Best Excuses to leave work early

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by D_Kaye Throttlebottom, Nov 11, 2008.

1. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Give me your best or funniest reasons to leave work early, I'll start with 3.

1. Wife had an appointment and cannot drive - have to go get her.
    2. My fish is sick and I'm taking it to the vet.
    3. Coming down with Pink eye.

2. Gl3nn

Gold Member

I just recently started volunteering for the BBSSA, the Bridle Bones Syndrome Suffering Amnesia foundation. And you know what? You're pretty much all the time on the phone with those people. Becaus they have bridle bones and they always forget that.

IT ALWAYS WORKS

3. Principessa

Gold Member

• This only worked when I was working in Little Ferry, NJ but living in Lakewood, NJ. "I have to leave early because it's Friday and otherwise it will take me 4 hours to get home."
    • I have endometriosis and my period just started. The cramps are killing me.
    • I have to go for a mammogram. (this is only good once a year):tongue:
    • I have to take my mom/dad/grandpa to the cardiologist.

4. erratic

Gold Member

Just talk about something no boss wants to know anything more about.

1) I have terrible diarrhoea. (Which is perfect, because if they ask for a doctor's note you can't go get one until the diarrhoea is over anyway.)

2) My partner and I got a little hot and heavy last night, and he/she is still bleeding so I need to take her/him to the hospital.

3) Call from home. Fake barfing all over the phone. Drop phone. Say "Oh God, oh God, I just barfed on the phone."

Draft saved Draft deleted