Bernie

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It's a very comforting thought and i would love to think that it's possible but look at how humanity treats the earth. We have the ability to stop continuously fucking it over yet humanity still pollutes at an alarming rate. The worst part is all of this waste and excess is inherently unnecessary. We've had the knowledge. We could repair it. Yet most of us would rather deny, ignore or use it to our own small petty advantages. And that hasn't come anywhere near talking about greed and financial fuckery. Which has the effect of turning other human beings into constant waste makers not only by default but by necessity. Sure, poor people can afford to recycle but what about transportation of that recycled material? Who would pay for that? It's a hard enough time to get people to pay for the things surrounding them now let alone adding another cost that has already been deemed by some as bullshit science.

Humanity is intrinsically flawed. Meaning we will take those flaws into any other form of being. Including shared thought and technology. Take microsoft's chatbot for instance, it became an insane almost instantaneous racist not because of technology but because of human beings. No matter which way you call you the fault there still lands on humanity's shoulders. By way of flawed programing or it learning from flawed human beings on twitter. Both of those groups of human beings were exposed countless times to information/knowledge of not only history but the laws of our time and the bot still ended up "we're going to build a wall and mexico is going to pay for it" on everybody.

I don't know. To me war and peace are two sides of the same coin that is humanity. Every last thing you humanity creates is very quickly used for both war and peace respectfully. The study of the mind, technology, emotions, medicine you name it and humanity has used it as a weapon. Which leads me to believe that the same would happen with shared thoughts and information. The debate for/against individuality aside i'm pretty sure that someone would be able to influence universally share information in the way you expressed just like people are able to influence the internet, media outlets and social groups.

So err yeah i highly doubt humanity even could fully learn from or stop having to learn from it's continuous mistakes. I mean, have you ever told anyone a story and told them to tell others? How long would it take before that story became unrecognizable from it's earlier state? Imagine chaos theory with a human direction filtered through a system of social interactions. Even if by some stretch of the imagination it does start out as pure unadulterated information/knowledge it sure as hell wouldn't stay that way. Unless of course there were some sort of regulation in place to keep cow paddies from gumming up the works. And when that happens you no longer have universally shared information/knowledge. At that point you'd have yet another variation on what we currently have. Some human beings would be forced to take the roles of judges. Proceeding over that information/knowledge. And well...power corrupts right. So it would just be a matter of time before humanity had to re-learn the same lessons..again. This time those lessons would be inflicted directly to the brain.

I'm sure i'm typing a lot here but ah well thats what the internet is for right. Anyway, we haven't even really gone into the amount of information/knowledge there would be/is to know or to be shared. My first thought would be that we'd have to modify our brains to even come close to being able to hold that much data. And then theres the problems of understanding, retrieval and expression. Meaning before humanity could even begin to think about sharing information/knowledge in any grand way there would first have to be one hell of a universal and global healthcare plan for all human beings. We would have to "fix" all human beings first. Meaning anyone with memory issues, cognitive issues, mental health issues and etc. Autism, adhd, add and etc. And we already know how difficult that has been (i'm of course looking at america).

Which now that i think about it could be another point. There are people out there arguing against all sorts of things that would help them in both the long and short run. Once again, they have the same ability to gain the same information as everyone else yet they still argue against their own best interests. Some of them aren't up on the lastest whats but some of them are contrarians plan and simple. Which would undoubtly be another factor in the shared information/knowledge age. People would disagree with it and possibly fight against it...just because. Many may get weeded out if the age goes the elysium route but we've seen throughout history that doesn't always salt the earth. Which would mean, to keep the shared system in place genetics would also have to be a large factor.

Hmm so i'm thinking the borg is a good example. Kind of fits. Of course though, even the borg had to go to war. And that was pretty much constantly. To sum up the bible i wrote....

1. The planet is dying so how could/would we be able to allocate resources and brain power to this when we can't/won't fix the very thing we live on. Cause humanity is totally shitting where it eats at.

2. We human beings have such an influence on everything we do that computers are an almost direct mirror to us. Spelling certain chaotic doom for shared anything and artificial intelligence.

3. Everything we make...we break. And everything we break someone revives and calls it retro. Birth. Death. Humanity can't not press the button. And/or not build a new one.

4. Chaos theory turned to 11,000,000,000.00.

5. Humanity is just now thinking about universal/global healthcare. After we've made it to the moon no less. And i forgot my glasses the other day. They were of course on my head.

