs to get its priorities straight. :tongue:

Have you heard of a thunderbird? Could be the dino's you wanna see.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I went into the catacombs looking for a ghost related thread. I planned on bumping the thread to post some random spoopiness.

The OP got my attention first. I love me some MLB posts. Reading through the pages I found the ghost of the Old LPSG. How the site existed when I found it. I miss the hell out of some of the participants in this thread. Much love to Jason, Bbucko, Hells, Nudie and the like.

Now, I have never contributed to the site at the level represented here. I did enjoy reading the post as it went down.

For what it's worth. Totes believe in ghosts.

Reactions: twoton and LaFemme

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Now....I'm not sayin' I do, and I'm not sayin' I don't. But I've known too many reliable, honest, rational people who had ghostly experiences. I'm inclined to say yes, I do, and even if I saw one myself I don't think it would be that big of a deal.

Media
I worked at a place where not only I but others experienced “visitors” when alone in the building. We just never knew each other had the experiences. Once we did know, we started to figure out who our “visitors” were. After that, when we knew they were around, we’d say “hello” and continue on with what needed to be done. I only had one experience where I wanted to leave and did. Weird. All the other times, I knew I was surrounded by benevolent capricious guests who seemed to be there to keep an eye on me and enjoyed having their presence acknowledged. I am not there anymore but I hope that they have found their way home.

Reactions: twoton