• Men

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Women

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
When I have enquired in restaurants or gotten to know the staff the chefs are usually male - but I've known 2 excellent female professional chefs.

I think, like most careers, there isn't a gender bias in who can be good at it - maybe just in who is allowed to be.

I have experienced about 50 / 50 in quality between male and female home cooks.

Of myself and Hick, he is by far the better cook - but he has had more practice. :smile:

You haven't lived until you've eaten my smothered pork chops with a side of collard greens and rice and gravy, followed up by my cream cheese poundcake.

Is that an offer? :tongue:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Best cooks - women
Best chefs - men

My paternal grandmother was an amazing cook. Her meatloaf tasted like Chateaubriand.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Best cooks - women
Best chefs - men

My paternal grandmother was an amazing cook. Her meatloaf tasted like Chateaubriand.

making beef taste like beef, thats a hard one to do.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is tough... it depends on your passion for cooking, I do not think the question is gender specific... It's like asking who makes better teachers, doctors or lawyers.

kilteddong

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Bing a chef by profession I'm going to have to say men. I think women nurture the customer best and men deal with the pressures of working a line better. Of course, there are always exceptions to the observation ....

I also have found over the years that men are better with developing savoury dishes and women with sweets.

BWTFDIK ?

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is tough... it depends on your passion for cooking, I do not think the question is gender specific... It's like asking who makes better teachers, doctors or lawyers.

Exactly. I can't answer the poll because there is no "Depends on the individual" option.

Thing is, people DO ask who makes better teachers, doctors or lawyers! Or ANY job for that matter! :mad: Most people I know would say that women make better teachers, and that men make better lawyers, and it's probably a toss-up on doctors. I know that I would be a total failure as a teacher, doctor, OR cook/chef (I don't like kids, am not a "caregiving" personality to be a doctor, plus I'm VERY squeamish about blood... and I hate to cook.) I might manage as a lawyer, though, but I'm not sure.

I personally want to find a man who likes to cook, because I don't like to, and it'd be nice to have someone do the cooking so I wouldn't always live on convenience foods and take-out like I do now. :biggrin1:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it really depends. Some of the most underappreciated cooks are women. I happen to know one big chef in this area who is basically cooking like his mama and making big waves. If you have a passion for it , you are probably going to put more time in perfecting your craft as well. As is the case with most things.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is a great question!
And may the last person standing here win. lol.
To start - my great grandmother's cook was amazing.
That cook was a woman.
My grandfather and father were amazing cooks and very
improversational in the kitchen.
My mother (to put it politely) put her talents and abilities to
use in places other than the kitchen.
I love to cook and entertain and have been told I am very good
at it. Beyond being told I am good at it, I enjoy the pleasure I observe
on my guests faces.
A woman I have known for many years is remarkable in the kitchen. And even
then, she will ask me to make it all better and up the ante to make her dishes delectable moreso than what they already were.
I think men might cook more to taste rather than recipe, might take more risks, while women are very methodical and rely more on recipes?
I cannot conclusively proffer who is a better cook based on gender. It is fantastic that everyone loves to cook and enjoys it. May we all be so lucky to enjoy a deliciously prepared meal by whomever may be responsible for its creation.