Best Film of 2010?..

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This has been a rather remarkably rather movie free year for me. The only things I've seen are...
The Ghost Writer
127 Hours
The Kings Speech
The Social Network
Black Swan
Hereafter
Tangled
I don't know... I'll go with The Ghost Writer.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I loved the look of Tron Legacy, it didnt have much in terms of plot and was far from the best film but every single shot was so techno-beautiful and well thought out.

There were a number of movies I enjoyed this year but there hasn't been one stand out film. My favourites include: Black Swan, The Kids Are Alright, Inception, The Social Network, 127 Hours, Toy Story 3, Exit Through The Gift Shop and The Kings Speech. I couldn't say any one of them was my outright favourite but I enjoyed them all.

Inception is cool.

I now want to see Black Swan and King's Speech, since everyone is raving about them. :p

D_fbq01hbc

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There have been bucketfuls of good films in 2010. My favourites include A Prophet, which was robbed of an Oscar by an obscure Thai film, The Girl With....Trilogy, Toy Story 3, and Inception. On the other hand there was Eat, Pray, Love (or Watch, Puke, Sleep).

The best for me didn't get nearly enough exposure and that was an animation called The Secret of Kells. Have a look out for the DVD/Blu Ray next time you're out.

D_fbq01hbc

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My favourite: 'Another Year.'

I liked Another Year, but you have to be in the right mood to watch a Mike Leigh film. This one, to my mind, dealt with feelings of being excluded from lifes great party and wasn't a laugh a minute (then his films never are).

His best to date IMO is Vera Drake.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I haven't been to the cinema to see a movie in years. And I haven't heard of any of the films mentioned. I'm so completely out of the loop. But I did watch The Wizard of Oz on the flight down to Buenos Aires the morning of December 1st. Does that count?

S

superbot

I liked Another Year, but you have to be in the right mood to watch a Mike Leigh film. This one, to my mind, dealt with feelings of being excluded from lifes great party and wasn't a laugh a minute (then his films never are).

His best to date IMO is Vera Drake.
...but Lesley Manvilles' performance was JUST BRILIANT in 'Another Year.'

...but Lesley Manvilles' performance was JUST BRILIANT in 'Another Year.'
She's a brilliant actress, as is Lesley Sharp, lol. Crop of excellent Lesleys at the mo.

Did you see her (Manville's) turn as Margaret Thatcher?

S

superbot

She's a brilliant actress, as is Lesley Sharp, lol. Crop of excellent Lesleys at the mo.

Did you see her (Manville's) turn as Margaret Thatcher?

Have done yes.She makes so many others look crap.'Grown Ups', another Mike Leigh film she was in, was hilarious.Never seen her give a bad performance.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Kick Ass, Alice in Wonderland & Tron Legacy were entertaining. Not sure if any of these were my favorite, however. I've yet to see Black Swan, but I've seen nothing but praise from literally everyone who seen it. That's one of the movies I have to see.

Other notable mentions for this year:
For Colored Girls
Inception
Despicable Me
The Book Of Eli
Shutter Island (which has the track that needs to win "Best Song" in my humble opinion)
The Kids Are Alright

JacobFox

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If i had to pick off the top of my head, I would say Inception. I like a movie that makes me think and it did. However, now that we are getting into the awards season there will be several movies that I have not heard of getting nominated and I will check them out. Usually when this happens, I discover some amazing gems.

Also, although I was doubtful at first, I really liked True Grit. I generally hate remakes, but this was an awesome move and Jeff Bridges made a better Rooster Cogburn than John Wayne in my opinion.