Best at home fitness programs? P90X?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just saw the infomercial for the P90X fitness system, and was wondering if anyone here has ever tried any of these get fit quick at home fitness programs that are sold on late night infomercials?

I want to get in better shape, and know that there's more to it than these programs such as lifestyle changes and diet changes. I already am planning to join a new gym here soon, but wondered what your guys take was on if any of these programs are actually useful or not.

I don't know if I want to get quite as muscular as some of the P90X guys, but halfway there would be good with some abs and just get fit, rather than overly muscular.

actioncfc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Mat if you need a cheerleader when you go to the gym this is not for you. You need to adapt the workouts to u at 1st. It changes up and this keeps you interested, but if you slack off in the middle only you can pull you back. The host does a good job trying to keep you into the workout too. The workouts can be very intense, but as i said make it your own. They also offer online support and you can pair up w someone. Good luck!

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
don't worry about getting overly muscular. i always get a kick out of that when I hear that. Unless you've got great natural genetics there's an incredible amount ass busting to put on muscle mass. and it's got to be a life style change. it's not do it for 6 weeks then ok I'm I can stop now.

any program will get you some results if you do it. that's the problem most people fall off the wagon.

get yourself a good multi vitamin and some protien powder. and remember you have to eat more. 1 lb of muscle burns 50 calories a day.

Torque8

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
don't worry about getting overly muscular. i always get a kick out of that when I hear that. Unless you've got great natural genetics there's an incredible amount ass busting to put on muscle mass. and it's got to be a life style change. it's not do it for 6 weeks then ok I'm I can stop now.

any program will get you some results if you do it. that's the problem most people fall off the wagon.

get yourself a good multi vitamin and some protien powder. and remember you have to eat more. 1 lb of muscle burns 50 calories a day.

Although I belong to two gyms and work out at least 6 days a week, there are a lot of great exercises that can be performed at home with minimal to no equipment. Suggest that you check out internet sites such as clutch fitness, 6 pack abs and bodybuilding.com. Before there were gyms, guys had to rely on pushups, situps and pullups which are probably the 3 most neglected exercises that most people today want to avoid. In addition to genetics, at least 40 to 50 percent of lean muscle mass building centers around proper nutrition (5 to 6 small meals per day; in my case 3 of those are protein shakes) and assuring yourself that you're eating at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
what are your fitness goals
feel free to PM me I might not see this thread again I have been into working out for a long time now
diet advice I'm not your man but for a workout I can help pretty damn well

lpsg17

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think anything is better than nothing as long as it is conistant. There is a lot of things that you can do at home as was stated, but for me, the gym is a motivating place; have a program set up for you when you start, it will be money well spent.
good luck