oldredneck1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with Kalipygian:

I prefer a guy to smell like himself.
Just take a bath every day or so.

With a daily shower, there is no need for deodorant or cologne.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I prefer a guy to smell like himself.
Just take a bath every day or so.
I think anti-perspirants smell like cat shit.
I agree with this too and haven't used deodorant for years. If you have a problem, wash your pits with anti-bacterial soap once a week. It's the bacteria that causes the bad smell. Women love the smell my pits.

Dial makes a mild liquid anti-bacterial soap. You probably need to use it more frequently at first until your clothing has gone through a few wash cycles.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
With a daily shower, there is no need for deodorant or cologne.

In my own case I cannot agree with this statement at all. If it is hot and humid outside, my underarms are not the place to be with no deodorant or antiperspirant.
I shower EVERY day, sometimes twice a day in the summer and always use something for my underarms.

Cologne, I can take or leave to be honest. I rarely wear it, but will put just a little on now and then for special moments.

If you use cologne dude, do us all a favor? Do not use too much! There is nothing worse than a man (or a woman for that matter) that uses too much cologne or perfume on themselves.

Calcium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Spending long hours in the pool ensures you will smell like chlorine all day. Your body will become chemically resistant to all sorts of things, rendering deodorant unnecessary and showering ineffective.

ThisSpace4Rent

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For me, the best I have ever used is Secret Prescription Strength antiperspirant. It cost a little more, but it is well worth the money. I work in a Salon, and having my arm pits hanging over a persons head while they are laid back in the shampoo bowl, can not afford to have any smells..if you know what I mean.
:cool:

I use Secret too. Marriage offers one the luxury of not needing to worry about impressing the ladies (though I try to get the least girly scent available at the store).

Men's deodorants typically make my armpits itch and I don't like looking like a throwback to the stone age scratchin myself all day.

itsa'it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
jason ya toms of main is amazing and it really dsnt have much of a sent even the sented its not too pricey either around 4-5 $

jorpollew

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Degree-- solid. It's very effective and does a good job all day, year-round. Also, Degree has a line of very light scents that don't clash when I want to wear cologne.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a freak about hygiene, and despise nasty odor. I don't care how natural it is - shit is natural and it still smells nasty. Same with body odor. Years ago I started using clippers to trim my body hair. I noticed that by keeping my underarm hair removed, there was rarely any smell. I have Old Spice and Degree deodorant, but rarely need it.

As far as colognes, I like Bel Gatto (from France), Issey Miyake, and Dunhill (from U.K.). I like when a guy wears a nice scent.

chuckman2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Issey Myake is so nice. They have several scents. Don't regularly use any underarm potions. They started making me break out about five years ago. Notice that if I eat a lot of red meat that I smell more than usual. I like the way I smell. There are times when I think, jeez, I stink. I can smell it. If I know i'm going to do something where I'm in close quarters with others, I might spray myself with that crystal deodorant thing. It helps a little bit. I've told all my co-workers, "let me know if i stink." No one has said a thing. I think years of spreading that stuff on your armpits is not good.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Unfortunately, for me deodorant, including the salt crystals, is mostly useless. I'll sweat it away between putting it on and getting dressed. I don't see how anything can be effective against odor if it's not also effective against wetness, since the moisture will a) cause odor and b) wash away the deodorant.

I love the scent of Tom's of Maine--it's almost yummy--but I stained too many shirts with it.

Alas, anti-perspirant also stains shirts, which can build up over time to make the fabric feel stiff and "waxy." On white it looks yellowish, and on colored clothes it looks sort of white and powdery. The stain is virtually impossible to remove; by the time a stain builds up enough to notice in on a dark colored shirt, it may be too late to save the shirt. I used to know a professional dry cleaner. I asked him how to get anti-perspirant stains out of white shirts and he said, "Scissors."

Several people mentioned Old Spice, which I think is one of the worst culprits for staining shirts. Most anti-perspirants leave a yellowish stain, which appears after washing, and especially after drying in a clothes dryer. The stain left by Old Spice will eventually turn a pinkish-peach color, especially if you haven't worn the shirt for a while (e.g., a couple of months).

If you were to go in my closet and smell my shirts, you could tell which I have worn and which I have not, because the worn ones will smell like a blend of sweat and anti-perspirant. It's not a terrible smell. Some might even think it's "manly." But it's also not the way I want to present myself.

I have yet to find an anti-perspirant that I can't sweat through, so I can't give any brand a high recommendation. However, I like Degree the best.

Degree Prescription Strength is good.

And expensive.

I like Degree - I stay dry & the scents arent too strong, except for this little tiny one I bought once - I don't remember which it was, but the scent was WAY too strong...it overpowered everything & I smelled it ALL DAY...couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from until I took my shirt off that night...

My best guess is that it was the "Sport" scent. Has anyone else noticed that most "Sport" scent deodorants/anti-perspirants smell like rancid sweat? What's the point of that? When I was in college, my summer job was as a grill cook. During that time, I once made the mistake of buying Sport scent Degree. My assistants in the kitchen kept saying that it smelled like something had died in there. At first I couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from, either. Then I realized that it was me (or more precisely, my anti-perspirant).

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the classic oldspice stick, red outside, the stick is like blusih in color, or the oldspice SPORT, same red outside, smells great, works the best out of anything ive ever used