Best doc to see for Testosterone Concerns?

sccp

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Greenville (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I've read many of the TRT threads on the forum but I still have one question, what type of doctor is the best to visit for concerns about Testosterone levels? Should I go to my usual MD or a urologist?

I'm 28 and have suspected for some time now that I have low Testosterone levels. I have virtually no interest in sex, and over the past few months my spontaneous erections and desire to even masturbate have dropped considerably. I use to be a two times a day person, now even once a day takes some effort. I eat relatively well, am active, take vitamins, etc.

I had my regular doctor run some normal bloodwork at my last visit and everything else came out perfect, so I know there isn't another issue at play. My cholesterol, etc was excellent. Looking at the symptoms of low testosterone on the net I seem to have many of them, but I think he would probably just brush me off which is why I'd lean towards a urologist.

Anyone here have any advice?

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Reproductive Endocrinologist

You can discuss your concerns with your regular doctor.

If he just brushes you off - maybe time to find a new doctor.

trjnhrs9

Expert Member
Media
Your regular physician can prescribe blood tests to check for testosterone levels. Like Pitbull said, though, if he blows you off, find another doc.

I'm going to a guy close to home who does age management for men and women. Part of the process is hormone restoration (testosterone) to levels you should have had as a 25 year old. So I'm on a once-a-week shot of Cipionate, a type of free-form testosterone that doesn't convert to DHT (think baldness if you have the gene for that) and doesn't create steroidal rage. I give the shots to myself at home. And the vial costs only about $150 every three months.

A buddy of mine has been on this program for three months and it has restored his interest in sex, plus he's gained about fifteen pounds of lean muscle from his workouts. I've only been on it for two weeks, but I can already tell a difference.

Hope this helps.