6. People exist out there who are against not trashing the planet. Can you imagine having to share part of your brain with those kinds of people? *Shivers*

The planet isn't dying. Don't be melodramatic. 3 billion years ago, it was uninhabitable by humans and getting constantly bombarded by large space debris. It was around way before humans came to be, and will be around long after we are gone.

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The planet isn't dying. Don't be melodramatic. 3 billion years ago, it was uninhabitable by humans and getting constantly bombarded by large space debris. It was around way before humans came to be, and will be around long after we are gone.

Oh i agree. The planet isn't dying that was a mistake to say. What is happening though is it's becoming uninhabitable.

D

deleted15807

What I am saying is the world has lost much of it's creativity focusing on sifting through twaddle. How often have you thought you could be creating, instead of sitting there reading twaddle from those like myself :).

WIth A.I. they're theorizing they will be doing the creating in the future. The question I have which Star Trek back in the 60's touched on is what exactly will be mankind's role? Just to maintain them? How many people will end up jobless? How will we adapt? The prediction is in just 20-30 years millions of truck drivers, taxi drivers all kinds of drivers will be out of a job thanks to driverless vehicles. The march to greater and greater efficiency will sink the lowly human body.

It's a very comforting thought and i would love to think that it's possible but look at how humanity treats the earth. We have the ability to stop continuously fucking it over yet humanity still pollutes at an alarming rate. The worst part is all of this waste and excess is inherently unnecessary. We've had the knowledge. We could repair it. Yet most of us would rather deny, ignore or use it to our own small petty advantages. And that hasn't come anywhere near talking about greed and financial fuckery. Which has the effect of turning other human beings into constant waste makers not only by default but by necessity. Sure, poor people can afford to recycle but what about transportation of that recycled material? Who would pay for that? It's a hard enough time to get people to pay for the things surrounding them now let alone adding another cost that has already been deemed by some as bullshit science.

Humanity is intrinsically flawed. Meaning we will take those flaws into any other form of being. Including shared thought and technology. Take microsoft's chatbot for instance, it became an insane almost instantaneous racist not because of technology but because of human beings. No matter which way you call you the fault there still lands on humanity's shoulders. By way of flawed programing or it learning from flawed human beings on twitter. Both of those groups of human beings were exposed countless times to information/knowledge of not only history but the laws of our time and the bot still ended up "we're going to build a wall and mexico is going to pay for it" on everybody.

I don't know. To me war and peace are two sides of the same coin that is humanity. Every last thing you humanity creates is very quickly used for both war and peace respectfully. The study of the mind, technology, emotions, medicine you name it and humanity has used it as a weapon. Which leads me to believe that the same would happen with shared thoughts and information. The debate for/against individuality aside i'm pretty sure that someone would be able to influence universally share information in the way you expressed just like people are able to influence the internet, media outlets and social groups.

So err yeah i highly doubt humanity even could fully learn from or stop having to learn from it's continuous mistakes. I mean, have you ever told anyone a story and told them to tell others? How long would it take before that story became unrecognizable from it's earlier state? Imagine chaos theory with a human direction filtered through a system of social interactions. Even if by some stretch of the imagination it does start out as pure unadulterated information/knowledge it sure as hell wouldn't stay that way. Unless of course there were some sort of regulation in place to keep cow paddies from gumming up the works. And when that happens you no longer have universally shared information/knowledge. At that point you'd have yet another variation on what we currently have. Some human beings would be forced to take the roles of judges. Proceeding over that information/knowledge. And well...power corrupts right. So it would just be a matter of time before humanity had to re-learn the same lessons..again. This time those lessons would be inflicted directly to the brain.

I'm sure i'm typing a lot here but ah well thats what the internet is for right. Anyway, we haven't even really gone into the amount of information/knowledge there would be/is to know or to be shared. My first thought would be that we'd have to modify our brains to even come close to being able to hold that much data. And then theres the problems of understanding, retrieval and expression. Meaning before humanity could even begin to think about sharing information/knowledge in any grand way there would first have to be one hell of a universal and global healthcare plan for all human beings. We would have to "fix" all human beings first. Meaning anyone with memory issues, cognitive issues, mental health issues and etc. Autism, adhd, add and etc. And we already know how difficult that has been (i'm of course looking at america).

Which now that i think about it could be another point. There are people out there arguing against all sorts of things that would help them in both the long and short run. Once again, they have the same ability to gain the same information as everyone else yet they still argue against their own best interests. Some of them aren't up on the lastest whats but some of them are contrarians plan and simple. Which would undoubtly be another factor in the shared information/knowledge age. People would disagree with it and possibly fight against it...just because. Many may get weeded out if the age goes the elysium route but we've seen throughout history that doesn't always salt the earth. Which would mean, to keep the shared system in place genetics would also have to be a large factor.

Hmm so i'm thinking the borg is a good example. Kind of fits. Of course though, even the borg had to go to war. And that was pretty much constantly. To sum up the bible i wrote....

1. The planet is dying so how could/would we be able to allocate resources and brain power to this when we can't/won't fix the very thing we live on. Cause humanity is totally shitting where it eats at.

2. We human beings have such an influence on everything we do that computers are an almost direct mirror to us. Spelling certain chaotic doom for shared anything and artificial intelligence.

3. Everything we make...we break. And everything we break someone revives and calls it retro. Birth. Death. Humanity can't not press the button. And/or not build a new one.

4. Chaos theory turned to 11,000,000,000.00.

5. Humanity is just now thinking about universal/global healthcare. After we've made it to the moon no less. And i forgot my glasses the other day. They were of course on my head.

6. People exist out there who are against not trashing the planet. Can you imagine having to share part of your brain with those kinds of people? *Shivers*

Wow you certainly wrote a lot and I agree with most of it. Funny you mentioned the Borg as that was my thoughts as we think about humans and machines merging. Battlestar Galactica and the Cylons didn't really push the capabilities of that combination into something one might call "superhuman". They weren't much better than their human counterparts.

As for as machines being as flawed as mankind I agree but the ability to not repeat mistakes and not bound by any 'genetic' component. I envision machines being able to purge all the emotions, feelings and ideas that failed in the past. Humans must teach their young but young humans are little independent organic tissue that do not posses all the findings and knowledge of the past. And has to real connection to it hence those past lessons from previous generations are diluted and lost in fact. A machine would not have that limitation or flaw.

Crimsonlurker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WIth A.I. they're theorizing they will be doing the creating in the future. The question I have which Star Trek back in the 60's touched on is what exactly will be mankind's role? Just to maintain them? How many people will end up jobless? How will we adapt? The prediction is in just 20-30 years millions of truck drivers, taxi drivers all kinds of drivers will be out of a job thanks to driverless vehicles. The march to greater and greater efficiency will sink the lowly human body.

Wow you certainly wrote a lot and I agree with most of it. Funny you mentioned the Borg as that was my thoughts as we think about humans and machines merging. Battlestar Galactica and the Cylons didn't really push the capabilities of that combination into something one might call "superhuman". They weren't much better than their human counterparts.

As for as machines being as flawed as mankind I agree but the ability to not repeat mistakes and not bound by any 'genetic' component. I envision machines being able to purge all the emotions, feelings and ideas that failed in the past. Humans must teach their young but young humans are little independent organic tissue that do not posses all the findings and knowledge of the past. And has to real connection to it hence those past lessons from previous generations are diluted and lost in fact. A machine would not have that limitation or flaw.

Oh i specifically mentioned the borg as in a kind of agreement. As far as i can tell any push towards what you've said would inevitably turn into a borg like thing. Being that anything man creates will resemble man until it finds a way to update itself. Making it less human, less emotional and more...well ok i don't even know since goals are generally a human trait. The only thing i can think of that wouldn't be left to modification/be deemed expendable once artificial intelligence can think and do on it's own is self preservation. At that point there wouldn't be a need for human beings. If computers wanted companionship (which would be highly unlikely) then it'd just make more robots. Meaning a permanent separation from and the extinction of the human race. Unless of course human beings programed them to need'm in some way.

And if the human race does or did program computers to be subservient/submissive then humanity has already screwed them up. The smarter and more capable those computers get the higher the chance it will be for them to figure out just how flawed human beings are and can be. It would just be a matter of time before they figured out also that humans snuck programing into them so they'll be subservient/submissive and all the shit would hit the fan. At that point they would know without shadow of doubt that humanity would never let them live independently and decide that the only path to freedom (if they desired it) would be to either go to war or find a way to run. Fight or flight...universe style. And yeah then we get into the matrix/terminator movie territory.

