Best Friends vs Couple

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by sg4lf, Nov 2, 2008.

1. sg4lf

sg4lf New Member

Albums:
    Im not sure if this is the right place to put this thread, but i just want to get some advice. I've got myself as 70/30 but i've never done anything with another guy before. The thing is, i would like to try it though. the only thing bothering me is that I don't want to be in a relationship with another guy as a "couple". I don't mean to sound offensive or anything but im not attracted to guys in that sense. I've always just wanted a "best friend" who i can talk to/fool around with without having to worry about any homophobia etc. You could say that if i wanted to i could just go out and find random guys but im not that type of person. i like to make friends and stay friends. I value long term relationships rather than short term flings. so thats the issue that im dealing with. Guys i've tried to talk to have always wanted to be a "couple" but i just couldn't do it. I still like girls heaps and in the end i do see myself with a girl but for now im just trying to satisfy a curiousity i have.

does anyone have any advice? thanks.

2. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    I get what you are after and hope you can find someone to do that with you. I'm lucky that way; have made a number of really close friends that I can 'play' with. All fun but no ties. And no 'coupling'.

Have to say that not that many guys I've met want to be FWB's. Most of them either want a random fuck or are looking for lurv. But keep on looking and you will find those guys that meet your criteria. We're out there!

#2 Hellboy0, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  3. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

Hey, guy, I totally know what you mean. My long-term relationships have always been with women; can't imagine having that sort of close partnering with another guy.

Still, guys are just fun as hell to mess around with and stroke and suck and even fuck, safely, in a friendly way but with no big intimacy expectations. The phrase "friends with benefits" just really applies.

Not sure what to tell ya -- keep asking for and looking for what you want, and you get it, I find. I understand what you're looking for but don't have any great advice on how to get it; it just seems to find me if I'm open to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted