Ben carson's tall tales

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is absurdly ironic. Or ironically absurd.
We have a man running for president who claims he has a violent past that included attempted murder, and the media are trying to prove he didn't have a violent past.
It would be like Bill Clinton saying, "I did have sex with that woman!" and Dan Rather saying, "Pics, or it didn't happen."

That being said---I'm not saying I believe Carson---but I do know it's possible for a young person to have some severe anger management problems and then later on "grow" out of them either with time or prescription meds. And if the incidents aren't well-known, if his parents kept it to themselves, etc., it's possible there wouldn't be any tangible evidence.

I personally know someone whom I saw pick up a big rock, and, in a rage, go after another person with every intent of harming that person. It was never videoed, never reported, never posted on FB, etc. So it is possible for it to have happened and not left a trace.

Last edited:

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
This is absurdly ironic. Or ironically absurd.
We have a man running for president who claims he has a violent past that included attempted murder, and the media are trying to prove he didn't have a violent past.

Carson seems damned either way. If what he says is true, should America elect somebody who tried to stab (and possibly kill) somebody as President? If what he says is false, should America elect a liar as President? If the GOP cares as much about honesty as when they impeached Clinton, they should reject Carson immediately. Of course, they wont, because there is almost no accountability in the GOP -- like Trump being worth $10 billion or Fiona saying that Planned Parenthood dissected babies.

Reactions: temptotalk

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Carson seems damned either way. If what he says is true, should America elect somebody who tried to stab (and possibly kill) somebody as President? If what he says is false, should America elect a liar as President? If the GOP cares as much about honesty as when they impeached Clinton, they should reject Carson immediately. Of course, they wont, because there is almost no accountability in the GOP -- like Trump being worth $10 billion or Fiona saying that Planned Parenthood dissected babies.

You are logically correct. If what Carson said was true about the stabbing, it shows people can and do change. I would not hold what a 14 year old did, even if he had killed someone. Regardless of weather this statement was false or not, America will elect a liar as president, and it won't be Carson. There is no one running for president that has not been caught in a lie. The GOP never cared about honesty, and never really claimed they did - they impeached Clinton because the could, and they thought they would win in the end. This is politics in 2015.

backwoodsstud

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Tall tales" is being generous. He seems to be flat-out lying about much of his past.

So far, Carson has claimed that:
  • He stabbed a guy.
  • He threw a big rock at a guy's face.
  • He attacked somebody with a baseball bat.
  • He attacked somebody with a hammer.

Carson's problem is that there is no evidence whatsoever of his stories of violence. The people who have talked about young Carson said that his stories didn't fit his character and never saw any violence. He hasn't given one name of the victims, nor has anyone else. No victims have surfaced and there are no police reports for any of these assaults.

Not only that, his tall tales of violence is continuing with his latest claim that he was recently held up at Popeye's. There are no witnesses and no police report of this hold up ever occurring.

Why would Carson make all of these claims about his youthful violence? Fuzzy believes that it supports his narrative that he worked his way up from the very bottom. This "anyone can succeed" argument allows him to rail against entitlements and social programs -- a pillar of his platform.

Unfortunately, many news stories about this topic shows images of youths, so Fuzzy can only provide this flimsy link: https://goo.gl/Qsi5Ke
Three things that can't stay hidden. The sun,the moon and the truth.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
This is absurdly ironic. Or ironicing to appeal ally absurd.
It would be like Bill Clinton saying, "I did have sex with that woman!" and Dan Rather saying, "Pics, or it didn't happen."

That being said---I'm not saying I believe Carson---but I do know it's possible for a young person to have some severe anger management problems and then later on "grow" out of them either with time or prescription meds. And if the incidents aren't well-known, if his parents kept it to themselves, etc., it's possible there wouldn't be any tangible evidence.

I personally know someone whom I saw pick up a big rock, and, in a rage, go after another person with every intent of harming that person. It was never videoed, never reported, never posted on FB, etc. So it is possible for it to have happened and not left a trace.

Thats not actually a good example. It would be more like bill clinton having done something worse in his earlier years then dan rather saying pics or it didn't happen. The reason ben carson is saying what he's saying is because he's black and he's trying to appeal to certain groups for voter turn out. He's trying to create a narrative (i'm guessing) of change, pull yourself up by your own bootstraps, american pie and jesus. All amounting to a race based version of...
exercise17f-1-web.jpg

While completely and utterly ignoring the blatant fact that he either got very lucky compared to what usually happens to people in general who've found themselves in those sorts of situations without the help of good old jebus or is lying to make things that much worse for others.

Either way it doesn't really matter. His own party members not only counted him out but basically did as much while pointing directly to race as the issue. Implying that america is just as racist as they are. Oh and while playing the same "whats your excuse" card with the american public while lying HIS ass off.

What i think is important about this is...why does he get a people can change pass while countless others....well you get the idea.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sick huh, think hes being used by the Reps, theyre likely secretly laughinjg behind his back, to think it has surpassed Trump, geesus both are pure idiots and obviously the better of what you have
according to your voting so far ..

4 More Bizarre Ben Carson Stories Emerge

The past week has been a torrent of crazy Ben Carson stories. First he stabbed a child when he was young, and then he...

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
Ben Carson has many tales of his heroism. What would one expect from somebody who has a shrine to themselves at home? This is a guy who says he stopped a hold up and would confront an active shooter.

Then there's the "Yale tale." Supposedly, the prof created a hoax to find the most honest student in the class by saying that the exams were burned, then asking the class to write a tougher exam. Out of a class o 150 students, Carson was the only one who wrote the new exam, and was rewarded $10 and had a photographer take his photo for publication. Apparently, the teacher knew beforehand that only one heroic person would stay to write the exam and had the photographer and the $10 bill at the ready.

This brings Fuzzy to Carson's latest tale of heroism. As a student with a key to a biology lab where he worked part time, he said that he protected a few white students from the attack during the post-MLK assassination riots by hiding them there. Despite many classmates being asked about the incident, none can recall it.

Ben Carson’s past called into question again as friends doubt claims he hid white classmates during race riots after MLK assassination

Last month, Carson detailed how he protected his white high school classmates the day after the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.’s 1968 assassination. Race riots ravaged Detroit’s Southwestern High, which enrolled more black students than white students.

Carson, a junior lab assistant with a key to the school’s biology workroom, shepherded his frightened friends to the lab to shield them from the violence, he told the Wall Street Journal.

The newspaper spoke with a half dozen of Carson’s classmates and his high school physics teacher — and not one remembered his heroic acts.

“It may have happened, but I didn’t see it myself or hear about it,” Gregory Vartanian, who served in the junior ROTC with Carson, told the Wall Street Journal.​

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Then there's the "Yale tale." Supposedly, the prof created a hoax to find the most honest student in the class by saying that the exams were burned, then asking the class to write a tougher exam. Out of a class o 150 students, Carson was the only one who wrote the new exam, and was rewarded $10 and had a photographer take his photo for publication. Apparently, the teacher knew beforehand that only one heroic person would stay to write the exam and had the photographer and the $10 bill at the ready.
I've read this account in several news websites and in the paper. He said "honest" not "heroic" btw. What I don't understand is how his being the only one to sit and write the test, shows him to be the only honest student in the room. Most gullible maybe, to believe the prof's lie. Or most ass-kissing, lap dog of the prof, perhaps. But how does it prove honesty? Someone please enlighten me, 'cause my small brain doesn't get it.

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
I've read this account in several news websites and in the paper. He said "honest" not "heroic" btw. What I don't understand is how his being the only one to sit and write the test, shows him to be the only honest student in the room. Most gullible maybe, to believe the prof's lie. Or most ass-kissing, lap dog of the prof, perhaps. But how does it prove honesty? Someone please enlighten me, 'cause my small brain doesn't get it.

This assumes that the incident actually happened. Carson seems to have gotten the idea for this tale from a parody newspaper story. His account doesn't even match the parody. For example, he says there were 150 students. Then again, it wouldn't be as heroic if he were only 1 in 10 students who took the exam.

Here's the parody story from which Carson seemed to obtain his tall tale of superhuman honesty:

blog_yale_exam_parody_0.jpg

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was one of the white students who sheltered in the lab, and when rioters came to the door Carson pointed them in the direction of the cashier.

Wow, Carson sure scares you loonie lefties shitless doesn't he.

After viewing the people you guys are putting up as prospective leaders of your country these days. Anyone would be scared shitless.

Last edited by a moderator:

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
Wow, Carson sure scares you loonie lefties shitless doesn't he.

Not a lefty but i would venture a guess that it's a wide and unequivocal no on the fear thing. Or at least not really. Theres so much racism/bigotry on the right that he never had a chance in hell. His presidential bid was doomed the second he became a republican. Seriously...

Donald Trump explains why there won't be another black president for generations

Yeah he didn't say there wouldn't be a black democrat president. No. He just said black period. Meaning he lumped carson in there too annnddddd.......no one said anything. Meaning he's such a non-issue his own party doesn't give a hoot what he does or says. He'll lose no matter what. No matter how much money gets thrown at him. And thats because the republican party has so many racists/bigots in their camp they could fill texas. So no. Not scared in the least. What you see now is people playing with a chew toy.

JulieInNaplesFL

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's funny but if you do a search of the most racist party it's mostly the DemoCraps.

But don't let history stand in the way of your lying BS.

True Carson will never be president. Your leader BHO made sure that no black man will be president for many many years.

Hilderbeast for prez, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.