Best cuck movie of all time??

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by BigDallasDick8x6, Sep 19, 2008.

1. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not sure what thread this belongs in. There isn't a PENIS IN POPULAR CULTURE category and there should be. But a lot of cuck threads are in this category, and cuckoldry certainly has to do with relationships so that's where I'm putting it.

I was listening to a radio piece about the movie Casablanca this morning. Now, maybe it's a sign that I've been spending wayyyyy too much time on this site, but it occurred to me that it's really strange that cuckoldry played such a large part in a mainstream movie of that era.

No, Victor Laszlo did not watch Rick (Bogart) fuck Ilsa (Bergman). Neither did he arrange it or know of it ahead of time. But he sure accepted the information pretty calmly when he was told they were having an affair. Why do you think they wrote the story that way? 99% of the stories, the husband punches the guy that fucked his wife. Laszlo was a diplomat, so maybe this was some anti-pacifist message? (i.e. If you don't stand up and fight, you're such a wimp that you'll wind up with other guys fucking your wife??) And Rick insists on telling Laszlo that he fucked his wife, like a true Bull. Was that to humilate him? Not sure why this whole cuckoldry element is in the story and never thought of it until now. Any thoughts??

Anyway, one of the all-time great movies. And what a line Bergman has in the Paris flashback when Bogart kisses her the first time while the war is going on in the background -- Is that cannonfire, or the sound of my heart pounding? I've used that line a couple times myself. LOL.

2. Sh0t

Sh0t New Member

When women are mere toys, why care if somebody else plays with them.

My vote is for The Good Girl, starring Jennifer Aniston and Jake Gyllenhal or whatever

3. D_Tintagel_Demondong

She even mentions the word, "cuckold." That was the first time that I heard it in a cinematic movie. I didn't think that the word was mainstream, so I was a bit surprised.

4. Sh0t

Sh0t New Member

Yup, I was surprised by it, too.

Best acting job Aniston has ever done.

5. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Is that a problem you're working on, Rec?:eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted