Bert Convey

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by Mensch1351, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    ok --- I know it's one of those "old TV stars" threads -- but since Mr. Torque of the Monkey's was mentioned, I thought I'd ask if anyone else had the hots for Bert Convey (host of lots of quiz and game shows) -- dimples for miles (and I always liked his hair) -- I think he also had a nice bod on him (and I imagined a hairy chest). Anybody ever meet him in person or know anything about his private life. I always wondered if he "played for the home team!":rolleyes:

2. D_smack ash

D_smack ash Account Disabled

Convy was married twice: to Anne Anderson, with whom he had three children; and to Catherine Hall, with whom he was married until his death. Bert's daughter Jennifer also has been involved in television, moderating shows on Home and Garden Television (HGTV). His son Jonah Convy is also involved in show business.

3. B_becominghorse

B_becominghorse New Member

I saw him on Broadway in 'Cabaret' way back in 1967, the original production. He was opposite Jill Haworth, who got terrible reviews but I thought was good in it. Not all that charismatic to me, and I thought Michael York was much more effective in the role in the movie. Burt Lancaster was in the audience that night, I was a kid and that was first movie star I saw up close. HE was incredibly gorgeous, even at that age.

Draft saved Draft deleted