Best Fast Food Hamburger

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dr. Dilznick, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Fuddruckers. The rest is shit.

2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    personally, if I'm gonna spend that amount of money on a meal I prefer it to be real food as opposed to mechnically-recovered quasi-meat product with 80% salt, but that's just me.

3. loser_emo_kid

loser_emo_kid New Member

It's all about the Double Western Bacon Chee

4. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

Ruddfuckers is decent, but I wouldn't call them fast.

I don't do fast food much anymore, but Roy Rogers bacon cheebahgah gets my vote as the best.

5. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

Ruddfuckers is great, but Whataburger and Mytiburger are the best around friend. ;)
    [post=335195]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Ah Whataburger. Spent many a late night there at Shepherd and 59 (think thats where it was) after clubbing when I lived in Houston a few years back. Their best food, I thought, was the breakfast shit. The egg burritos were excellent. Or maybe it just seemed like it after drinking all night. :beer:

6. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

I miss their fajita tacos...they were great after a night at the bar. Whataburger is only a Texas thing though.

I like Rallys, Dairy Queen (when you can find one that makes them) and Wendy's.

7. dufus

dufus New Member

Roy Rogers was my childhood hero. I could never forget his horse Trigger. I never knew that Roy made cheesburgers. But I live in the bible belt where the southrons eat chitlins and fried pork rinds.

8. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Whataburger is not only a Texas thing. They make the best fast food hamburger in Louisiana as well ... though 'fast' is a relative term. I've received my order more quickly at a sit-down restaurant than I often do at Whataburger. When I was in high school, there was a little drive-through burger place in Shreveport called Beefy's. The burgers were good, and the batter-dipped Cajun fries were awesome. It was bought out by ShortStop, and the quality immediately dropped.

9. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Nope. I've never eaten in Jennings. I do, however, have friends who can keep me supplied with real boudin: the good stuff ... the illegal stuff! (N.B. Red boudin is illegal to sell, not illegal to consume.)

10. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

The What-a-Burger in Colonial Heights has been around since I was a kid and it still makes the best burgers on the planet, the only difference being that these days you can't find a good tomato anywhere.

I read that McDonald's sold just 10 billion burgers last year. They could only find one cow.

11. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Then what would you call them?

12. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Wendy's gets a special nod cause of their chili sauce. Their burgers are flat burned husks of Grade C Meat, but ask for their chili sauce that comes in a gold packet, it's ungodly on burgers.

13. warmsunshine

warmsunshine New Member

I find myself unwilling to eat hamburger since reading Fast Food Nation.

14. InsertHere

InsertHere New Member

And I became a vegetarian!

However, since I wasn't always a vegetarian, I can jump to the defense of In 'N Out Burger! I'm shocked it hasn't been mentioned yet.

In 'N Out, in addition to having a fabulously sexual name, is still privately owned and they use all fresh natural ingredients. You can watch them cut the potatoes into fries. It's ungodly good. In fact, In 'N Out was mentioned as the sort of "exception to the rule" in Fast Food Nation, because I think they made things difficult for the beef suppliers by demanding higher quality.

I'm pretty sure In 'N Out is a California/west coast thing, though...none back at school in Ohio...just one more thing to miss about California!

15. Imported

Gold Member

buckyr0gers: ^^their burgers are great with that 'special sauce'.

Then what would you call them?
    [post=335343]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    How is Fuddruckers fast food? That's a resteraunt.

16. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    One of the best fast-food burgers I ever ate was at McDonalds, believe it or not.

It was the Chicken Tatsuta Burger at McDonald's in Japan. An unlikely sounding combination, but pretty tasty--a chicken breast piece with some kind of soy sauce on the outside, a really interesting horseradish sauce, and finely shredded cabbage on a semi-sweet egg-bread bun.

That, plus the all-important French Fries, was my standard hangover cure after a heavy night on the Sapporo Kuro-Label. The late Julia Child is on record: she thought that McDonald's frites are the world's best, by the way.

That well known Scottish hamburger firm hates anything that's not mindlessly standardised, but they grudgingly localise their menus around the world out of sheer necessity. Is there anywhere else besides McD Japan where you can get Fish McNuggets with a wasabi dipping sauce?

They stopped selling the CTB in favour of the global-bland chicken fillet burger, with the KFC-style cardboard breaded cutlet. My hangovers were never the same.

But you don't mess with the Big Mac. For example, 98% of all Australians remove the pickle from a Big Mac, yet they won't change it for their Australian stores. Dumb-fuck multinational companies, I dunno.

17. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

McDonald's fries are THE most overrated fast food item around. They're usually soft or cold or both.

18. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Truly a man of discerning taste. Hint: don't take a date to a "resteraunt" like Fuddruckers.

19. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Um, Mickey D's is headquartered in the Chicago suburbs.

20. Bananaman

Bananaman New Member

InsertHere, you got it! In 'n' Out for me, at least on the west coast.
    Kinda funny, but I've seen an 18 wheeler going down the road with an "In 'n' Out Burger" bumper sticker on the back that had been slightly edited-- It read "In 'n' Out urge" -- Now what was that about special sauce....?

B-man

Draft saved Draft deleted