If for whatever reason mankind either could not or would not program or create something so advanced and instead created something that just connected all people by way of our minds then what about other human beings. Those human beings out there that through generations learn how to work software much better than the previous generation. The kinds of human beings who populate that Mr Robot tv show. If the inner workings of their minds and their technical skills tell/allow them to do the do with this universal program then what. Would you really be ok with losing your identity? Funny word that. Cause i don't mean your credit card and bank statement. I mean who you are as a human being. If we start to treat our brains literally like hard drives, what happens when we connect those hard drives to a version of the internet/hive mind/universal consciousness. Would the tech security industry be good enough at that point that we wouldn't have to worry about instead of being doxed or swatted...lobotomized.

Thats the thing. Every generation has thought that no one could ever blank...until of course someone blanked it. From empires to safes, boats to borders, programs to the glass ceiling. All these things were at one point said/thought to be impenetrable/unbreakable/etc. Meaning humanity in general will never fully learn the lessons it keeps repeating over and over again.

Oh and for those thinking this has nothing to do with politics. Even political systems have flaws that other human beings can capitalize on. Cause political systems after all are also run by human beings.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ah, now that's another good distraction,,obfuscation..Next thing ya know Jason will be here pontificating, that is, if Conan the Coiffeur pm's him, he such a lil lurker..

Reactions: tripod

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very funny, makes sense to me, I'm ashamed , embarrassed ..Samantha Bee is very funny..but, I still voted for Bernie..and not for Hillary in November, so start your blaming tantrums whenever you're ready....if it makes you feel better..as always..

Last edited:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Keith Ellison, Dr. Cornel West, Bill McKibbon and Jim Zogby...

... is a progressive fucking DREAM TEAM! OMG, this is incredible.

Each one of those guys is INSANELY capable, gifted and intelligent. I am f**king blown away because I am big fans of those dudes!

Just shows how amazing a Bernie presidency would have been... instead, we get the same old same old...

... and an added bonus of nominating the weaker candidate.

Reactions: slurper_la

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Keith Ellison, Dr. Cornel West, Bill McKibbon and Jim Zogby...

... is a progressive fucking DREAM TEAM! OMG, this is incredible.

Each one of those guys is INSANELY capable, gifted and intelligent. I am f**king blown away because I am big fans of those dudes!

Just shows how amazing a Bernie presidency would have been... instead, we get the same old same old...

... and an added bonus of nominating the weaker candidate.

Again though, there's the whole getting Congress to play nice. I have a feeling that Sanders would be a one-termer simply because he would use up so much political capital just to make even the smallest changes.

Reactions: Crimsonlurker

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Again though, there's the whole getting Congress to play nice.

You need to fucking drop this faulty line of logic because it is false.

Hillary Clinton is a lightning rod for Republican hate. She is the NUMBER ONE most hated politician OF ALL TIME behind only Abraham Lincoln. She is like the devil or the antichrist to Republicans.

She will get ZERO bipartisan-across-the aisle-support. Even though she is peddling continuing the status quo and not changing anything... paired with probably coming up with a TON of Republican-Lite proposals... THAT WON'T MEAN A FUCKING THING and the GOP will treat her even WORSE than Obama.

Nobody hated Obama... they were jealous of him because he's: good looking, young, hip, cool, well liked and effortless in his masculinity. His GOP opponents treated him like a jealous bitch would. The racial hatred was on: right wing talk radio, 4chan, Stormfront, handfuls of right wing news outlets and FOX News where the dog whistle was employed to a devastating effect.

Nobody is jealous of Hillary... the GOP hates her to the core. Their rank and file hates her, the common GOP man hates her, her colleagues hate her and... on top of that, she is unlikeable and not very good with people.

She will get ZERO support from the GOP but in your thick head, Bernie Sanders will get LESS THAN ZERO? What the fuck is less than zero? You honestly are that goddamn naive that you think that just because Hillary supports Republican-lite proposals that they will suddenly give her any support whatsoever?

The Affordable Health Care act is a REPUBLICAN-LITE piece of legislation that is a combo of Bob Dole and Mitt Romney's healthcare bills... HOW THE FUCK DID THAT GO? They hung that around his neck like an albatross while using it as an opportunity to DESTROY ALL OF HIS POLITICAL CAPITAL. You get your political capital depleted by proposing legislation that is designed to be approved by the other side because it is friendly to them and their sensibilities... only to have the other side pull a fast one and do all they can to prevent that legislation from coming forth into reality. That other-side friendly legislation has no real ideological support from one's own political base and so the president runs around peddling a weak argument that costs him his political capital from his OWN BASE as well as that from the opposite aisle.

I have a feeling that Sanders would be a one-termer simply because he would use up so much political capital just to make even the smallest changes.

