Best Gay TV Couple

Brensta

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Best gay TV couple... Willow and Tara from Buffy because I enjoyed watching it so much and they really did have great chemistry.

But if you mean best as in "most realistic" you'll never get a couple that fits that criteria.. since its so different for every couple its just not gonna happen. I've never seen a gay relationship on TV that resembles mine.

Reactions: MickeyLee

JacobFox

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Best gay TV couple... Willow and Tara from Buffy because I enjoyed watching it so much and they really did have great chemistry.

But if you mean best as in "most realistic" you'll never get a couple that fits that criteria.. since its so different for every couple its just not gonna happen. I've never seen a gay relationship on TV that resembles mine.

Nope, I really meant 'favorite' more than I meant 'best.' I sometimes use the words interchangeably when I shouldn't.

I am glad someone agrees on me with Willow and Tara :)

Media
I still don't think America is at a point where we can say we have had enough really good gay characters on TV in order to pick a best, yet.

I didn't mind most of the characters on the American version of Queer as Folk, although the couple from Modern Family is the most accessible to the majority of people while remaining true to what is it like to be gay in America.

The pickings are slim at best.

i like will and jack (from the show "will and grace") together even though they're not a couple. they'd make a great couple. i miss that show :frown:

I miss that show too. Many folks found the comedy offensive but come on, that was some of the best writing on that tv. Karen Walker, the pill popping and alcohol parody was funny. Her arch nemesis story line with Beverly Leslie was my fave.

I am as gay as they come, but Willow Rosenberg and Tara Maclay from Buffy is the best same sex relationship in the history of television. They ALWAYS bring a tear to my eye.

What do you think is the best gay couple on tv ever?

I am sorry but when those two made a couple on Buffy I could have strangled Joss Whedon. They gagged me. I am a huge Buffy fan but those two, NO.

Bert and Ernie from Sesamee Street :wink:

LOL brilliant.

D_Polyxena Pasties

Just Browsing
Media
My first thought was Will & Jack.... but yeah, they weren't really a couple were they? I can think of a lot of gay characters I adore on tv, but they usually aren't "coupled" with anyone. I'm starting to think that's a stereo type in it's self.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I miss that show too. Many folks found the comedy offensive but come on, that was some of the best writing on that tv. Karen Walker, the pill popping and alcohol parody was funny. Her arch nemesis story line with Beverly Leslie was my fave.

will & grace was a better written acted and produced comedy than seinfeld & friends combined, but since it featured lead gay characters, it never quite gets all the recognition it deserves. and alot of red state people never watched it because of that.

it took a few episodes for the actors to find the voice of their characters, but once they did it was a well oiled machine. the only black stain on the whole run were the story arcs when they tried to give grace a boyfriend. I hated all the episodes with woody harrelson and harry connick (acting way over his head, and all that heavy relationship drama in a sharp comedy? ugh!) I could just barely sit through one of those episodes in order to catch jack and karen up to something really good.

smart TV: RIP

oddest, but funny guest stars:
Male: Luke Perry
Female: Rosanna Arquette.

Reactions: MickeyLee

JacobFox

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am sorry but when those two made a couple on Buffy I could have strangled Joss Whedon. They gagged me. I am a huge Buffy fan but those two, No

Well, we can't all expect to like the same things :) Personally though, I think it was the best relationship on the show. When Tara died and Willow's eyes went black, you know the world was coming close to ending.

JacobFox

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

JacobFox

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i didnt' know that, i must not watch enough tabloid tv , and i only read people standing in line at the grocery store

It's Hodgkins Lymphoma, but the good news is that it is currently in remission... or it at least was last time I heard about it.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've long suspected that Uncle Bill and Mr. French had something going on in *Family Affair* Mr. French was not happy when those kids showed up at the door!