conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm considering the

Palm Pre

or a blackberry.

I would include the iPhone but I'm going with verizon...

Particularly - are there any ones you know are good with calendars and scheduling that I can sync up with a computer program like outlook?

What say ye lpsg....

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just upgraded from a Motorola Q to a Droid. It is like an iPhone but with an operating system from Google. Being a Motorola device, it is an excellent piece of communications electronics.

It does GPS with Google Maps, Wifi, and 3G with Verizon. There are thousands of apps for it.

I have to disclaim that I have not owned a BlackBerry or an iPhone, so I cannot give you an objective comparison.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just upgraded from a Samsung Omnia to a Motorola Droid...I LOVE IT! Lots of my friends are trading in their IPhone for a Droid. They are soooo fast!

My best friend has had many BlackBerry phones and now has a Droid. He loves it!

TopDudeFtl

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hello, my name is TopDudeFtl & I am a Crackberry© addict.

I have had my Blackberry Curve 8350i for about a year now. As soon as Sprint came out with this model, I jumped on it. With the Direct Connect, I can easily contact all of my customers, subcontractors & friends who also have Direct Connect. I like the browser, calendar, the fact that I can carry numerous XL spreadsheets in my pocket without the need for my laptop. The phone has a very good camera with a flash as well as a video function on the camera. I upgraded my Micro SD card to 4 GB so that I could carry more information & music.

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm leaning towards ATT as a carrier.

Which of these phones can I sync up with my outlook calendar ??? No one at two phone stores could tell me.

Droid on Sprint (HTC Hero) can definitely sync with Outlook calendar by USB with a dedicated application (so you would have to do it once a day or however frequent you need sync). The Verizon (with the Motorola phone) version has Droid v2.0 (Sprint is somewhere between 1.5-1.6 I think).

All Droid devices sync with Google calendar instantly over the network / airwaves (eg: you change a calendar item or contact in https://www.google.com/calendar and it instantly updates on the device, and vice versa).

That said, pretty sure there are decent ways to do it, none of which are perfect ...you may need to do a few trial syncs to make sure names (Last, First <-> First, Last) and calendar formatting remains accurate, there have been some reports of that, etc. Also good to create a new gmail account just for this (your "main" account which bridges everything).

There are a few more ways to do it (like "push" services, which push emails to your device).
Probably not as seamless as Blackberrry or a Windows device, but Droid more than makes up for it in other areas.

Check out Droid forums, I would imagine Droid users have worked out many of any kinks already.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
I'm considering the

Palm Pre

or a blackberry.

I would include the iPhone but I'm going with verizon...

--- snip---

Rumors continue to say that Verizon is avail with the next Iphone release this summer.

1. WSJ: Apple's iPhone Coming to Verizon Wireless - DailyFinance
2. Verizon iPhone Release Date and New iPhone 4G Rumors | Sindh Today - Online News
3. iPhone wanted on Verizon, CEO says
4. Verizon CEO: We Will Offer Apple's iPhone 'Eventually' - DailyFinance