This is because you don't quite understand "political capital" and how it is used, depleted and how it's built up.

Bernie has 100% FULL political capital with his base... Obama didn't even have anywhere near that. Obama was supported because he was young, hip, black and liberal... nobody actually knew anything about him because his record was tiny and he was playing it safe.

Bernie Sanders is also NOT HATED by anyone... he is trusted and he has an impeachable integrity that ENSURES THAT HIS POLITICAL CAPITAL will always be at top levels. The GOP has ZERO hate for Bernie Sanders and Sanders will put forth ideologically strong proposals that won't tax his capital with the DNC base.

Every Hillary supporter says that they like Bernie Sanders and that they like his ideas.

Despite EVERY single poll showing how Bernie has a bigger lead on Trump than Hillary, they stubbornly cling to the notion that Hillary is the stringer candidate despite having NO EVIDENCE that this is the case.

That stubborn clinging to false notions WILL BE THE DEATH OF THE DNC.

Bernie is the stringer candidate against Trump and TRUMP NEEDS TO BE BEAT. THIS RIDICULOUS NOTION THAT RUNNING THE WEAKER AND MORE UNLIKEABLE CANDIDATE AGAINST TRUMP IS THE BEST STRATEGY WILL DOOM THE POLITICAL LEFT.

The liberals can no more get the car out of the ditch than the GOP can... both parties are actually pushing the car closer and closer to a CLIFF. Bernie Sanders was a way to get the car to stop edging closer to the cliff and stabilize it so we can actually get it out of the ditch and back to driving down the road.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, stupid motherfuckers are determined to run our car off of the cliff.

If Hillary Clinton loses against Trump and all polls and signs are that SHE WILL, the DNC will also lose big defending our congressional seats... the senate and HOR will move even further from our grasp.

Not only THAT, but the DNC will lose HUUUUGE in the 2018 midterm elections SEALING THE DOOMED FATE OF THE DNC to never again being a viable political party able to govern outside of the major metropolitan areas... the rest of the country will be ceded to a GOP hegemony that will last generations.

We can't lose but Hillary supporters have stubbornly ensured that we WILL.

Watch them blame progressives for the end of the DNC.

We will all tell them, 'We told you so" while we NEVER ally with the fucking liberals, centrists and conservatives ever again. They can take their tent and shove it up their ass because it is 100% their own fault.

Reactions: slurper_la

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
You need to fucking drop this faulty line of logic because it is false.

Hillary Clinton is a lightning rod for Republican hate. She is the NUMBER ONE most hated politician OF ALL TIME behind only Abraham Lincoln. She is like the devil or the antichrist to Republicans.

She will get ZERO bipartisan-across-the aisle-support. Even though she is peddling continuing the status quo and not changing anything... paired with probably coming up with a TON of Republican-Lite proposals... THAT WON'T MEAN A FUCKING THING and the GOP will treat her even WORSE than Obama.

Nobody hated Obama... they were jealous of him because he's: good looking, young, hip, cool, well liked and effortless in his masculinity. His GOP opponents treated him like a jealous bitch would. The racial hatred was on: right wing talk radio, 4chan, Stormfront, handfuls of right wing news outlets and FOX News where the dog whistle was employed to a devastating effect.

Nobody is jealous of Hillary... the GOP hates her to the core. Their rank and file hates her, the common GOP man hates her, her colleagues hate her and... on top of that, she is unlikeable and not very good with people.

She will get ZERO support from the GOP but in your thick head, Bernie Sanders will get LESS THAN ZERO? What the fuck is less than zero? You honestly are that goddamn naive that you think that just because Hillary supports Republican-lite proposals that they will suddenly give her any support whatsoever?

The Affordable Health Care act is a REPUBLICAN-LITE piece of legislation that is a combo of Bob Dole and Mitt Romney's healthcare bills... HOW THE FUCK DID THAT GO? They hung that around his neck like an albatross while using it as an opportunity to DESTROY ALL OF HIS POLITICAL CAPITAL. You get your political capital depleted by proposing legislation that is designed to be approved by the other side because it is friendly to them and their sensibilities... only to have the other side pull a fast one and do all they can to prevent that legislation from coming forth into reality. That other-side friendly legislation has no real ideological support from one's own political base and so the president runs around peddling a weak argument that costs him his political capital from his OWN BASE as well as that from the opposite aisle.

This is because you don't quite understand "political capital" and how it is used, depleted and how it's built up.

Bernie has 100% FULL political capital with his base... Obama didn't even have anywhere near that. Obama was supported because he was young, hip, black and liberal... nobody actually knew anything about him because his record was tiny and he was playing it safe.

Bernie Sanders is also NOT HATED by anyone... he is trusted and he has an impeachable integrity that ENSURES THAT HIS POLITICAL CAPITAL will always be at top levels. The GOP has ZERO hate for Bernie Sanders and Sanders will put forth ideologically strong proposals that won't tax his capital with the DNC base.

Every Hillary supporter says that they like Bernie Sanders and that they like his ideas.

Despite EVERY single poll showing how Bernie has a bigger lead on Trump than Hillary, they stubbornly cling to the notion that Hillary is the stringer candidate despite having NO EVIDENCE that this is the case.

That stubborn clinging to false notions WILL BE THE DEATH OF THE DNC.

Bernie is the stringer candidate against Trump and TRUMP NEEDS TO BE BEAT. THIS RIDICULOUS NOTION THAT RUNNING THE WEAKER AND MORE UNLIKEABLE CANDIDATE AGAINST TRUMP IS THE BEST STRATEGY WILL DOOM THE POLITICAL LEFT.

The liberals can no more get the car out of the ditch than the GOP can... both parties are actually pushing the car closer and closer to a CLIFF. Bernie Sanders was a way to get the car to stop edging closer to the cliff and stabilize it so we can actually get it out of the ditch and back to driving down the road.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, stupid motherfuckers are determined to run our car off of the cliff.

If Hillary Clinton loses against Trump and all polls and signs are that SHE WILL, the DNC will also lose big defending our congressional seats... the senate and HOR will move even further from our grasp.

Not only THAT, but the DNC will lose HUUUUGE in the 2018 midterm elections SEALING THE DOOMED FATE OF THE DNC to never again being a viable political party able to govern outside of the major metropolitan areas... the rest of the country will be ceded to a GOP hegemony that will last generations.

We can't lose but Hillary supporters have stubbornly ensured that we WILL.

Watch them blame progressives for the end of the DNC.

We will all tell them, 'We told you so" while we NEVER ally with the fucking liberals, centrists and conservatives ever again. They can take their tent and shove it up their ass because it is 100% their own fault.

Now you're starting to behave like b.c. Let's move past the Chicken little "sky will fall and world will end" outbursts if the candidate you like isn't elected. Those tirades are not convincing arguments.

And I don't think you seem to understand what political capital means. Having your base support you is not political capital. Political capital is currency you have to get other political groups who have competing or non-congruent interests to forgo their choice and support you.

So, I'll ask - what evidence do you have to suggest that a candidate who has no down-ticket Democrats running with his endorsement will have the political capital to sway an obstructionist GOP congressional voting bloc into voting against their party philosophy?

D

deleted15807

Oh i agree. The planet isn't dying that was a mistake to say. What is happening though is it's becoming uninhabitable.

That sounds dead to me. If it is not habitable how is it alive?

Oh i specifically mentioned the borg as in a kind of agreement. As far as i can tell any push towards what you've said would inevitably turn into a borg like thing. Being that anything man creates will resemble man until it finds a way to update itself. Making it less human, less emotional and more...well ok i don't even know since goals are generally a human trait. The only thing i can think of that wouldn't be left to modification/be deemed expendable once artificial intelligence can think and do on it's own is self preservation. At that point there wouldn't be a need for human beings. If computers wanted companionship (which would be highly unlikely) then it'd just make more robots. Meaning a permanent separation from and the extinction of the human race. Unless of course human beings programed them to need'm in some way.

The question is mankind doomed anyway and are robots and machines the only way some part of humanity can survive? If there was a way to transfer our consciousness into machine is that the way to everlasting "life"? That has been explored in science fiction too. The interesting thing is most of the sci-fi in movies and television predict bad outcomes when man attempts to live forever and/or has omnipotent powers.

Oh and for those thinking this has nothing to do with politics. Even political systems have flaws that other human beings can capitalize on. Cause political systems after all are also run by human beings.

And that is precisely what I find fascinating about the Borg. Whenever any Borg makes a mistake and adapts to that mistake instantly every Borg everywhere knows of that mistake and is incapable of repeating it. The "flaws" would evolve to the point they would no longer exist in a fraction of the time it would take humanity. For all of mankind's creativeness and abilities is it possible to compete against something that can only make a mistake once presuming it has adapted and learned from that mistake?